[ADDON BLENDER] UE Tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ADDON BLENDER] UE Tools

Hi guys, I've posted an addon for Blender I did, in order to improve my workflow from blender to Unreal engine.

Note that I am not a programmer so the code probably is not very polished, but it works and is Free!

I have created a page where you can see some videos of how to use it and read the documentation if you're interested

These features do not add any new functionality to blender… But simplify some things , at least for me. I hope that help you

BTW: I changed the name of the addon, now UE4 tools, a clearer name

UPDATED to Blender 2.75 & The New Mannequinfor little more details see the page 2)

Download & Documentation:
    Also Github

If you have any questions, suggestions or complaints, do not hesitate to contact with me, I will do what I can, but no promises

Last edited by Lui; 02-03-2016, 09:12 PM. Reason: New Video

Looks very nice, I'm already lost within Blender so having some of the process automated should help me out a lot!

I had to actually pay attention in order to understand you, but with full focus I believe I caught every word you said. I appreciate your efforts in putting these videos up in English.

Subscribed to your channel to catch any further updates, thanks for the tools.

Comment

Thanks, hope you can understand everything. If you see that has problems because I did too bad, you can always read the documentation and help with the images of the videos (I used a translator for the documentation so I guess it's better)

Comment

Fix a small issue on rename tools for custom prefix: Updated the download file:http://bit.ly/Z3JrXV

Comment

very interesting, i was looking at how to batch rename content in blender, hopefully it will work on rigs
          UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
          ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

I update UE Tools addon for run in BLender 2.72. You can download form the Main Page:http://bit.ly/Z3JrXV Greetings!

Comment

Hi Geodav, I'm working in a new feature for the Addon for add an armature from the HeroTPP (Witch I consider the "standard" armature for UE4) but with Ik/FK/ and some controls and properties for the rig.

I think can be useful too for many reasons, avoid re-target in UE4, easy animate new character with the "standard" armature, or just for create a basic animations for the blue guy for testing proposes (my case)

So I'm digging the python code for bones and armature and I know how to do the batch rename for the bones, but for what propose you want this feature?

I appreciate your feedback because can be useful for planning the UI the functions etc..

BTW: Sorry for delay (bad moments on my life but I'm back!)

BTW2: Would be a problem if I include the blue Guy Mesh with the addon? my idea is have the option for add the armature or the armature with the blue guy because in the future I think I can create something like the plugin for Maya , for adjust the bone positions etc.. and create new characters, and the blue guy seems perfect mesh for this propose

Greetings!

Comment

These new features work for other armatures too, basically I add a rig and controls for the rig to the "standar" skeleton from the HeroTPP, and some buttons for only export the "deform" bones only along with the character or the animations. For other armatures , I add a feature for recognize the "deform" bones automatically (search for bones that deform some vertex) and other for mark the bones you want to export manually. Also some tools for create and remove actions from the 3d view.

Someone at epic can tell me if I can release it with the blue guy mesh? if I distribute the addon with the new features I also need distribute a blend file with the rig and the hero Mesh (of course for free, like now).
                I need request permission form someone or somewhere?

Here some screenshots:

Attached Files

Comment

@Lui

I have a problem with faceted objects, looks like normals are smooth after export, can you check please?

btw, I am using this on daily basis to export, nice addon!

Comment

Hi TDoro, the addon Export the objects with "Smoothing " = Faces

I never thought it could be useful to export the object without the smooth faces, but of course ...normally I not do low polygon art and stuff like that

Give me some minutes , I will include a check box for use Smoothing faces or not on export options

Comment

Super, thanks!!

Comment

Ok done

Can download from the main page or use this direct link

The check box is under "tangent Space" option

Thanks for notice me you problem !

Greetings!

Comment

Thanks Lui, I will update asap!

Comment

Hi Lui,

Finaly updated for 2.73

Thank you
                            Last edited by ChrisTm; 03-07-2015, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Hey Lui,

Does this autorig characters similar to the ART tools in Maya?

HeadClot

Comment

Working...
                              X