No announcement yet.

FREE Responsive 3D Water with render Targets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So looking at the integrate video , I do not have a " water master" bp. Only "WaterBody" BPO. , when I first tried to open the project , it got stuck at 45 percent . but then it was in the launcher already and openable. but the original project does not have the water master bp in it either.Is there now a different way of integrating with the changes in V3? So this time the original project opened normally but still does not have water master bp.
    Last edited by razmaz51; 05-11-2019, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Ok so I got this working , your version males it easy . Is there a way to have my character float ? I cant obviously simulate physics on my character.

Comment

Interesting that I lost performance when packaged the game, usually I gain performance after packaging as Shipped. (Yes I applied same graphic settings in editor to packaged game)

It's like 60-70 fps when i would get 80-90 in editor. Same resolution, settings applied, etc. Oh well

Comment

Gallonmate depending on the amount of work, the performance at the editor viewport usually is higher since its size is reduced and even packaged you will use the full display area, as an example I usually leave the editor viewport area around HD size (720p), but when I play the game packaged I set the resolution for FullHD (1080p), so hardly the performance will be higher when packaged.
          Nilson Lima
          Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
          Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
          supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Thanks Nilson. As mentioned though, I'm using the same resolutions when comparing performance. I have packaged other projects before, almost always gaining performance. I will have to spend some time profiling and looking at how this works/render targets, as it seems the Draw performance is where the issue is coming from.

Comment

lol why is disableallscreenmessages executed by default in the character blueprint?

Comment

Anyways solved my performance issue for packaged game/project. Set Fullscreen Mode to Windowed Fullscreen/Borderless solved performance loss. For some reason True Fullscreen is causing some performance loss.
                Last edited by Gallonmate; 07-28-2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Hello!

Have anyone idea why I have these red reflections? I tried switching off show flags on capturescene component one by one what it should reflect, but I couldn't hide that.
                  I haven't any red object around...
                  Also, the look of water seems different in the editor as in play in the viewport. While the landscape reflected fine in the editor, I lost it when the game played. How can I get landscape reflections?
                  If I use another water material than own one, I get the reflections so I assume the problem is with material?
                  (Of course, the other material is not good as doesn't have the same material parameters causes the waves moving so I cant use it.)

thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	redlake.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	1662939

Name:	lakeeditor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	1662940