X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by PrismaSlice View Post
    Hi phoboz,
    I just wanted to let you know your plugin is a lifesaver and give you a little bug report! I'm currently working on a small art project taking lidar data through Houdini for heavy modification and into Unreal for final manipulation and render. I am finding the custom material override is being ignored. I'm on 4.21 with the 0.5b version of the plugin. My current solution is to modify the master material with the behavior I would like, but it requires a lot of work-arounds to get different behaviors on different point clouds concurrently. (Using vertex color as a mask currently). Hopefully you'll be able to repro / address this hiccup for the next release. Thanks again for the awesome plugin, cheers!
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I'll have a look as soon as I can!

Regards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi phoboz,
    I just wanted to let you know your plugin is a lifesaver and give you a little bug report! I'm currently working on a small art project taking lidar data through Houdini for heavy modification and into Unreal for final manipulation and render. I am finding the custom material override is being ignored. I'm on 4.21 with the 0.5b version of the plugin. My current solution is to modify the master material with the behavior I would like, but it requires a lot of work-arounds to get different behaviors on different point clouds concurrently. (Using vertex color as a mask currently). Hopefully you'll be able to repro / address this hiccup for the next release. Thanks again for the awesome plugin, cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi phoboz !

Sorry for the late feedback, I could'not retry to build project until today. And ..... It works perfectly in packaged project now. Thank you a lot !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not really a progress update, but look how SHINY!

Click image for larger version

Name:	shiny.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	310.4 KB
ID:	1551388

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know some of you still using 4.18 and 4.19 would like to try v0.5 of the plugin but don't feel comfortable (or simply don't want) to convert your projects to code-based. This is why I have now extended the available binary packages of early access to include 4.18 and 4.19

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    S.Pontadit
    I believe your issue should now be fixed! Please re-download the plugin and give it a go

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by S.Pontadit View Post
    I don't use any other Plugins. In the project there is nothing else that the Template Content and a cloud point asset that I've imported.

I've just tried to launch the packaged application without connected the HMD and same issue occurs. And no I don't have any other peripherals connected.

Hope the log file can help you !
    Thanks for this. Hopefully can get it fixed soon

Originally posted by dvt-safesite View Post
    Hi Phoboz great work mate, we're in Brisbane and really looking forward to using your plugin to view some LiDAR in VR! Glad to see you got your grant, you deserve it.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Phoboz great work mate, we're in Brisbane and really looking forward to using your plugin to view some LiDAR in VR! Glad to see you got your grant, you deserve it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't use any other Plugins. In the project there is nothing else that the Template Content and a cloud point asset that I've imported.

I've just tried to launch the packaged application without connected the HMD and same issue occurs. And no I don't have any other peripherals connected.

Hope the log file can help you !
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use the Unreal Studio Product Viewer template that supports VR.

When you launch the project you have a main screen where you can select either Desktop or either VR. However the error occurs before anything else so I never reached this main screen in packaged application.
    As LegendreVR said, this might be an issue he run into some time ago, which I never successfully replicated. Hopefully I'll manage to find it this time

Please send me your log file if possible.
    Are you using any other Plugins?
    ​​​​​​​Any other peripherals connected?​ (outside of HMD)

Leave a comment:

• replied

When you launch the project you have a main screen where you can select either Desktop or either VR. However the error occurs before anything else so I never reached this main screen in packaged application.
    You are not alone, it seems an awful lot like a problem we talked about with Phoboz a few weeks ago !

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So I just tried to build the plugin from source but it doesn't change anything. The same error occurs.
    Thanks for letting me know!
    I'll have a look as soon as I have some time.

Forgot to ask before, are you using VR?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So I just tried to build the plugin from source but it doesn't change anything. The same error occurs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use a binary version of the plugin.

Do you think that compiling the plugin from code with Preview 4 can solve this issue ? I will try this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X