Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Rosium View Post

google and onedrive which do you prefer?
    Either one

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by phoboz View Post

I'm not sure what's the attachment size limit on the forum. You might need to use some file sharing service. Do you have Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive or something like that?
    google and onedrive which do you prefer?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Sure Give me a few minutes, Do I just drag and drop the file here?
    I'm not sure what's the attachment size limit on the forum. You might need to use some file sharing service. Do you have Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive or something like that?

Leave a comment:

• replied

I see. Could you zip the project and send it to me, so I can investigate further?
    Sure Give me a few minutes, Do I just drag and drop the file here?

Leave a comment:

• replied

I understand that portion it's not meant for engine, the plugin is supposed to be install within the project folder

I tried that. I still get the error that the Point Cloud Runtime Module is not seen.

I create the project,
    View the project in the explorer
    Create the plugin folder
    Drag and drop the Point Cloud plugin into the Plugins Folder that has been created.
    Reopen the project

And I get the same error.

If the plugin is enabled, it will not let me reopen the project
    I see. Could you zip the project and send it to me, so I can investigate further?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Please re-read what I wrote earlier - installing the plugin at editor level has not been tested. The plugin is meant as project plugin and as such it should be placed inside [project_name]\Plugins directory.

I understand that portion it's not meant for engine, the plugin is supposed to be install within the project folder

I tried that. I still get the error that the Point Cloud Runtime Module is not seen.

I create the project,
    View the project in the explorer
    Create the plugin folder
    Drag and drop the Point Cloud plugin into the Plugins Folder that has been created.
    Reopen the project

And I get the same error.

If the plugin is enabled, it will not let me reopen the project
    Last edited by Rosium; 05-01-2018, 07:44 PM. Reason: additional info

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by J.Kimberley View Post
    phoboz Hey dude, I've found that point clouds that have been saved out of CloudCompare as ASC (txt, xyz, csv) etc. cause the importer to freeze on zero percent and never import the point cloud, causing me to end task unreal engine. is there a particular way they file needs to be structured, I'm able to import the same cloud into meshlab as .txt with XYZRGB and SPACE separator. Have you imported any Las/Laz files that have been saved out of CloudCompare as .txt?
    Can you provide first several lines of the file?
    The importer should be able to handle comma, space and tab separated column-based text files, including those containing column names at the beginning.

I believe we did try CloudCompare exports, but not 100% sure.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    phoboz
    i also compiled the engine and then dragged and dropped the point cloud plugin into the engine folder.
    the result of that leads to me:
    1. enabling the plugin within the editor.
    2. restart
    3. same errors again
    Please re-read what I wrote earlier - installing the plugin at editor level has not been tested. The plugin is meant as project plugin and as such it should be placed inside [project_name]\Plugins directory.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    phoboz Hey dude, I've found that point clouds that have been saved out of CloudCompare as ASC (txt, xyz, csv) etc. cause the importer to freeze on zero percent and never import the point cloud, causing me to end task unreal engine. is there a particular way they file needs to be structured, I'm able to import the same cloud into meshlab as .txt with XYZRGB and SPACE separator. Have you imported any Las/Laz files that have been saved out of CloudCompare as .txt?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    phoboz
    ​​​​​​​i also compiled the engine and then dragged and dropped the point cloud plugin into the engine folder.
    the result of that leads to me:
    1. enabling the plugin within the editor.
    2. restart
    3. same errors again

Leave a comment:

• replied
    phoboz

Same errors

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1. Download UE4.18 from git hub
    2. download Point Cloud Plugin 0.3 for 4.18
    3. Drag and drop point cloud folder into /Engine/Plugins (Folder)
    Herein lies the problem. It shouldn't be compiled with the engine.
    Generally, the plugin shouldn't go into your engine Plugins directory at all, but rather into your project Plugins directory. Alternatively, you could try to place the plugin within the engine Plugins directory after you fully compile it (tho I haven't tested it).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    phoboz
    hello by the way, sorry, Ive been stressing a little about this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    phoboz

I'm assuming you're compiling the project to run with editor, not a deployment build?

Run with editor, ive been compiling engines all morning and I hit nothing but dead ends.

Thanks for that, the zip package for 4.18.3 was missing shader file - I've added it now. Please re-download it and check again.

Checked it, the engine no longer crashes but I get these errors.

If you're building from source then it should create the binaries itself at that time - that error makes no sense oO
    binaries already come with your plugin. I figured you made it as a standalone plugin with no need to compile (according to what you mention to the other uses earlier in the forum)
    Is your plugin not a drag and drop application?
    Does it matter whether the engine I am installing the plugin in to be from source or binary?

Is this an actual error?
    Could you attach log files?
    Are these fresh or existing source projects?
    If fresh, are you using any other plugins?
    I am adding Optitrack Unreal Plugin. 4.17 (which works with Unreal 4.18.3) I have a successful build of this engine.

What exact steps are you taking to reproduce this?

Steps for Source (VERSION 1)
    3. Drag and drop point cloud folder into /Engine/Plugins (Folder)
    4. Setup.bat
    5. GenerateProjectFiles.bat
    6. Open editor
    7. Create project
    8. Enable Point Cloud Plugin
    9. Restart
    10. get the following errors within this reply

Steps for Source(VERSION 2)
    3. Setup.bat
    4. GenerateProjectFiles.bat
    5. Drag and drop point cloud folder into /Engine/Plugins (Folder)
    6. Open editor
    7. Create project
    8. Enable Point Cloud Plugin
    9. Restart
    10. get the following errors within this reply

Sorry for the 20 questions, but I just tried to reproduce it on few projects and it works great.[/QUOTE]

let me know if you need more info,

This is after I check the enable box in the plugin llist once the new project opens up. when i seleted "NO" to not disable the plugin this is the next warning I get. After this alert box, the project will not open.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Rosium

Hello, I am currently compiling your plugin in four different ways and it I was only able to get one complete build out of the four
    I'm assuming you're compiling the project to run with editor, not a deployment build?

Binary UE 4.19 and point cloud - crashes when I open editor
    Thanks for that, the zip package for 4.18.3 was missing shader file - I've added it now. Please re-download it and check again.

Source UE 4.18 and point cloud - failed to find the binaries of the plugin
    Source UE 4.19 and point cloud - failed to find the binaries of the plugin
    If you're building from source then it should create the binaries itself at that time - that error makes no sense oO
    Is this an actual error?
    Could you attach log files?
    Are these fresh or existing source projects?
    If fresh, are you using any other plugins? What exact steps are you taking to reproduce this?

Sorry for the 20 questions, but I just tried to reproduce it on few projects and it works great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X