X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by S.Pontadit View Post
    Hi phoboz,

First, I want to thank you, your plugin is awesome!

I actually run an issue when I try to launch my packaged application. I've got a Serialization Error pop-up with Corrupt data found error (screen1) and after that a more detailed error with an assertion failed (screen 2).

I use the latest version (0.5) of your plugin with UE 4.21 Preview 4 on an Unreal Studio Template project.

I don't know if you aware about this error or if the error comes from me, but I wanted to let you know about that.

Have a good day !
    Thanks!

Are you using a binary version of the plugin or compiling it from code?
    The binaries were built for Preview 3 - this could potentially be the cause of your issue - will investigate!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi phoboz,

First, I want to thank you, your plugin is awesome!

I actually run an issue when I try to launch my packaged application. I've got a Serialization Error pop-up with Corrupt data found error (screen1) and after that a more detailed error with an assertion failed (screen 2).

I use the latest version (0.5) of your plugin with UE 4.21 Preview 4 on an Unreal Studio Template project.

I don't know if you aware about this error or if the error comes from me, but I wanted to let you know about that.

Have a good day !
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rosium View Post
    Hello Phoboz,

I shall check your road map but do you have any future ideas of adding the ability to go mobile?

I tried building but, I received errors within you runtime scripts.
    Hi Rosium !

To be honest, I wasn't planning on supporting mobile as a platform, at least not in the near future. Current usage statistics show interest in mobile to be under 3%, and since this is an after-hours project, I would like to divert the resources to more urgent issues.

With that said, once the streaming functionality is fully implemented and stable I might see if mobile build is within reach without large changes.

Out of curiosity, what kind of project would you envision for mobile? What sort of cloud size and density?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello Phoboz,

I shall check your road map but do you have any future ideas of adding the ability to go mobile?

I tried building but, I received errors within you runtime scripts.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by phoboz View Post
    Good news - I fixed the crashes related to scaling issues and few others.

Bad news - when trying to build plugin binaries my 4.21 installation gets corrupted for some reason - for the time being you would need to use the git version (code-based projects)
    With the release of 4.21-preview3, Epic fixed the bug stopping the plugin from packaging
    Binaries for v0.5 (4.20 and 4.21) have now be updated - I advise you to download the newer version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good news - I fixed the crashes related to scaling issues and few others.

Bad news - when trying to build plugin binaries my 4.21 installation gets corrupted for some reason - for the time being you would need to use the git version (code-based projects)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CG_Creator View Post
    Hi everyone, just want to contribute to this thread and great plugin. Very early stage for me trying it so far, I still need to read this 15 pages to start with.
    But just want to point out what happened for me so far and I m sure I ll find answers about it in this thread, when dragging the point cloud in my scene it crashes unless I save it first and restart my project, also when I re-open my project sometimes the PC is not displayed.
    Anyway no big deal so far, I just want to test a few things first to be sure I could integrate it in a project I am working on at the moment.
    So I m using a pretty bad PC for now to test if it would work with some bleuprint options, and if it will package well etc...
    Hi there!

Sorry, I missed your post!

To help diagnose the issue, please answer some questions:
    - Which version of the Engine and Plugin are you using?
    - How large is the cloud (number of points and rough physical area coverage)?
    - How much RAM do you have in the machine?
    - What GPU are you running?

Also, if possible, could you send me the log file after crash (via PM or Discord if you prefer)?

The blueprint exposure has been in rework for the v0.5, and should offer better overall experience.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CG_Creator View Post
    Hi everyone, just want to contribute to this thread and great plugin. Very early stage for me trying it so far, I still need to read this 15 pages to start with.
    But just want to point out what happened for me so far and I m sure I ll find answers about it in this thread, when dragging the point cloud in my scene it crashes unless I save it first and restart my project, also when I re-open my project sometimes the PC is not displayed.
    Anyway no big deal so far, I just want to test a few things first to be sure I could integrate it in a project I am working on at the moment.
    So I m using a pretty bad PC for now to test if it would work with some bleuprint options, and if it will package well etc...
    From the looks of your photo, that's a very large point cloud. I don't know for sure but that might be your issue here. What type of GPU are you running on your machine?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jocko Jonson View Post
    Skimmed through thread and didn't see this issue mentioned - if a point cloud is loaded in the level then Volumetric Fog shaders don't work. The fog just looks like billboards with default material.

Has anyone run into something like this?
    Hi Jocko Jonson and thanks for the feedback.

To be honest I haven't tested point clouds with Volumetric Fog, will investigate.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Skimmed through thread and didn't see this issue mentioned - if a point cloud is loaded in the level then Volumetric Fog shaders don't work. The fog just looks like billboards with default material.

Has anyone run into something like this?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by parkThebus View Post
    If I triangluate some of these outside UE, what is the best format to import?
    You would load it as a regular Static Mesh, so FBX or OBJ.
    More information on how to do it:
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...owTo/Importing
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...X/StaticMeshes

btw, stumbled with a few xyz files but later noticed they had headers. do you plan to allow for headers? or did I miss that option?
    Depends on the header, very basic column descriptions are already supported, but more than that and the importer will stumble. If you could send me a sample file containing the header and few lines of points I can add it to the supported list

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by phoboz View Post
    It would be ideal if you had access to RGB or at least Intensity data to go with that cloud. Would make it easy to identify different elements then.

​​​​​You can modify the master material (found in Plugin content) to adjust the color range or, ​​​​​if you just want to modify it for a single cloud, create a copy of the master material, tweak the colors to your liking in the copied version and then assign the modified one as custom material to the point cloud in question (expand the Rendering section of the settings).

Thanks for the suggestion, ​​​​​I will try to add the ability to allow modifying the color range directly through settings to simplify the process
    Thanks for the pointers, I have intensity and some rough classifications so I wrote an awk script to set RGB according to classification number, so buildings are Orange, trees were supposed to be green and the ground brown, but I guess I switched those . I need to so some better classification but I would really want want the ground on the buildings to be solid enough to walk/drive on.
    If I triangluate some of these outside UE, what is the best format to import?

btw, stumbled with a few xyz files but later noticed they had headers. do you plan to allow for headers? or did I miss that option?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Brand new to Unreal Engine apart from playing some of the games. When I saw this plugin, I thought it would be ideal way to navigate around some LIDAR data of interest.
    Everything works fine, the landscape xyz imports great and went for a walk around amongst the points, looks pretty cool, but not easy to make out what is what.
    Is there an easy was to "solidify" the points? Ideally I would like to use different classifications of the point cloud (eg ground, buildings, vegetation, etc) as separate imports, but am I missing something, will I be able to create actual surfaces to apply textures to?

Oh,and is it possible to change the color range applied to the height?
    Hi there!

I'm glad you enjoy the plugin.

​​​​​​Converting the points into surfaces (triangulation) is not available yet, but it is on my future Todo list.​

It would be ideal if you had access to RGB or at least Intensity data to go with that cloud. Would make it easy to identify different elements then.

​​​​​You can modify the master material (found in Plugin content) to adjust the color range or, ​​​​​if you just want to modify it for a single cloud, create a copy of the master material, tweak the colors to your liking in the copied version and then assign the modified one as custom material to the point cloud in question (expand the Rendering section of the settings).

Thanks for the suggestion, ​​​​​I will try to add the ability to allow modifying the color range directly through settings to simplify the process

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Brand new to Unreal Engine apart from playing some of the games. When I saw this plugin, I thought it would be ideal way to navigate around some LIDAR data of interest.
    Everything works fine, the landscape xyz imports great and went for a walk around amongst the points, looks pretty cool, but not easy to make out what is what.
    Is there an easy was to "solidify" the points? Ideally I would like to use different classifications of the point cloud (eg ground, buildings, vegetation, etc) as separate imports, but am I missing something, will I be able to create actual surfaces to apply textures to?

Oh,and is it possible to change the color range applied to the height?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X