X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oppne View Post
    Getting this error when trying to build plugin in a project
    Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error Plugin 'PointCloudPlugin' (referenced via default plugins) does not contain the 'PointCloud' module, but lists it in 'Y:\20180415_PointCloud\UE4\PointCloud\Plugins\PointCloudPlugin\PointCloudPlugin.uplugin'. PointCloud Y:\20180415_PointCloud\UE4\PointCloud\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\EXEC 1
    Which plugin version?
    Which engine version?

Please confirm that the plugin contains folder "Source"

You may need to regenerate project files if you added the plugin to the existing project. To do this, right click the project file and select regenerate project files (or similar)

The plugin contains module called PointCloud, using the same name for the project may cause ambiguity issues. Please check whether the same happens if you rename the project. In case the naming is the cause of the issue I will change it for the next version.
    Point Cloud Plugin: Project Website | Forum Thread | Roadmap

If you need help: join me on Discord
    Please support me on Patreon if you enjoy my content

Comment

Originally posted by phoboz View Post
      LOD0 should be the original data. What is the cloud's VRAM size (you can find it on the info panel of the cloud)?

It may crash if you exceed the VRAM of your GPU.

​​
      We are using an 8gb 1080. I'll check and edit with this morning's results.

By the way, do you have any plans to make your plugin runtime compatible ? Being able to import point clouds at runtime would be pretty awesome, you'll just have to make a few presets before compiling, a VR/2D viewer UI and code and bam !

EDIT : yeah this could be definetly tied to VRAM, I'm using 5gigs with LOD1 already... Time to get a bigger GPU I guess
      Last edited by LegendreVR; 04-16-2018, 04:59 AM.
      Antoine Guillo, FR
      Virtual Reality Designer
      https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

Which plugin version?
        Which engine version?

Please confirm that the plugin contains folder "Source"

You may need to regenerate project files if you added the plugin to the existing project. To do this, right click the project file and select regenerate project files (or similar)

The plugin contains module called PointCloud, using the same name for the project may cause ambiguity issues. Please check whether the same happens if you rename the project. In case the naming is the cause of the issue I will change it for the next version.
        haha, thanks man. Looks like naming the project the same as the plugin was a problem!
        I can see some other problems that i wont be able to address right now before its tested!

Comment

Is there anyway to output these datas from an existing environment?

Comment

Originally posted by LegendreVR View Post
            By the way, do you have any plans to make your plugin runtime compatible ?
            Should already be runtime and blueprint compatible, although not tested this in 0.2

Time to get a bigger GPU I guess
            I'm working on section streaming and full instancing for sprites - those should mitigate the issue for most clouds.

For now you could try low precision if the bounds aren't too large (otherwise you'll get the striping effect) or using small values for point density reduction to achieve finer control of total count (tho be prepared to stare at the progress bar for a while with such large clouds )

haha, thanks man. Looks like naming the project the same as the plugin was a problem!
            I'll rename the module to avoid this problem in the future.

I can see some other problems that i wont be able to address right now before its tested!
            Do let me know what other issues you encountered so I can try to fix them

Is there anyway to output these datas from an existing environment?
            What do you mean?

Comment

Huh, I have absolutely no clue on how to use the plugin it with bp at runtime though, I see a bunch of classes in the C++ folder but you can't do much with them (can't even add a PointCloud component to an empty actor, you have to create a new actor of type PC for it to work).
              Antoine Guillo, FR
              Virtual Reality Designer

Comment

Huh, I have absolutely no clue on how to use the plugin it with bp at runtime though, I see a bunch of classes in the C++ folder but you can't do much with them (can't even add a PointCloud component to an empty actor, you have to create a new actor of type PC for it to work).
                There should be a set of static blueprint functions. Right click on an empty space and browse Point Cloud category.

Right now the plugin generates components procedurally from the Point Cloud Actor, I'm planning to change it to only use a single component per cloud and expose it for BP creation.

Comment

There should be a set of static blueprint functions. Right click on an empty space and browse Point Cloud category.

Right now the plugin generates components procedurally from the Point Cloud Actor, I'm planning to change it to only use a single component per cloud and expose it for BP creation.
                  Alright got them. How would you go about importing point clouds from an external source on your build though ? There's quite a bunch of plugins like Rama's for txt, csv, etc... Would this be enough to import an asset ? How would you go at converting it into a PC asset ? I've got absolutely no clue when it comes to C++ code so getting my own importer coded is kinda ruled out...
                  Antoine Guillo, FR
                  Virtual Reality Designer

Comment

Alright got them. How would you go about importing point clouds from an external source on your build though ? There's quite a bunch of plugins like Rama's for txt, csv, etc... Would this be enough to import an asset ? How would you go at converting it into a PC asset ? I've got absolutely no clue when it comes to C++ code so getting my own importer coded is kinda ruled out...
                    Haha, no worries, I'm back home tonight, so will try to put some step by step together

Comment

Haha, no worries, I'm back home tonight, so will try to put some step by step together
                      Sweet thanks a lot for doing all this for us
                      Antoine Guillo, FR
                      Virtual Reality Designer

Comment

What i mean is is there anyway for us to generate point cloud information out from an existing environment inside ue4? like output point cloud data from the datakite? We are currently using this for drone simulators and want to output point cloud data.

Comment

What i mean is is there anyway for us to generate point cloud information out from an existing environment inside ue4? like output point cloud data from the datakite? We are currently using this for drone simulators and want to output point cloud data.
                          If you mean converting UE4 scene into a point cloud data, then I'm afraid it's not in the scope of the plugin nor there are plans to implement something like this.

From the top of my head, I'd probably use some form of loop with line tracing to capture locations, then got mesh's UV and material from collision point, render that material to texture and finally get pixel color of that texture at the location corresponding to the UV I got earlier.

Comment

I'm getting a crash at startup, am I doing this right?

1. Create new UE4 4.18.3 project.
                            2. Add empty C++ class generate .sln file
                            3. Add folder Plugins with the 4.18 plugin to the project folder
                            4. Open .sln file and build solution (no errors)
                            5. Start project
                            Crash while loading

Edit:
                            Fixed by renaming UE4 project to something other than PointCloudProject!

Does anyone have a good place to download sample point cloud models to experiment with?
                            Last edited by Sleeper.; 04-17-2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper. View Post
                              I'm getting a crash at startup, am I doing this right?

1. Create new UE4 4.18.3 project.
                              2. Add empty C++ class generate .sln file
                              3. Add folder Plugins with the 4.18 plugin to the project folder
                              4. Open .sln file and build solution (no errors)
                              5. Start project
                              Crash while loading

Edit:
                              Fixed by renaming UE4 project to something other than PointCloudProject!

Does anyone have a good place to download sample point cloud models to experiment with?
                              That's interesting, that name shouldn't collide with anything. Any chance you could send me the log file?

Comment

Version 0.3 should now be live!

Warning: Existing clouds will most likely require reimporting, due to file structure changes.

- Plugin module has been renamed, so it shouldn't interfere with project names anymore
                                - Plugin should now be fully compatible with Unreal Studio content-only projects
                                - Fixed an issue with auto LOD processing crashing when set to 0 in some situations
                                - Clouds should no longer be flipped when imported
                                - Loading and manipulating clouds has now been better exposed to Blueprints
                                - Noise Reduction has been implemented
                                - Fixed issue with color values not being imported properly in some cases
                                - Non-data lines in the file header should no longer corrupt importing

Comment

Working...
                                X