• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

phoboz

Same errors

Comment

phoboz
      ​​​​​​​i also compiled the engine and then dragged and dropped the point cloud plugin into the engine folder.
      the result of that leads to me:
      1. enabling the plugin within the editor.
      2. restart
      3. same errors again

Comment

phoboz Hey dude, I've found that point clouds that have been saved out of CloudCompare as ASC (txt, xyz, csv) etc. cause the importer to freeze on zero percent and never import the point cloud, causing me to end task unreal engine. is there a particular way they file needs to be structured, I'm able to import the same cloud into meshlab as .txt with XYZRGB and SPACE separator. Have you imported any Las/Laz files that have been saved out of CloudCompare as .txt?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosium View Post
          phoboz
          i also compiled the engine and then dragged and dropped the point cloud plugin into the engine folder.
          the result of that leads to me:
          1. enabling the plugin within the editor.
          2. restart
          3. same errors again
          Please re-read what I wrote earlier - installing the plugin at editor level has not been tested. The plugin is meant as project plugin and as such it should be placed inside [project_name]\Plugins directory.
          Point Cloud Plugin: Project Website | Forum Thread

If you need help: join me on Discord

Comment

Originally posted by J.Kimberley View Post
            phoboz Hey dude, I've found that point clouds that have been saved out of CloudCompare as ASC (txt, xyz, csv) etc. cause the importer to freeze on zero percent and never import the point cloud, causing me to end task unreal engine. is there a particular way they file needs to be structured, I'm able to import the same cloud into meshlab as .txt with XYZRGB and SPACE separator. Have you imported any Las/Laz files that have been saved out of CloudCompare as .txt?
            Can you provide first several lines of the file?
            The importer should be able to handle comma, space and tab separated column-based text files, including those containing column names at the beginning.

I believe we did try CloudCompare exports, but not 100% sure.

Comment

Originally posted by phoboz View Post

Please re-read what I wrote earlier - installing the plugin at editor level has not been tested. The plugin is meant as project plugin and as such it should be placed inside [project_name]\Plugins directory.

I understand that portion it's not meant for engine, the plugin is supposed to be install within the project folder

I tried that. I still get the error that the Point Cloud Runtime Module is not seen.

I create the project,
              View the project in the explorer
              Create the plugin folder
              Drag and drop the Point Cloud plugin into the Plugins Folder that has been created.
              Reopen the project

And I get the same error.

If the plugin is enabled, it will not let me reopen the project
              Last edited by Rosium; 05-01-2018, 07:44 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

I understand that portion it's not meant for engine, the plugin is supposed to be install within the project folder

I tried that. I still get the error that the Point Cloud Runtime Module is not seen.

I create the project,
                View the project in the explorer
                Create the plugin folder
                Drag and drop the Point Cloud plugin into the Plugins Folder that has been created.
                Reopen the project

And I get the same error.

If the plugin is enabled, it will not let me reopen the project
                I see. Could you zip the project and send it to me, so I can investigate further?

Comment

I see. Could you zip the project and send it to me, so I can investigate further?
                  Sure Give me a few minutes, Do I just drag and drop the file here?

Comment

Sure Give me a few minutes, Do I just drag and drop the file here?
                    I'm not sure what's the attachment size limit on the forum. You might need to use some file sharing service. Do you have Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive or something like that?

Comment

I'm not sure what's the attachment size limit on the forum. You might need to use some file sharing service. Do you have Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive or something like that?
                      google and onedrive which do you prefer?

Comment

google and onedrive which do you prefer?
                        Either one

Comment

Either one
                          https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...KK?usp=sharing

Comment

Rosium

Both projects load just fine on my side, so I'm guessing it would be something to do with the fact that you use engine from source.

I'm going to make an educated guess here - if you made any changes to the engine code, the compiled libraries included with the plugin might not be compatible with the source-based engine, hence it complains about lack of plugin module.

Try this:
                            1. Create source-based project (or add a c++ class to an existing, content-only one)
                            2. Close the editor and visual studio (if open)
                            3. Copy the plugin to the project
                            4. Re-generate the project files (right-click on the .uproject file)
                            5. Re-compile project with the plugin
                            6. Start the project again

If this doesn't work, it'll have to wait until I find some more time to investigate compatibility with source-based engine versions.

Comment

Rosium

Both projects load just fine on my side, so I'm guessing it would be something to do with the fact that you use engine from source.

I'm going to make an educated guess here - if you made any changes to the engine code, the compiled libraries included with the plugin might not be compatible with the source-based engine, hence it complains about lack of plugin module.

Try this:
                              1. Create source-based project (or add a c++ class to an existing, content-only one)
                              2. Close the editor and visual studio (if open)
                              3. Copy the plugin to the project
                              4. Re-generate the project files (right-click on the .uproject file)
                              5. Re-compile project with the plugin
                              6. Start the project again

If this doesn't work, it'll have to wait until I find some more time to investigate compatibility with source-based engine versions.
                              I will try this now

Comment

phoboz

YES!!!!!! It Worked!!!!!!!!
                                I will on making this into a template for my engine So i do not worry about this again!! If it does not work, .......Ill let you know.
                                THANK YOU
                                THANK YOU
                                THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X