[RELEASED] trueSKY Alpha for UE4: Complete Sky and Weather System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michael_simul View Post

You can reduce this effect by increasing the 'Cloud Threshold Distance' to a value greater than 0, 0.1 should work.

As for the Niagara issue, we've figured out where the problem is, however since it'll require direct changes to UE4 it may take some time to actually implement a fix, since some changes will have to be made on Epic's side to make sure that people using the binaries version of the plugin can still use the two plugins alongside each other.
    Anything we can do to fix it on our source build?

Comment

Guys, does anyone have any resources for optimization tips they can point me to? if there's a FAQ anywhere or should I just get on Slack. I love TrueSky when it works, but we're at 8ms frametime. We have crazy clouds going, but if there are any other tips people have that I'm not thinking of, please let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by MadRoy1881 View Post
        When i use the thunderstorm function, no objects can be illuminate with lightning and i got so many jaggies on the edge of the object and the terrain.
        I tried to contact you on the official website yesterday and have not received any response so far.
        This issue can be fixed by Setting 'Cloud Threshold Distance' to a value greater than 1, 0.1 should do.
        Originally posted by J.C. Smith View Post

Anything we can do to fix it on our source build?
        Unfortunately not right now since the fix is quite involved, we'll be getting round to solving it soon however it may be a github version only fix until we can get it on the main UE4 branch
        Originally posted by retcheto View Post
        Guys, does anyone have any resources for optimization tips they can point me to? if there's a FAQ anywhere or should I just get on Slack. I love TrueSky when it works, but we're at 8ms frametime. We have crazy clouds going, but if there are any other tips people have that I'm not thinking of, please let me know!
        Unfortunately we don't have a specific guide for optimisation right now, however the most common methods for reducing the performance impact are to reduce the 'Maximum Cloud Resolution', 'Max Cloud Distance' and 'Default Num Steps', Increase the 'Render Grid Km' and the Amortisation settings, however Amortisation can result in visual artefacts if you move too fast throught the scene.

As a side note, I've been looking into DX12 issues and have been unable to replicate the issues people have been finding in the latest truesky version, so if people can test that out and also say if there are any other plugins installed that may be interfering.
        Last edited by michael_simul; 08-30-2019, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by michael_simul View Post

This issue can be fixed by Setting 'Cloud Threshold Distance' to a value greater than 1, 0.1 should do.

Unfortunately not right now since the fix is quite involved, we'll be getting round to solving it soon however it may be a github version only fix until we can get it on the main UE4 branch

Unfortunately we don't have a specific guide for optimisation right now, however the most common methods for reducing the performance impact are to reduce the 'Maximum Cloud Resolution', 'Max Cloud Distance' and 'Default Num Steps', Increase the 'Render Grid Km' and the Amortisation settings, however Amortisation can result in visual artefacts if you move too fast throught the scene.

As a side note, I've been looking into DX12 issues and have been unable to replicate the issues people have been finding in the latest truesky version, so if people can test that out and also say if there are any other plugins installed that may be interfering.
          Hello, I've been giving you feedback many times, but I still haven't got a reply or a few questions to solve.

1. Regarding TrueSky version 4.2, I did not use this version because I made a control blueprint for TrueSky. When I first used the blueprint to control TrueSky, everything was normal, but when I opened the second level, the whole project collapsed and the level could not be opened again. Until the latest version 4.2, the problem of the blueprint conflict leading to collapse remained unsolved.

2. Regarding DX12 or RayTrace, in Engine version 4.22, no matter it is 4.2 or 4.1.a, it can not run stably in DX12 mode. Maybe when you test with a simple scenario, TrueSky is stable and won't crash. But when the scenario is slightly more complex, it will prompt the graphics driver to crash and exit almost every short period of time, that is to say, TrueSky is almost unavailable in DX12 Engine version 4.22 or above, until the latest version of August 22, August 29, is still unresolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Rakes View Post

Hello, I've been giving you feedback many times, but I still haven't got a reply or a few questions to solve.

1. Regarding TrueSky version 4.2, I did not use this version because I made a control blueprint for TrueSky. When I first used the blueprint to control TrueSky, everything was normal, but when I opened the second level, the whole project collapsed and the level could not be opened again. Until the latest version 4.2, the problem of the blueprint conflict leading to collapse remained unsolved.

2. Regarding DX12 or RayTrace, in Engine version 4.22, no matter it is 4.2 or 4.1.a, it can not run stably in DX12 mode. Maybe when you test with a simple scenario, TrueSky is stable and won't crash. But when the scenario is slightly more complex, it will prompt the graphics driver to crash and exit almost every short period of time, that is to say, TrueSky is almost unavailable in DX12 Engine version 4.22 or above, until the latest version of August 22, August 29, is still unresolved.
            Good afternoon Leo,

Apologies that your issues have remained unanswered. I have logged these and one of the team to take a look at them as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you are not already connected with us via our slack community then please send us an email to contact@simul.co and we will send you an invite over straight away. Here you will find support from our team and from other developers.

Comment

https://join.slack.com/t/truesky/sha...WExNmMwMDc0Zjk

Hi all, you can use this link to join our Slack page. This will be the best place to get answers to any of your questions. We do our best to keep an eye on the forums, but having everyone in our Slack allows us to see and reply to issues much faster.

Cheers,

Comment

Wayne_simul I sent an email to contact@simul.co on August 26th, I need support, but I didn't get a reply.

Comment

Working...
                X