• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carlosan View Post
    Hi !
    Is working for 2.79a ?
    Thx
    Carlosan - I can confirm it is! but make sure you set the retargeting to skeletal in engine once you import anything.

Due to blender using the Y axis as main bone roll and UE using the X axis (if memory serves and it hasn't changed in 6 months) it is not possible to directly apply animation to the UE mannequin from blender... but if you re-target everything correctly as skeletal all animations will go across perfectly, or as close as is possible.

For anyone else that comes here... this add-on does need updating, and if you intend on making serious animations with it you must tweak and neaten up some of the rig.

So yeah there are some minor issues with the current rig that is used in blender!

Nothing that cant be fixed if you know animation but i'm still recording a half dozen of my own compatibility fixes while i animate using these tools for a free game template I will post back here once i get the chance to cut everything together!

If you have any re-targeting issues this is how you set the bones to skeletal - https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...out-bones.html
    Last edited by Jim Kroovy; 03-28-2018, 07:12 AM.

Comment

This video shows how to make the UE4Tools rig mirror animation correctly in blender and covers a basic setup for those twist bones!

Ya might want to skip the first couple of minutes to get to the UE4Tools fixing parts

Thought this would be a good place to put this more to come soon!

Comment

Exporting character works perfectly but i am missing shape keys ( morph targets ) after i include the character in to unreal . How can i fix that problem? I wanna export the character with skeleton tree with morph targets.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoBoyka View Post
          Exporting character works perfectly but i am missing shape keys ( morph targets ) after i include the character in to unreal . How can i fix that problem? I wanna export the character with skeleton tree with morph targets.
          Check "import morph targets" when you import

Comment

Does it work with 2.8?

Comment

Working...
            X