Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uefy 2.0 (Pro Edition) make Blender's rigify rigs compatible with UE4, also has a FREE version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added more videos and updated description. Also I hope all website related issues are resolved now. Please send me a PM is you still have trouble accessing the website.
    UE4 Tutorials for 3rd person Blueprint project from scratch: Youtube Channel
    Use Blender 2.8 to make UE4 compatible animations: Blog

Comment

Released Uefy Script version 1.2

There are some breaking changes, you may need to regenerate and reimport old characters

- Script now exports Epic Skeleton bone hierarchy with original UE4 Mannequin joint rolls
      - Custom Mapping added for Makehuman characters
      - Support added for missing finger bones
      - Breaking Change: Head bone is now called 'head' instead of 'head_01'
      - Breaking Change: IK bone orientations and default behavior changed to match original mannequin more closely
      - New functionality to support bone roll changes
      - Support added for semi-automatic addition of new bone chains on top of Epic Skeleton

Also made a new video showing how you can rig any character with a similar bone hierarchy as the original mannequin

Also updated the first post of the thread. Uefy Script is available for sale at http://rakiz.com/uefy

Comment

Great Job! I recommend this script, it works very well. Looking forward for future videos.

Comment

Added another video, this time we rig a Paragon character in Blender with rigify + uefy combo and bring it back to the Engine. I picked Paragon Wraith for this example, he is one of the more simpler paragon but the video still ended up nearly a hour long. Paragon Characters have weapons armatures built in with their main skeleton. I remove the weapons and make it possible to have switchable weapons and shareable animations with other characters.

Enjoy!
          Last edited by Waves; 03-08-2019, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Any plans to upgrade this script to 2.8?

Comment

This script is designed for and only works with Blender 2.8 beta and above. Did you mean upgrade to Blender 2.8 final? I expect the script will continue to work without modification but once Blender 2.8 final is released I will go over it and make any updates if needed.

Comment

Would this script work with meshes in Blender that have shape keys, please? There is a script here which permits one to apply the armature modifier on a mesh with shape keys https://github.com/przemir/ApplyModi...tWithShapeKeys
                Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/jamesmoore
                Sketchfab: https://sketchfab.com/James.Moore

Comment

Part of the process of rigging a character with Uefy Script involves applying armatures to the mesh. Blender does not allow that if the mesh has shapekeys. So this is more of a Blender issue rather than anything the script does. This also means you can get around the problem. Remove the shapekeys from the mesh, rig the mesh with help from Uefy Script. Then copy the shapekeys back to the now rigged mesh from a copy of the original mesh.

I know that Blender has support for this type of data transfer. Seen some stackoverflow articles, you can search for them. But I have not used shapekeys myself, I can not provide instructions.

Comment

Uefy Script has support for exporting characters with joints rolls that are compatible with Unreal Engine 4. That means you can import characters on top of the default UE4 mannequin. This makes it very simple to update characters for 3rd party products like ALS or hardware based products which expect the bone hierarchy to have the same orientation as the default UE4 mannequin.

Last edited by Waves; 04-13-2019, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Hi Rakiz,

Great script! I tried it out today and found that it works with a character that originated from Make Human. I think this is gonna be a great time saver and I no longer see any reason to learn Maya.

Thanks,
                      James
                      Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/jamesmoore
                      Sketchfab: https://sketchfab.com/James.Moore

Comment

Can anybody help me to figure out how to add custom maping to uefy, my character is variation of UE4 Mannequin with out ik_hand_root, ik_foot_root, ik_hand_l, ik_hand_l, ik_hand_gun ?

Comment

Adding a custom mapping can be difficult. You should first try to use the process shown in this video to get the rig you need. https://youtu.be/kuqeG6oGQJM

The new bone roll tools from update 1.2 work very well. I might remove custom mappings altogether in a future update.

Comment

hello,
                            I recently purchased your script and it doesn't want to work.

the way I am doing things is that I have gone through your tutorials pretty closely but once I get to the part where it comes to pose the rig (i am using a fuze character) I would get this error, I don't know what is going on, and have tried the basic way (straight up mannequin), as well as the fuze and any character (the frog monster) and haven't been able to get it to work.

can you please help me figure out how to fix this?

Comment

Scorpiologist I can take a look at this. Contact me on email, you can send a reply to the email with the download link.

Comment

It seems there has been a change in Blender's API that requires an update to the script. This happened just today for the May 16 Blender 2.8 Beta download. The script was working fine for yesterday's build on May 15.

Since this just happened I don't have any information on what changed or how long it would take to update the script. In the mean time if you contact me on email I can provide you links to download my copy of the May 15th build as well as the much older build that was used to make the tutorials.

Update 1:
                                I have the script working locally with the new API changes. I will update the download once testing is complete. This might still take a while.
                                Last edited by Waves; 05-17-2019, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X