• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derek Hunter View Post
    Hi - thanks for the quick reply.

- It works fine in the editor view.
    - It fails in PIE and separate window.
    - The cloud is statically loaded.
    - No custom material - I'm using "point, unlit, solid colour".
    - No changes to default setting that I can think of.
    - I've got about six or seven other plugins enabled.
    - I have not tried it in a fresh project.

Based on what you said I will try the point-cloud plugin in a new project with all other plugins disabled and let you know what happens.
    Is the crash happening on 0.4? You mentioned solid color render mode, which was removed in 0.4
    Point Cloud Plugin: Project Website | Forum Thread | Roadmap

If you need help: join me on Discord
    Please support me on Patreon if you enjoy my content

Comment

The crash is on 0.4.

You are right. I did say "solid colour render mode" but thinking about it now I'm 99% certain I was using the new render mode.

I will try on a new project today.

This from a customer who is using 0.3: "The Point Cloud is fantastic!"

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Hunter View Post
        This from a customer who is using 0.3: "The Point Cloud is fantastic!"
        Happy to hear that

Comment

Derek Hunter Are you still experiencing crashes?

Comment

Point Cloud Plugin v0.4.2
            Release Notes

Fixes
            • Fixed an issue with point clouds not loading at startup sometimes.
            • Changing Render Method at runtime should be much more robust now.

Comment

Hey,

I have a feature request: the plugin currently only imports the RGB channels for the vertex colours. Would it be possible to get the 4th channel too (alpha)?

It would be really useful to be able to have a fourth data channel in there, because it could be used to drive certain effects in the material. Just a thought.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by localstarlight View Post
                Hey,

I have a feature request: the plugin currently only imports the RGB channels for the vertex colours. Would it be possible to get the 4th channel too (alpha)?

It would be really useful to be able to have a fourth data channel in there, because it could be used to drive certain effects in the material. Just a thought.

Thanks!
                Hi and thanks for the feedback!

I'm experimenting with something that might end up using the alpha channel for other purpose but if not, then It's certainly possible and I will add it to the next release

Comment

Awesome!

Or perhaps there is an alternative / better way to get different amounts of rotation for each point that you can think of?

Comment

Awesome!

Or perhaps there is an alternative / better way to get different amounts of rotation for each point that you can think of?
                    Depends on what you're trying to achieve. How many axes of rotation? Random or specific rotation?
                    For random you can use things like world position / color component etc.

Comment

Ah, you're right, I can actually achieve what I want by just using/combining the RGB colour channels - oops! Thanks!

Comment

Ah, you're right, I can actually achieve what I want by just using/combining the RGB colour channels - oops! Thanks!
                        No problem Glad I could help.

Comment

Hey guys just out of curiosity, what would you use to export a point cloud that has information stored in an alpha channel? This is in regard to localstarlight earlier question for phoboz.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Kimberley View Post
                            Hey guys just out of curiosity, what would you use to export a point cloud that has information stored in an alpha channel? This is in regard to localstarlight earlier question for phoboz.
                            I'm producing my point clouds with Houdini, so it's just a case of adding an alpha channel manually with whatever data I want. If you wanted to add an alpha channel to a point cloud you had in CSV, that would be pretty easy to do in Houdini too.

Comment

phoboz I'm occasionally getting errors when trying to build a project using this plugin. Here is the relevant bit from the log:

Code:
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: begin: stack for UAT
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: === Handled ensure: ===
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error:
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: Ensure condition failed: MyOwnerWorld [File:D:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.18+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Components\ActorComponent.cpp] [Line: 1030]
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: Stack:
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000D5A42786 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000D57E123A UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000D57FB906 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000BB0B0F58 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000AF2FA31A UE4Editor-PointCloudRuntime.dll!APointCloudActor::RebuildComponents() [c:\users\steve\documents\unreal projects\cosmosis\plugins\pointcloudplugin\source\pointcloudruntime\private\pointcloudactor.cpp:143]
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000AF2EFE2F UE4Editor-PointCloudRuntime.dll!TBaseUObjectMethodDelegateInstance<0,APointCloudActor,void __cdecl(void)>::ExecuteIfSafe() [c:\program files\epic games\ue_4.18\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.h:858]
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000AF2EB5BC UE4Editor-PointCloudRuntime.dll!TBaseMulticastDelegate<void>::Broadcast() [c:\program files\epic games\ue_4.18\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegatesignatureimpl.inl:937]
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000AF2F9E4D UE4Editor-PointCloudRuntime.dll!UPointCloud::Rebuild() [c:\users\steve\documents\unreal projects\cosmosis\plugins\pointcloudplugin\source\pointcloudruntime\private\pointcloud.cpp:516]
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000BE32E8FD UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000BE3EDABC UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000BE405259 UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000BE404774 UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000B96568B3 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000B968D7BB UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000B9527D61 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000B954F391 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000008844D25F UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000008844525A UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000884454AA UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x0000000088452379 UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x0000000088453193 UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x0000000007823034 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x0000000008401551 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: end: stack for UAT
                              Any idea what's going on here?

If I remove the point cloud plugin (and all point clouds from the project), I don't get this error and the project packages fine.

Comment

I'm occasionally getting errors when trying to build a project using this plugin. Here is the relevant bit from the log:

Any idea what's going on here?

If I remove the point cloud plugin (and all point clouds from the project), I don't get this error and the project packages fine.
                                I'll have a look tonight and see what causes it.
                                You mentioned it only happening occasionally - as in, the same project will sometimes build without problems or that only some projects suffer from it?

Some control questions:
                                - Are you using the v0.4.2?
                                - Is the issue reproducible in fresh, empty project with just the PC in question?
                                - Are you using binary version of 4.18?
                                - Is it a code or content-only project?

Thanks for the feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X