Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uefy 2.0 (Pro Edition) make Blender's rigify rigs compatible with UE4, also has a FREE version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New version 1.2.1 Released!

You can get the latest file from the same email with the download link used to get the original. The link has been reactivated. If your download link does not update, send a reply to the same email with a description of the issue and I'll sort it out.

Recent Blender 2.8 beta changes require this update. If you are using the Blender binary released today, then you need this update.
    UE4 Tutorials for 3rd person Blueprint project from scratch: Youtube Channel
    Use Blender 2.8 to make UE4 compatible animations: Blog

Comment

Once bought and i have the code, im free to distribute it (or modify) under the same license as for use with Blender (GPL3). I can distribute it however i like - for free or for money.
      Have you considered this? Basically, i can fork it on github under GPL3 without any issue.

Comment

Yes I have known that from the start. Any script that makes use of Blender's API must be licensed under the GPL as I have done here. GPL allows me to charge a fee as I am doing so here. The income helps support me and this project.

You can start distributing it however you like as the GPL allows. Even if you fork the project my copyright notices can not be removed. The script will remain something I created and am rather proud of.

Lastly I would like to point out that from all the people who purchased this script. Nobody has done this simply to deny me some supporting income. If you wish to fork the project I ask you add some significant value. Ofcourse nothing stopping you from just distributing it for nothing.
        Last edited by Waves; 05-20-2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

I would like to add some user testimonials to the Uefy Script website (rakiz.com/uefy). Quite a few people are actively using the script. It would be awesome if you can post something about your projects and how you use the script.

Any recommendations/quotes you can add would really help me out and be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Waves View Post
            I would like to add some user testimonials to the Uefy Script website (rakiz.com/uefy). Quite a few people are actively using the script. It would be awesome if you can post something about your projects and how you use the script.

Any recommendations/quotes you can add would really help me out and be greatly appreciated.
            Hi Rakiz,

Your script works very well. I have used it to create a modular character starting with a Make Human mesh that can utilize the UE4 mannequin/Epic skeleton and therefore many animation sequences, both free and purchasable. I have been writing a blog about my progress here: http://blog.futureofmankind.co.uk/?p=28

The only improvement I would like to see in a future version is:
            • Enable the ability to Set the Bone Rolls to that of the Epic Skeleton when exporting an FBX
            Last edited by Moore Game Dev; 06-04-2019, 06:27 PM. Reason: Grammar
            Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/jamesmoore
            Sketchfab: https://sketchfab.com/James.Moore

Comment

Hi Rakiz

I have been using the script for a few months now I was already transferring all my models to the ue4 default mani. I was looking for a way to speed up my workflow. I am glad to say your script exceeded my expectations. Following your video guides i committed all bone names and rotations to memory and am able to transfer a mesh to the ue4 mani in minutes rather than hours. I have yet to find a mesh it did not work for. This includes ones from mixamo and paragon char.

Thanks for your work

I would also like to say giving someone else work away just because you can is morally wrong how would you enjoy it.

It has payed for itself 100 times over in the hrs it has saved me

Comment

Originally posted by kelfire View Post
                Looks pretty cool, but your website is down for me. Any other way of downloading the script?
                agreed... can we get something a bit cheaper than £24.55 to go from blender[Free Software] to UE4[Free Software]

Comment

Originally posted by Wilsman77 View Post

agreed... can we get something a bit cheaper than £24.55 to go from blender[Free Software] to UE4[Free Software]
                  Waves put a lot of work into this! I'd gladly pay for a plugin this useful. I certainly don't think it's an unreasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerdsbeware View Post

Waves put a lot of work into this! I'd gladly pay for a plugin this useful. I certainly don't think it's an unreasonable price.
                    fully appreciate the great work went into it, just trying to *hint* to Epic to help Waves bring it to more people!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilsman77 View Post

fully appreciate the great work went into it, just trying to *hint* to Epic to help Waves bring it to more people!
                      Haha, sorry if I was harsh. You're fine.

Yeah, I agree it's pretty terrible on both Epic and The Blender Foundation's part that after all that big talk about FBX and the investments that were made, both sides just drop all semblance of support for each other like a bad habit. I'm sure there are reasons though, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

Comment

This script is a godsend. I'm a freelance 3D modeler and Animator and all this technical stuff trying to import models from Blender to UE4 was a nightmare. Before this script I spent months troubleshooting trying to get characters properly imported into UE4 from Blender, causing headaches for me and the dev team I was working with (I actually spent a few months learning Maya just to circumvent issues with root animation).
                        What this script does is makes the whole process a few clicks and even allows for importing animations with relative ease. This also makes the process of collaborating with other artists brilliantly simple since brings any model to basic UE4 standards.
                        I really cant recommend this thing more for Blender to UE4 artists, seriously its a huge time saver.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerdsbeware View Post
                          Yeah, I agree it's pretty terrible on both Epic and The Blender Foundation's part that after all that big talk about FBX and the investments that were made, both sides just drop all semblance of support for each other like a bad habit. I'm sure there are reasons though, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes.
                          I applied for an Epic Grant for the script but never heard back. To be fair they probably get thousands of applications so this is unlikely. However if Epic did provide a grant I'd dispense with the fee and just move to GitHub. There are a couple more features I'd like to add but the script is pretty useful as it is.

Comment

I would suggest this for anyone that hates retargeting or wants a true UE4 rig made in blender.

I recently created a character rig using this and it was pretty difficult to go through the video tutorial. I did take notes though so I'm posting them here for anyone else that buys the product. I'll update this as needed.

Set up the scene
                            • unit scale .01
                            • focal length end 50m

Import UE4 dude to blender.
                            • Main: Uncheck import animation
                            • Armatures: Check automatic bone orientation

Import your rigged character

Create a new meta rig and scale it x100

Run uefy
                            • To run the script open Blender’s “Scripting” layout. Click on the open button and navigate to the script and select it. Afterwards click on “Run Script”.

Your Characters bones
                            • You can also use this script for renaming https://github.com/enziop/mixamo_converter
                            • Use UEFY to roll the bones to face the correct xyz. You can use right click symmetrize to fix the other half and to view the axis of bones go into “object data”
                            • The right foot need to be like this, then symmetrize

Select the rigs in uefy script panel

Now pre-process the bones with “Setup bone names” and then “pose character”

modify the rest pose
                            1. Go in “Object Mode” and select your deformed object.
                            2. Go into the objects object modifiers
                            3. Copy the “Armature Modifier”
                            4. Apply the first (original) “Armature Modifier”
                            5. Do this for each mesh on your rig.
                            6. Select your armature and go in “Pose Mode”.
                            7. “Apply Pose as Rest Pose” in the “Pose” menu. This will clear the double deformation and put your object in your new rest pose.

The metarig

Make sure the metarig feet axis are facing like this

the heel needs to be like this

Go into object mode and make sure there’s no rotation or location transforms on the armature or meshes.

Scale the metarig up to match the shoulders

Align the spine to better fit your rig

Apply transforms

Select the character mesh, apply it’s modifier

Then unparent it from the old rig

Move the metarig into the same collection as your character

Generate the rigify rig

Parent the rig. Select the mesh then the (generated)rig, then do this

You can hide the metarig now

Deselect all, then build unreal skeleton

then click weight paint

the new bones are on these three layers

Exporting

IMPORTANT ***Rename the rig Armature***

Select the character and rig

Go to file/export/fbx
                            • Main: Selected objects
                            • Armature:

Then name it and export

True UE4 Skeleton

Make a backup save

Then set original bone rolls
                            Last edited by deathclonic; 06-14-2019, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deathclonic View Post
                              Then set original bone rolls
                              I would like to understand under which circumstances it would be appropriate to do this. I've found that if I don't do this and if I also don't select the UE4 Mannequin skeleton (the Epic Skeleton) upon import of my skeletal mesh into UE4, then I can still retarget a free Epic Skeleton-based animation to my (newly generated by UE4 upon import) skeleton just fine. And the resulting retargeted animation looks just fine.
                              Last edited by Moore Game Dev; 06-13-2019, 05:03 PM.
                              Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/jamesmoore
                              Sketchfab: https://sketchfab.com/James.Moore

Comment

Some 3rd party blueprints and some hardware based projects might expect the same bone rolls on characters as the UE4 Mannequin. I know atleast a couple of cases where this was needed by Uefy Script customers. Any project that is based on shared animations built on the mannequin will need this too.

For example in https://youtu.be/4Dh5k4ATHYU ALS system is built on the mannequin. With set original bone rolls new characters can be dropped into it very easily. While I can not comment on this system specifically but generally trying to update a system of blueprints like that can be very difficult. So compatible characters with correct bone rolls are needed.

If you are just working on your own project it is probably not necessary but would be very desirable if making content for the unreal marketplace. While Epic has not specifically stated so, not having the correct bone orientations will cause problems for some customers for the above reasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X