Point Cloud Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pp_rfrost View Post
    Just tried v0.5.6, and getting "Fatal error!" dialog — no other information appears.
    Was this a new project or converted from v0.5.5?
    Which engine version?
    Any chance you could send me the log file?
    Point Cloud Plugin: Project Website | Forum Thread

If you need help: join me on Discord

Comment

Originally posted by phoboz View Post

Was this a new project or converted from v0.5.5?
      Which engine version?
      Any chance you could send me the log file?
      Wasn't a new project, previously 0.5.5. UE 4.22.1.
      I can send log file, where would that be located? Also, should I be converting from 0.5.5 in particular manner?
      Richard Frost

Head of VR & AR
      Pilbrow & Partners

Comment

Originally posted by pp_rfrost View Post

Wasn't a new project, previously 0.5.5. UE 4.22.1.
        I can send log file, where would that be located? Also, should I be converting from 0.5.5 in particular manner?
        Should be just a drop in replacement for the previous version (unless I missed something).
        The logs are located under PROJECT_FOLDER\Saved\Logs. Please send me the latest one following the fatal error you mentioned (usually PROJECT_NAME.log). Thanks!

Comment

Ran another build with just one cloud loaded via streaming. Map loads successfully — as soon as you enter the streaming volume though the "Fatal Error !" dialog appears.
          Attached Files
          Richard Frost

Head of VR & AR
          Pilbrow & Partners

Comment

I'm trying to use the 0.5.6-4.22 plugin in 4.22.1, but my point cloud only shows up as black specs, no color. when I load it in CloudCompare, the color shows up fine. I've tried adjusting various settings and can't seem to get color. Suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by shdwjk View Post
              I'm trying to use the 0.5.6-4.22 plugin in 4.22.1, but my point cloud only shows up as black specs, no color. when I load it in CloudCompare, the color shows up fine. I've tried adjusting various settings and can't seem to get color. Suggestions?
              Hi there,

- What format is the cloud you imported?
              - When you open the asset, does it say it has any color information?
              - Do you have any lighting set in your level? If not, try switching the cloud to Unlit mode

Comment

Hi there,

- What format is the cloud you imported?
                - When you open the asset, does it say it has any color information?
                - Do you have any lighting set in your level? If not, try switching the cloud to Unlit mode
                The file is a .las. I was able to get it working by loading it in CloudCompare, then saving it out as a .las again. I'm guessing it must be some sort of older version which is not supported by the plugin on import. When I opened it prior to the conversion, everything appeared correct except for the lack of color. I had created a VR starter project and trashed the existing level objects and dropped in the point cloud, so the default skybox, light, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by shdwjk View Post

The file is a .las. I was able to get it working by loading it in CloudCompare, then saving it out as a .las again. I'm guessing it must be some sort of older version which is not supported by the plugin on import. When I opened it prior to the conversion, everything appeared correct except for the lack of color. I had created a VR starter project and trashed the existing level objects and dropped in the point cloud, so the default skybox, light, etc.
                  Very strange. The plugin should support all versions of the las files.
                  Any chance you could send me the original cloud you imported, for testing?

Comment

Very strange. The plugin should support all versions of the las files.
                    Any chance you could send me the original cloud you imported, for testing?
                    Unfortunately, I think the dataset is company proprietary. =/ I'll see if I can get something which exhibits the same behavior.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0.5.7.png
Views:	1
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1622673

Point Cloud Plugin v0.5.7
                      Release Notes

Fixes
                      • Fixed Fatal Error when streaming levels with clouds

Comment

I get an instant crash when I try do drag this example point cloud into a level:
                        0.5.7b

https://www.navvis.com/m6-pointclouds
                        ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
                          I get an instant crash when I try do drag this example point cloud into a level:
                          0.5.7b

https://www.navvis.com/m6-pointclouds
                          Hi The_Distiller

This is because the v0.5.X can't really handle > 61M points.
                          Please try the new v0.6, as it should give you much better results

Comment

It does indeed, thanks!
                            ArtStation

Comment

This plugin is a great addition to UE4's toolsets. Have managed to pull in a >90M point cloud without a hitch. One question I just have:
                              - Is there any way to support point cloud display in orthographic views at all?

PS - Awesome keep up the great work!
                              David Gillespie
                              Associate
                              Foster + Partners

Comment

Originally posted by david.gillespie View Post
                                This plugin is a great addition to UE4's toolsets. Have managed to pull in a >90M point cloud without a hitch. One question I just have:
                                - Is there any way to support point cloud display in orthographic views at all?

PS - Awesome keep up the great work!
                                Hi! Great to hear you enjoy my work, thank you!

Yes, the orthographic view is already supported, but the binary versions of the plugin are a little behind the code version. If you are working with a code-based project just download the version from GIT repo. Otherwise, you'll have to wait few days or so until I update the binaries

Comment

Working...
                                X