Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Negentropies View Post
    Hi. Thank you for making this brilliant little thing. Do you have any potential dates in mind for the Mac version? I am aiming to incorporate this within an architecture course I will be teaching next month and most of the students seem to be using Macs. I would appreciate your reply, so I can make some plans.

-Asad.
    Hi there and thank you for the feedback!

The version bundled with 4.25 should be compatible with Mac and Linux - please give it a try and let me know if it's not

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi. Thank you for making this brilliant little thing. Do you have any potential dates in mind for the Mac version? I am aiming to incorporate this within an architecture course I will be teaching next month and most of the students seem to be using Macs. I would appreciate your reply, so I can make some plans.

-Asad.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by david.gillespie View Post

iOS support soon?
    Haha, mobiles are not on the immediate roadmap

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by phoboz View Post

Hi there, and thanks for the feedback!

Support for Linux and Mac should be coming with the next version - along with the 4.25 release
    iOS support soon?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by stojke-y View Post
    Hi,

This is such a great work!

I am very interested in running this plugin running on Linux. Can you provide any time estimate of when it is going to be available for the Linux platform?

Also, if it is a minor change to make it work on Linux, I can modify the code myself, just give me some pointers

Furthermore, if any older version of the plugin is working with Linux, please point me to that version.
    Hi there, and thanks for the feedback!

Support for Linux and Mac should be coming with the next version - along with the 4.25 release

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

This is such a great work!

I am very interested in running this plugin running on Linux. Can you provide any time estimate of when it is going to be available for the Linux platform?

Also, if it is a minor change to make it work on Linux, I can modify the code myself, just give me some pointers

Furthermore, if any older version of the plugin is working with Linux, please point me to that version.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Hi there.

Unfortunately, I have limited expertise when it comes to using sequencer This question would probably be more suited for one of these forums: https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...ion/cinematics

Alternatively, have a look at this link: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...art/index.html
    Thanks for the advice.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JJTook View Post
    Hello phoboz

I have attached point clouds and trying to create a fly through video of it.

I managed to establish a camera path. But when it comes to 'Render this movie to a video, or image frame sequence', it produced a video with 30s duration but only 1 frame.

Any suggestions?
    Hi there.

Unfortunately, I have limited expertise when it comes to using sequencer This question would probably be more suited for one of these forums: https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...ion/cinematics

Alternatively, have a look at this link: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...art/index.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello phoboz

I have attached point clouds and trying to create a fly through video of it.

I managed to establish a camera path. But when it comes to 'Render this movie to a video, or image frame sequence', it produced a video with 30s duration but only 1 frame.

Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys, sorry for the delayed response - holidays

softyoda
    Could you tell me, which version you are using? There was a bug related to shadow casting, which could result in crashes, but has been fixed a while ago.

pp_rfrost
    Mobile devices are not on the immediate roadmap This is mostly driven by the very limited processing power available, and the relatively high requirements to display point clouds.

JaredM84
    Could you send me a section of the cloud for testing?

Isjtar
    There have been significant changes done to how LOD system works in the next version - hopefully, this will solve your issues

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

The plug-in is really nice, glad to see it support4ed by Epic!

I've been trying it in VR and unfortunately the points flicker a lot. I suppose this is because of the optimisation system. In editor this problem isn't as visible, I assume because the camera is less mobile, in VR it always moves a bit, which seems to cause points being culled and displayed differently every frame.
    Is there any way to get around this, short of reducing my pointclouds to below the point budget?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [EDIT]
    Looks like I've managed to answer my own question....
    The very last file format that I hadn't tried up until now was .LAS, and low and behold, LAS file format is the only one that correctly holds the RGB info.

So to answer my own question - use .LAS format for colour!

Hi.

Newbie here when it comes to UE4. but an extensive user of lidar data for surveying purposes.

Been playing around with this with great excitement at what it can already help me accomplish, and excited about future feature to potentially come,

Having said that, I am running into an annoying situation with colour.

When I set my cloud colour source to "data" it is not showing the true colour, only a grey cloud.
    The colour source options for "Elevation" and "Position" show colour, but just not data source.

I have exported my scan out into many different readable formats (pts,xyz,las,txt, etc) yet can not get colour to come through.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by JaredM84; 02-17-2020, 06:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi there. Is there any way to transform a series of points rather than simply translating them at all with the move points tool?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Hi there!
    First, my apologies for not replying sooner, but the notifications do not always come through.
    The plugin is currently only compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux platforms. As I understand it, Quest is powered by a mobile chip so, unfortunately, it will not be supported just yet.

Thanks for the feedback.

Not quite sure what's going on there - a few questions:
    - Did you notice it on just this one cloud?
    - Any pattern to the locations where it happens?
    - Can you replicate the same issue in a fresh project as well?
    - Is it just spotlight? Or do point lights and directional lights produce the same result?

If possible, could you zip the project and send it to me for testing? Only the bare minimum of files, which still results in the said issue
    Ah, just seen this, not to worry.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Having an issue with building the a generic scene on Android in 4.24.2 as soon as the plugin is enabled—would this be a bug or is Android not supported?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X