[FREE] Modular Road Tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeRPG View Post
    Do you think I could port this over to 4.15? Would it be possible? It would be perfect my game.
    Hey Mike,

I think its quite possible - everything Im doing on the BP side should work in 4.15
    [WIP] | Procedural City Generator
    [MARKETPLACE] Animal Behavior Kit | Space Shooter Template | Procedural Foliage Tool
    [FREE] Modular Road Tool | Action Platformer Template | Radar BP | Free Birds
    Join our Discord

Comment

Hi,
      I need help, when I put obstacle over the road, they are "inside" the road, where I can get the maximum Z of the road to add to the obstacle.

Comment

Originally posted by Helder Lourenço View Post
        Hi,
        I need help, when I put obstacle over the road, they are "inside" the road, where I can get the maximum Z of the road to add to the obstacle.
        Hi there,

I'm not sure why this is happening, but the collision of the road is treated as Complex. If you are manually placing the object over the road, you can move the pivot point of your object to the bottom (default is center). If you are doing it programmatically, you can do a trace and get the impact point and use this vector to spawn your object. That will give you the correct location in world space.

Hope this helps!
        [MARKETPLACE] Animal Behavior Kit | Space Shooter Template | Procedural Foliage Tool
        Join our Discord

Comment

Hey, great work on this tool! I was wondering what sort of limitations there are in terms of making some of the non-road extras into arrays instead of discrete options for sidewalk, rail, and 1 custom mesh. For instance, could I change it so that I have an array of meshes I want to be splines (the rails and sidewalks), another array of meshes that I want to spawn every few meters (the lights), and maybe another array of actors to spawn every few meters (such as traffic cones or road signs that have special behaviors when the player runs into them).

Comment

Great tool, many thanks and so quick to lay miles of roads now

One question I do have though is how to change the forward axis when using different meshes ? my custom meshes are all side by side, rather than longways.
            When using the spline tool I can change the forward axis which fixes it, with MRT I can't find that option.

Comment

when i migrate it to other existing project it shows many errors .
              attached image is of blueprint showing errors . please help me to fix it

Comment

Hey, thanks for this great tool. Super handy! I'm adapting it for 4.20 at the moment and if I disable the edit mode, my framerate drops from 120 to 50. also In-Game framerate drops as soon as I drive the road quite heavy. Any Idea about that? But anyways. Great work and super nice that you share it with the community for free!
                I had some other errors which are connected to accessing arrays. Was able to resolve this by adding "is valid" nodes and branches.

Comment

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delayed response - for some reason I didnt get notified until now about the posts

Originally posted by bobisdacool1 View Post
                  Hey, great work on this tool! I was wondering what sort of limitations there are in terms of making some of the non-road extras into arrays instead of discrete options for sidewalk, rail, and 1 custom mesh. For instance, could I change it so that I have an array of meshes I want to be splines (the rails and sidewalks), another array of meshes that I want to spawn every few meters (the lights), and maybe another array of actors to spawn every few meters (such as traffic cones or road signs that have special behaviors when the player runs into them).
                  RIght now you can choose any mesh to be the "sidewalk" but it only takes a static mesh. Take a look at the code and see if you can add arrays - would be a nice update to the tool
                  Originally posted by Richie. View Post
                  Great tool, many thanks and so quick to lay miles of roads now

One question I do have though is how to change the forward axis when using different meshes ? my custom meshes are all side by side, rather than longways.
                  When using the spline tool I can change the forward axis which fixes it, with MRT I can't find that option.
                  I didnt include an option to change axis, but I think you can change the spline forward axis manually. Open the tool and click on the spline component, then look at the options to change the forward direction!
                  Originally posted by DEVARSH mavani View Post
                  when i migrate it to other existing project it shows many errors .
                  attached image is of blueprint showing errors . please help me to fix it
                  Make sure you right-click on the MRT folder and select 'Migrate.' Then go to your new project and select the 'Content' folder. It should migrate without issues
                  Originally posted by jwtrp View Post
                  Hey, thanks for this great tool. Super handy! I'm adapting it for 4.20 at the moment and if I disable the edit mode, my framerate drops from 120 to 50. also In-Game framerate drops as soon as I drive the road quite heavy. Any Idea about that? But anyways. Great work and super nice that you share it with the community for free!
                  I had some other errors which are connected to accessing arrays. Was able to resolve this by adding "is valid" nodes and branches.
                  I've have several people message me about performance, so maybe I should make a quick video for everyone . Anyways, the reason why performance is bad is because the tool adds individual mesh segments to the road. So if your road has 50 segments, the tool actually has 50 meshes in the level.

This is bad for performance, so here are some tips to improve it:
                  • Keep your roads short - Instead of making a long road with a single road BP, make a short road and use the Blutility 'Spawn Actor' to automatically spawn another road BP at the end of your current road. This keeps each road tool manageable.
                  • Use the Edit Mode and Spline Only Modes when making longer roads and only deselect them when you are happy with the road placement. This will help with in-editor performance
                  • Finalize your roads - When you are happy with the road, finalize it by right clicking on the road inside your level and selecting 'Combine Actors.' Unreal will create a new single mesh for the entire road and replace it in your level. This will make a huge different if you have a big road network

Hope this helps!

Join our Discord

Comment

Hi CoquiGames, for a start, thank you for this perfecto tool !
                    For a second, I get SO many warnings when cooking. Some of them like this:

Code:
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 0 from array 'SplineMeshArray' of length 0 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogScript: Warning: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item23
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       BP_ModularRoadTool_C /Game/Maps/LevelDemo_Sunny.LevelDemo_Sunny:PersistentLevel.BP_ModularRoadTool_C_110803
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       Function /Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C:UserConstructionScript:010A
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogScript: Warning: Script call stack:
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       Function /Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C:UserConstructionScript
                    PackagingResults: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 0 from array 'SplineMeshArray' of length 0 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    PackagingResults: Warning: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item23
                    PackagingResults: Warning: Script call stack:
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 29 from array 'RoadSegments' of length 29 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    PackagingResults: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 29 from array 'RoadSegments' of length 29 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 0 from array 'SplineMeshArray' of length 0 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogScript: Warning: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item23
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       BP_ModularRoadTool_C /Game/Maps/LevelDemo_Sunny.LevelDemo_Sunny:PersistentLevel.BP_ModularRoadTool_C_119278
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       Function /Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C:UserConstructionScript:010A
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogScript: Warning: Script call stack:
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       Function /Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C:UserConstructionScript
                    PackagingResults: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 0 from array 'SplineMeshArray' of length 0 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    PackagingResults: Warning: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item23
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 5 from array 'RoadSegments' of length 5 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    PackagingResults: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 5 from array 'RoadSegments' of length 5 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       BP_ModularRoadTool_C /Game/Maps/LevelDemo_Sunny.LevelDemo_Sunny:PersistentLevel.BP_ModularRoadTool_C_135480
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 9 from array 'RoadSegments' of length 9 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    PackagingResults: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 9 from array 'RoadSegments' of length 9 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       BP_ModularRoadTool_C /Game/Maps/LevelDemo_Sunny.LevelDemo_Sunny:PersistentLevel.BP_ModularRoadTool_C_144194
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 14 from array 'RoadSegments' of length 14 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    PackagingResults: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 14 from array 'RoadSegments' of length 14 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       BP_ModularRoadTool_C /Game/Maps/LevelDemo_Sunny.LevelDemo_Sunny:PersistentLevel.BP_ModularRoadTool_C_144195

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 0 from array 'SplineMeshArray' of length 0 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogScript: Warning: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item23
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       BP_ModularRoadTool_C /Game/Maps/LevelDemo_Sunny.LevelDemo_Sunny:PersistentLevel.BP_ModularRoadTool_C_110803
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogScript: Warning: Script call stack:
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 29 from array 'RoadSegments' of length 29 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogScript: Warning: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item23
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       BP_ModularRoadTool_C /Game/Maps/LevelDemo_Sunny.LevelDemo_Sunny:PersistentLevel.BP_ModularRoadTool_C_119278
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 5 from array 'RoadSegments' of length 5 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       BP_ModularRoadTool_C /Game/Maps/LevelDemo_Sunny.LevelDemo_Sunny:PersistentLevel.BP_ModularRoadTool_C_135480
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 9 from array 'RoadSegments' of length 9 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       BP_ModularRoadTool_C /Game/Maps/LevelDemo_Sunny.LevelDemo_Sunny:PersistentLevel.BP_ModularRoadTool_C_144194
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 14 from array 'RoadSegments' of length 14 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       BP_ModularRoadTool_C /Game/Maps/LevelDemo_Sunny.LevelDemo_Sunny:PersistentLevel.BP_ModularRoadTool_C_144195
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 38 from array 'RoadSegments' of length 38 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       BP_ModularRoadTool_C /Game/Maps/LevelDemo_Sunny.LevelDemo_Sunny:PersistentLevel.BP_ModularRoadTool_C_24233
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 37 from array 'RoadSegments' of length 37 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       BP_ModularRoadTool_C /Game/Maps/LevelDemo_Sunny.LevelDemo_Sunny:PersistentLevel.BP_ModularRoadTool_C_33189
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 25 from array 'RoadSegments' of length 25 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       BP_ModularRoadTool_C /Game/Maps/LevelDemo_Sunny.LevelDemo_Sunny:PersistentLevel.BP_ModularRoadTool_C_39266
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 45 from array 'RoadSegments' of length 45 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       BP_ModularRoadTool_C /Game/Maps/LevelDemo_Sunny.LevelDemo_Sunny:PersistentLevel.BP_ModularRoadTool_C_55101
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       BP_ModularRoadTool_C /Game/Maps/LevelDemo_Sunny.LevelDemo_Sunny:PersistentLevel.BP_ModularRoadTool_C_65549
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 7 from array 'RoadSegments' of length 7 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       BP_ModularRoadTool_C /Game/Maps/LevelDemo_Sunny.LevelDemo_Sunny:PersistentLevel.BP_ModularRoadTool_C_69536
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 23 from array 'RoadSegments' of length 23 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       BP_ModularRoadTool_C /Game/Maps/LevelDemo_Sunny.LevelDemo_Sunny:PersistentLevel.BP_ModularRoadTool_C_70955
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 13 from array 'RoadSegments' of length 13 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       BP_ModularRoadTool_C /Game/Maps/LevelDemo_Sunny.LevelDemo_Sunny:PersistentLevel.BP_ModularRoadTool_C_77692
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):       BP_ModularRoadTool_C /Game/Maps/LevelDemo_Sunny.LevelDemo_Sunny:PersistentLevel.BP_ModularRoadTool_C_99822
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogScript: Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index 51 from array 'RoadSegments' of length 51 in '/Game/MRT/Blueprints/BP_ModularRoadTool.BP_ModularRoadTool_C'!
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display:
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: Success - 0 error(s), 120 warning(s)

These may cause errors instead of warnings later. That's why I would like to take vaccines to prevent being affected by viruses.

Thank you very much for this tool.
                    Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by OttomanEmpire View Post
                      Hi CoquiGames, for a start, thank you for this perfecto tool !
                      For a second, I get SO many warnings when cooking. Some of them like this:

These may cause errors instead of warnings later. That's why I would like to take vaccines to prevent being affected by viruses.

Thank you very much for this tool.
                      Best regards.
                      Hey OttomanEmpire , What engine version are you using?
                      Join our Discord

Comment

Originally posted by CoquiGames View Post

Hey OttomanEmpire , What engine version are you using?
                        Hey @CoquiGames
                        I was using 4.20.3
                        I just deleted it and just downloaded 4.21. I will test on 4.21 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by OttomanEmpire View Post

Hey @CoquiGames
                          I was using 4.20.3
                          I just deleted it and just downloaded 4.21. I will test on 4.21 as well.
                          Thanks! Let me know if you find the same issues in 4.21
                          Join our Discord

Comment

Hallo

Thank you for the road tool, it is very helpful.

I have one suggestion to improve it or maybe just an idea, the road tool does not come with parking, it is very useful for game making, but if you want to make a complete city you will face a problem with the parking.

Any idea for doing parking with this tool ?

Comment

Wow this is amazing! have you tried to move traffic along the splines? I'm thinking how to do it but don't have it figured out at the moment

Comment

Awesome tool from an awesome dev. It's nice to know that at least someone is looking out for us noobs. Do you know if anyone has tried to add a water texture to make a river? Thanks again for sharing this great tool, and for the tremendous support.

Comment

Working...
                                X