Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by localstarlight View Post
    Amazing, thanks!

Now that you've added the ability to rotate the sprites, there's a relatively easy way to offset the HMD roll, though I don't think there's a way to do it entirely within the material since you can't seem to access camera rotation in a material. On my Pawn I'm just taking the camera roll and remapping from -180 -> 180 to -PI -> PI and then setting that in a Material Parameter Collection. Then using that value as the Z component of the Rotation on the SpriteTransform node. Works perfectly, thanks!
    Of course, I forgot about MPC
    Point Cloud Plugin: Project Website | Forum Thread | Roadmap

If you need help: join me on Discord
    Please support me on Patreon if you enjoy my content

Comment

I've just discovered an issue - something in this plugin seems to conflict with tessellation. After adding the plugin to a project, you can no longer create materials with tessellation.

Here's some repro steps (this is on the 4.18 version, don't know if it's different for 4.19):

1. Create a new project
      2. Create a new material
      3. Set Tessellation Mode to 'PN Triangles'
      4. Compile material - compiles fine.
      5. Shut down project and add plugin to the project folder
      6. Open up the material again and try to recompile it, and you'll get this error:

[SM5] /Engine/Private/HitProxyVertexShader.usf(27,3-34): error X3000: unrecognized identifier 'FVertexFactoryInterpolantsVSToDS'

I searched for this error and it seems people get it when trying to use tessellation with particles, but this error is occurring in a totally blank project with a material not anything to do with particles.

Any thoughts why this is happening?

Comment

I've just discovered an issue - something in this plugin seems to conflict with tessellation. After adding the plugin to a project, you can no longer create materials with tessellation.

Here's some repro steps (this is on the 4.18 version, don't know if it's different for 4.19):

1. Create a new project
        2. Create a new material
        3. Set Tessellation Mode to 'PN Triangles'
        4. Compile material - compiles fine.
        5. Shut down project and add plugin to the project folder
        6. Open up the material again and try to recompile it, and you'll get this error:

[SM5] /Engine/Private/HitProxyVertexShader.usf(27,3-34): error X3000: unrecognized identifier 'FVertexFactoryInterpolantsVSToDS'

I searched for this error and it seems people get it when trying to use tessellation with particles, but this error is occurring in a totally blank project with a material not anything to do with particles.

Any thoughts why this is happening?
        Thanks, added to the list.

Looks like the material compiler is after a struct (my guess is, function as well) in the shader code that's not there. I believe it should be a reasonably quick fix, and if so I'll release the shader file update like before.

Comment

phoboz thanks for the help, I've never written a line of c++ code in my life, so I'll probably try a work around for now, but I'll stay posted in case you add static mesh conversion or access to the point transforms through blueprint. Cheers.

Comment

Hi phoboz , do you have any idea why toggling "visible" and "hidden in game" does not seem to have any effect on the point cloud mesh?

Comment

Is there any way to enable collision on Point clouds?

Using Sprite Disp Click image for larger version

Name:	pcl.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	335.8 KB
ID:	1478731 lay mode if that makes a difference.

Last edited by LukeWUK; 05-21-2018, 12:36 PM. Reason: Added a picture so the author can see 60FPS pointcloud rendering looking snazzy :)

Comment

Originally posted by xN31 View Post
                Hi phoboz , do you have any idea why toggling "visible" and "hidden in game" does not seem to have any effect on the point cloud mesh?
                Strange. It should work. Added to the list and will investigate thanks
                ​​​​​​​
                Originally posted by LukeWUK View Post
                Is there any way to enable collision on Point clouds?

Using Sprite Display mode if that makes a difference.
                Not yet, but I will be looking into that soon.

Comment

Originally posted by xN31 View Post
                  I have just checked and both seem to work just fine in 4.18 and 4.19. For SetVisibility / ToggleVisibility you have to select to propagate to children.

Could you confirm that it's reproducible in an empty project? If so, please post reproduction steps.

Comment

Hi phoboz, is there a way to still import CSV as data table? It always wants to import a point cloud. If I disable the plugin then restart unreal to import the CSV will it break the point clouds I currently have?

Comment

Originally posted by phoboz View Post

I have just checked and both seem to work just fine in 4.18 and 4.19. For SetVisibility / ToggleVisibility you have to select to propagate to children.

Could you confirm that it's reproducible in an empty project? If so, please post reproduction steps.
                      May you try to set Visibility or HiddenInGame on the client side? Also for us, it works correctly on server/single player, but it does not work on clients. Obviously we also set PropagateToChildren to true.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Kimberley View Post
                        Hi phoboz, is there a way to still import CSV as data table? It always wants to import a point cloud. If I disable the plugin then restart unreal to import the CSV will it break the point clouds I currently have?
                        Yes - instead of drag and drop, click Import inside the Content Browser, then you can specify how to treat the file by selecting correct option from the dropdown.
                        For example, selecting Point Cloud (*.csv) will result in importing the CSV as Point Cloud, but selecting Comma-separated values (*.csv) should import it as a Data Table.

With that in mind, I think I will remove the CSV as Point Cloud to avoid ambiguity (as you can always easily rename the PC to *.txt).

As for disabling the plugin - any blueprint using PC functionality will no longer compile, the PC will be removed from the scene and you won't be able to edit it anymore (obviously), but as long as you don't re-save anything, it will be back to normal as soon as you re-enable the plugin.

Originally posted by masmil1988 View Post
                        May you try to set Visibility or HiddenInGame on the client side? Also for us, it works correctly on server/single player, but it does not work on clients. Obviously we also set PropagateToChildren to true.
                        I haven't tested multiplier before, surprised it even works!

Both, HiddenInGame and xxxVisibility seem to work fine on clients. Here's the screenshot of my test setup:

Click image for larger version  Name:	pc.jpg Views:	1 Size:	54.5 KB ID:	1479030
                        Last edited by phoboz; 05-22-2018, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Version release: 0.3.3

- Fixed material compiler errors related to tessellation
                          - Fixed editor crashing when running multiplayer with dedicated server
                          - Exposed Blueprint access to point data (position and color)
                          - Removed *.CSV as recognized point cloud extension to avoid ambiguity with DataTables

Comment

Originally posted by phoboz View Post
                            I haven't tested multiplier before, surprised it even works!

Both, HiddenInGame and xxxVisibility seem to work fine on clients. Here's the screenshot of my test setup:

Click image for larger version

Name:	pc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1479030
                            Sorry phoboz, the problem was a variable not correctly replicated which was causing a strange behavior. I confirm your plugin works correcly however, thanks for your time!

Comment

Hey Phoboz, just downloaded the latest version and tried to build it with my (C++) project, and it throws these compiler errors:

Code:
                              2>D:\Project\Plugins\PointCloudPlugin\Source\PointCloudRuntime\Private\PointCloudHelper.cpp(864): error C2664: 'T *FindObject<UEnum>(UObject *,const TCHAR *,bool)': cannot convert argument 1 from 'UPackage *' to 'UObject *'
                              2>        with
                              2>        [
                              2>            T=UEnum
                              2>        ]
                              2>D:\Project\Plugins\PointCloudPlugin\Source\PointCloudRuntime\Private\PointCloudHelper.cpp(864): note: Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
                              2>D:\Project\Plugins\PointCloudPlugin\Source\PointCloudRuntime\Private\PointCloudHelper.cpp(892): error C2664: 'bool IsValid(const UObject *)': cannot convert argument 1 from 'UMaterialInstance *' to 'const UObject *'
                              2>D:\Project\Plugins\PointCloudPlugin\Source\PointCloudRuntime\Private\PointCloudHelper.cpp(892): note: Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
                              2>D:\Project\Plugins\PointCloudPlugin\Source\PointCloudRuntime\Private\PointCloudHelper.cpp(894): error C2027: use of undefined type 'UMaterialInstance'
                              2>E:\UE4\EngineVersions\UE_4.18\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Public\MaterialShared.h(37): note: see declaration of 'UMaterialInstance'
                              2>D:\Project\Plugins\PointCloudPlugin\Source\PointCloudRuntime\Private\PointCloudHelper.cpp(894): error C2227: left of '->Parent' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
                              Any idea what's going on here?

Comment

Hey Phoboz, just downloaded the latest version and tried to build it with my (C++) project, and it throws these compiler errors:

Code:
                                2>D:\Project\Plugins\PointCloudPlugin\Source\PointCloudRuntime\Private\PointCloudHelper.cpp(864): error C2664: 'T *FindObject<UEnum>(UObject *,const TCHAR *,bool)': cannot convert argument 1 from 'UPackage *' to 'UObject *'
                                2> with
                                2> [
                                2> T=UEnum
                                2> ]
                                2>D:\Project\Plugins\PointCloudPlugin\Source\PointCloudRuntime\Private\PointCloudHelper.cpp(864): note: Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
                                2>D:\Project\Plugins\PointCloudPlugin\Source\PointCloudRuntime\Private\PointCloudHelper.cpp(892): error C2664: 'bool IsValid(const UObject *)': cannot convert argument 1 from 'UMaterialInstance *' to 'const UObject *'
                                2>D:\Project\Plugins\PointCloudPlugin\Source\PointCloudRuntime\Private\PointCloudHelper.cpp(892): note: Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
                                2>D:\Project\Plugins\PointCloudPlugin\Source\PointCloudRuntime\Private\PointCloudHelper.cpp(894): error C2027: use of undefined type 'UMaterialInstance'
                                2>E:\UE4\EngineVersions\UE_4.18\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Public\MaterialShared.h(37): note: see declaration of 'UMaterialInstance'
                                2>D:\Project\Plugins\PointCloudPlugin\Source\PointCloudRuntime\Private\PointCloudHelper.cpp(894): error C2227: left of '->Parent' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
                                Any idea what's going on here?
                                4.18 and 0.3.3?

Comment

Working...
                                X