Launcher + Marketplace downloader for Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I spent a lot of time exploring the code for this launcher, and I believe I was able to fix the issues with login, authentication, and asset retrieval. Seeing how Erlandys has been unavailable to respond to the current issues, I forked his repository and updated it with my bug fixes.

You can find the updated version here: https://github.com/neutrino-steak/UE4LinuxLauncher

I will continue to maintain the launcher for the time being, unless Erlandys comes back and wants to resume working on his project. For now, you can direct any issues you're having to my fork's repository page.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm also having the "Error #1008" issue. I recently started reading through the code to see if I can find a fix. From my cursory dive into the project, seems like the way this program accesses the EpicAPI might need to be updated to authenticate properly. I'll let you guys know if I find a solution for this bug.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sabotage. View Post
    Hi guys, thanks for sharing this project. It worked fine till some days ago, now I am getting an java.lang.NullPointerException after clicking on the Two-Factor-Authorization OK button. the application freezes and that is sad =[
    Im too :c

I come back to use unreal in linux but this time the laucher doesnt work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi guys, thanks for sharing this project. It worked fine till some days ago, now I am getting an java.lang.NullPointerException after clicking on the Two-Factor-Authorization OK button. the application freezes and that is sad =[

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, Is there any news about this theme?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Authentication doesn't work though :-/ I didn't think _anyone_ developed _anything_ on windows (_for_ windows, yes, but not on that OS), then again I've been in business coding the last 20 years — never stepped out of Linux since 1997. So, I was quite surprised that you can't even download the assets in Linux! :-/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, I have a problem Marketplace downloader can't se my assets
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,
    I had stuff going with university, but it finally ended.
    I have fixed problems with authentication, when not using Two-Factor Authentication (problem with #1008 code).
    Also currently working on fix for 4.22 version, to work properly. Track github page, I will do more updates.

Sincerely,
    Erlandas

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First of all, I would like thank you for making this. It will be a huge help to a lot of UE4 users. Btw I just had an issue: my Launch UE4 button is disabled. It basically didn't even identify the version. Even tho I have it installed. Any idea why this happened? I tried changing the directory. To the folder where the Editor is and updated it. It didn't work. Can you please help me out? I will greatly appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by diogobaeder View Post

I remember having had that issue, but I think it gets away once you enable Two-Factor Authentication in your Epic account security page.
    Thank you for your suggestion! It probably depends on that, since I haven't yet activated 2-factor authentication.

EDIT: Yes! Enabled Two-Factor Authentication and now it works! Well I had to follow also the suggestion here (https://github.com/Erlandys/UE4LinuxLauncher/issues/11) to make it recognize Engine 4.22.

Last edited by joaulo; 05-02-2019, 03:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by joaulo View Post
    Hi! Just found this tool and it seems great, but I'm not able to login, I have "Error: #1008", what does it mean?
    I remember having had that issue, but I think it gets away once you enable Two-Factor Authentication in your Epic account security page.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi! Just found this tool and it seems great, but I'm not able to login, I have "Error: #1008", what does it mean?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great job! Works fine from source on Arch Linux (after activating 2-factor-authentication).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, it's weird.
    It showed "part of my asset downloaded" before.
    But not what I bought, which is kind of terrifying...
    Anyone experience this as well?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just tried this today. Lets me log in and see the marketplace, but it doesn't show me anything in Owned Assets.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X