Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Kelheor View Post
    Project now available on Unreal Marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ug/etherlinker
    I've been following this for a long time now. I'm currently on my mobile and I "purchased" it only to be the first to rate it 5/5.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Project now available on Unreal Marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ug/etherlinker

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
    Would Buy 10/10 if you keep on updating it.
    It will be free and I will continue to add new engine versions support. Can't say about adding new features at this moment, because I have to make other marketplace projects first.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Would Buy 10/10 if you keep on updating it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hope I won't get a lot of hate about cryptocurrencies in comments in case if it will be published
    The only hate most crypto projects are going to get is a massive lack of UX design from any real perspective. Its like everything needs to be 10x more complex than it really is and anyone actually trying to do something substantial is doomed to hit road block after road block. I would surprised to see any comments at all much less negative ones. haha

This isn't just regarding this plugin, I am talking about many different blockchains and devs all with similar results.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by owenprescott View Post

One possible option would be to just release the HUD / widgets ( e.g. Etherlink - Ethereum Blockchain Crypto Wallet Kit ) and then you can point to plugin stuff to make the widgets functional
    I decided to take a risk and tried to publish it on Marketplace as a code plugin with links to Example Project, Integration Server and documentation. Now it's all depends on the Marketplace team decision (as I said before, there is a high risk of being rejected). I think that widgets only will be even worse to publish because with a compiled plugin, downloaded from Epic Games Launcher you don't need to recompile it on your own (lots of users have troubles with it), so in case of widgets-only, it would be unusable for many inexperienced users. Hope I won't get a lot of hate about cryptocurrencies in comments in case if it will be published

Leave a comment:

• replied

I thought about publishing project on Marketplace, but it's hard to do because the project has Java code, which you can't place with marketplace projects. I also doubt that the marketplace team allows me to publish just UE4-related part because in this case project won't be able to run out of box. The only real way to promote this project via the marketplace is to add support of it into my existing project, which is a good idea but will require time, which I don't have at this moment (hope later I will do that).
    One possible option would be to just release the HUD / widgets ( e.g. Etherlink - Ethereum Blockchain Crypto Wallet Kit ) and then you can point to plugin stuff to make the widgets functional

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by owenprescott View Post

I'm hoping to eventually use Cardano for my game, their smart contracts are not ready yet but lots of potential imo. I'm sure you could get help with funding from Emurgo to build dev tools for Cardano blockchain.

I would also suggest releasing something Etherlinker related on the marketplace, even if it's just a random addon type thing. I don't know how I originally found out about Etherlinker but most people on the marketplace prob don't know it exists.We definitely need some blockchain integrations for Unreal Engine and game dev in general.

*edit*
    FYI I mentioned Etherlinker in the Cardano dev telegram https://t.me/CardanoDevelopersOfficial
    They mentioned to point you to their accelerator program if you're interested, https://dlab.vc/
    I thought about publishing project on Marketplace, but it's hard to do because the project has Java code, which you can't place with marketplace projects. I also doubt that the marketplace team allows me to publish just UE4-related part because in this case project won't be able to run out of box. The only real way to promote this project via the marketplace is to add support of it into my existing project, which is a good idea but will require time, which I don't have at this moment (hope later I will do that).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm bad at marketing, so I'm afraid not too many people know about this project. Sometimes people writing me with questions or bug reports via email, but I can't say for sure how many people are using it.

At this moment, I'm afraid, I don't have enough time for that. The situation can be changed if I will need that feature personally or if I will find funds to continue development.
    I'm hoping to eventually use Cardano for my game, their smart contracts are not ready yet but lots of potential imo. I'm sure you could get help with funding from Emurgo to build dev tools for Cardano blockchain.

I would also suggest releasing something Etherlinker related on the marketplace, even if it's just a random addon type thing. I don't know how I originally found out about Etherlinker but most people on the marketplace prob don't know it exists.We definitely need some blockchain integrations for Unreal Engine and game dev in general.

*edit*
    FYI I mentioned Etherlinker in the Cardano dev telegram https://t.me/CardanoDevelopersOfficial
    They mentioned to point you to their accelerator program if you're interested, https://dlab.vc/
    Last edited by owenprescott; 07-05-2019, 07:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
    2 questions:
    1) Im using custom build (spatialos ue4) and I need just the erc721 integration.. How hard is it to drop the VR and other functionalities? Also the nature of the server infrastructure means that the server should only read values from blockchain and client make the cntracts calls and store the keys.
    2) Can I connect to private chain? Is it anyway customizable in an easy way? Im hosting ethereum as a service on Azure.
    I had a blockchain functiojnality in mind... can make a solidity contract outside of ue4 but I had no idea how to make the functionality possible.
    1) I guess it's not hard to drop or ignore other functionality - just read comments and remove all that you don't need, or leave everything as is in case if in future you will need it. You can use this project in a UE4 client/server multiplayer project or singleplayer project (in this case, the integration server will be installed on end-user PC). Java-based integration server doing all job to interact with Ethereum network and UE4 only sends requests to integration server (so it's possible to use this project with other game engines if you write request wrapper). Read more in the documentation.

2) You can via Geth/Parity.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    2 questions:
    1) Im using custom build (spatialos ue4) and I need just the erc721 integration.. How hard is it to drop the VR and other functionalities? Also the nature of the server infrastructure means that the server should only read values from blockchain and client make the cntracts calls and store the keys.
    2) Can I connect to private chain? Is it anyway customizable in an easy way? Im hosting ethereum as a service on Azure.
    I had a blockchain functiojnality in mind... can make a solidity contract outside of ue4 but I had no idea how to make the functionality possible.

Leave a comment:

• replied

I can't recommend you anything specific, but in my opinion, I guess it's better to add integration for existing social networks and put efforts on something else.
    Wait a moment, are ERC721 tokens unable to save a string of text?... If that's the case then it greatly limits what can be done using this tech. :/
    Hell I cant even assign ownership over a IPFS hash so the game knows who owns what files in the game....

edit : I know its possible to save text on a transaction though.
    So like, for example the name of an account someone is using.
    IPFS hashes for things like ownership of worlds and Avatars.
    The ability to post short messages as well.

being able to post text has a lot of uses for sure.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-03-2019, 06:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Castle View Post
    I have a question. One of the things I want is for this to have a kind of Twitter functionality built into the game.
    What transaction type would I use for doing things like social media posts?
    Would each post be a token of some sort? Then I can input the text for the body the post ect?

My thinking is that account info, Avatars and social media posts would all be ERC721 tokens. Is that optimal for doing stuff like that... Its weird to think that people can trade ownership of social media posts though. Maybe I am thinking about this wrong?
    I can't recommend you anything specific, but in my opinion, I guess it's better to add integration for existing social networks and put efforts on something else.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a question. One of the things I want is for this to have a kind of Twitter functionality built into the game.
    What transaction type would I use for doing things like social media posts?
    Would each post be a token of some sort? Then I can input the text for the body the post ect?

My thinking is that account info, Avatars and social media posts would all be ERC721 tokens. Is that optimal for doing stuff like that... Its weird to think that people can trade ownership of social media posts though. Maybe I am thinking about this wrong?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My understanding is that its really the only true way a game like this can work unless every single action in the game is on chain. Coins like EOS or TRX can do that but ETH has transaction fees at this time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X