Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[TOOL] Code Module Generator

Hi guys

I have created a little command-line tool to automatically generate C++ code modules for game projects. I have always found the process of creating such modules a bit tedious and not very well documented.

I just wanted to share this little tool with everyone and see how much demand there is for it. If there is a high enough demand, I will consider making this tool into an editor plugin, so it's functionality would be available from within the editor directly, instead of through a manually installed command-line tool.

Credits also go to kantan's blog post, which is much more up-to-date and in-depth on how (and why!) to organize your code into multiple modules.

I am still working on improving things, as I simply hacked this tool together in about an hour or so, so feedback is appreciated!

I hope my tool can help you save some time and nerves

You can download a pre-compiled executable (for Windows), or you can build it yourself and take a look at the source code. Instructions on how to use the tool are also found in the repository's README.

Screenshot of an execution of the ModuleGenerator.exe
    I'd like to see this as a plugin on the marketplace
    84.62%
    The command line tool is sufficient
    15.38%
    Doesn't seem very useful to me
    0%
    Last edited by Elewyth; 06-08-2018, 02:45 AM.

Cool tool!

I'd like to see this as a plugin on the marketplace.

Comment

I bet if this was listed as a plugin you would do alright with it. I think a plugin would be a bit more refined than a simple command-line deal. Or if you want to avoid the problem of supporting a plugin you could always just make a gui version of this and toss it out there standalone which I prefer personally since plugins can be such a hassle some times.

Comment

Working...
      X