MGC 'Magic Nodes'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Yes,this will definitely help in moving over to C++, allow learning and replacing incrementally without fear of destroying existing projects.

Just curious, any added bonuses like performance in packaged builds using these nodes over blueprint nodes? or nativization issues or benefits, regardless this is brilliant, cheers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    amazing tool!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ispheria View Post
    If it's free why not just open source it and let us download it on github while waiting for epic's approval? It looks very interesting btw
    The source is fully open.
    However, not everybody know how to setup plugins from outside Marketplace.

GitHub source I will release later, for now I'm busy coding things not related to any of this (work stuff).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If it's free why not just open source it and let us download it on github while waiting for epic's approval? It looks very interesting btw

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Reserved for FAQs...

Leave a comment:

• started a topic [PLUGIN] MGC 'Magic Nodes'

MGC 'Magic Nodes'

Mega Grant Recipient 2020!

Hello!
    I have been using this for a while now and, even though I didn't have the time to put together extensive learning resources, I believe it's ready to be shared with you guys

I've put together a system which I call "Magic Nodes" (lol) where we can write some C++ functions in-place on any Blueprint Graph and that node will "morph" to match the input and output parameters of the function you wrote within the node itself. Some people might be confused of why we would need this, but instead of trying to advocate the tool I'd rather let your own experience speak for itself; there's numerous tasks where dragging wires on Blueprint Editor slows down productivity and this tool could be useful to address that, sometimes it's simply faster to type a few lines of code instead of dealing with wire spaghetti!

With this I also hope, with time, Blueprint developers have a first contact with C++ code and slowly become comfortable moving to Visual Studio workflow later on, if wanted

So, what is this... A few super simple simple examples:

We can type some code, compile (hot-reload), and the node will "morph" its pins to accommodate and execute the function we wrote inside of it.
    This can be very handy for developers missing something in-between Blueprints and pure C++ code...
    Also it's very useful to actually "read" right there what exactly that one node is doing.

While coding our functions in this node, we can have some basic auto-complete functionality as well.
    However keep in mind that I have no previous experience with any of this, turns out making an auto-complete feature is a beast of a complex task and I've implemented only the very basics!
    For example, in this screenshot the node detected I am trying to invoke a function from a ACharacter class, so while I was typing it will show me functions and properties members of ACharacter class:

Now released:

MARKETPLACE
    GITHUB

Last edited by BrUnO XaVIeR; 02-11-2020, 05:15 PM.
Working...
X