Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
    FrancescoDeso Also, I believe 'scripting' is a better option for that.
    I am investigating, studying, learning a viable avenue to make it happen instead of go full c++ there. I hope what I'm researching works well with that, still got no concrete results

Yet again, thank you for the fast response!

Yeah, it's true, what I wanted to do was kind of a "hack". Basically I had a UMG widget with a list and wanted to make a C++ "script" to fill it with stuff in a few lines of code, instead of making LOTS of boilerplate spaghetti blueprint nodes. I wanted to skip the bae C++ class, but apparently there is no way to avoid it!

Seeing your work, I'm sure you'll find very clever solutions for these kind of problems in the future Let me tell you again that your plugin is amazing!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    FrancescoDeso Also, I believe 'scripting' is a better option for that.
    I am investigating, studying, learning a viable avenue to make it happen instead of go full c++ there. I hope what I'm researching works well with that, still got no concrete results

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FrancescoDeso View Post

Thank you for the fast response!

That's true about the TSubClassOf! But, what if I want to pass an instance of the Blueprint class, in order to access functions/variables defined in the Blueprint class?

I'm guessing that it can be only be done only with reflection, right?
    Yes, BP object can only be accessed from C++ if you use the reflection system.
    I want to create a default API for that, I just too chaotic situation right now and can never start it.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Yes you can use

TSubclassOf<someClass> myClassPin

as input to pass a BP class to c++ code.
    Thank you for the fast response!

That's true about the TSubClassOf! But, what if I want to pass an instance of the Blueprint class, in order to access functions/variables defined in the Blueprint class?

I'm guessing that it can be only be done only with reflection, right?
    Last edited by FrancescoDeso; 07-20-2020, 03:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FrancescoDeso View Post
    I've got a question. Is it possible to pass as pin a Blueprint only class? Imagine that I've got a blueprint Actor, could I pass it in some way to a magic node?
    Yes you can use

TSubclassOf<someClass> myClassPin

as input to pass a BP class to c++ code.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First of all, thanks a lot for this awesome plugin! Really, I didn't think it was possible to make something like this!

I've got a question. Is it possible to pass as pin a Blueprint only class? Imagine that I've got a blueprint Actor, could I pass it in some way to a magic node?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have been thinking about adding auto formatting to code, but half the people I asked said they like it other half said they hate auto formatted code.
    Tickbox for Auto-Format ON / OFF?

Everyone hates auto-formatted code, except when it just works. Then they forget its even there..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have been thinking about adding auto formatting to code, but half the people I asked said they like it other half said they hate auto formatted code.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, visual studio is at least 50 million lines of code.
    There's a ton of things to do to make code editor in Unreal smoother.. GUI for games is different matter.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know
    developing a code editor in Slate is very difficult especially when compared to Visual Studio which is so good.
    I wonder if you can make use of NoesisGUI? And if it would make development easier?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know
    developing a code editor in Slate is very difficult especially when compared to Visual Studio which is so good.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah ok.

But the editor, the big one, not the one within the nodes, urgently needs a little revision. tabs and formatting are still quite difficult. I am also spoiled by visual studio. and the automatic completion stops. otherwise, very good work, I have to say.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can hide the code by pressing the arrow on the node
    \/ /\

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi.

I'am testing now your MagicNodes project. I find it very interesting, because now you have both worlds. The simple Nodes and complexity of C++. Very good idea.

however I would have some suggestions.

Please excuse my bad English first, but I hope you understand what I mean anyway. If I understand the whole thing correctly, you can create magicnodes as code in the content browser. In the blueprint you then create a container for the code and then insert it into the node. The problem I have is that you can see the complete code in the container. Too confusing to program, but just wasteful in space. I personally would find it better if the code is not displayed in the container. just inputs and outputs just like normal nodes. maybe another button to renew.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I haven't tried your plugin, but it looks really interesting to me.
    Just wanna say thank you for such an amazing plugin. You are doing a great thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X