• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Link to PBR zip not working for me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Enjobg View Post
    Edit: ps if you happen to need to scale up assets that were too small because of unity scale it would be better to scale them on import as that way the scale in the world will stay consistent between different assets.
    Yes I agree, but in that example (and with many free sample from the Asset Store) the scale was wrong from starting. I usually scale by 70, it what seems to be the best match.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would think that asset migration isn't that much the problem, it's the code migration that takes more time (and if there are things like particles, complex materials and other things like that which might a lot of redoing old stuff).

Also keep in mind you might not be allowed to use a lot of the assets on the unity store in unreal as the creator of the asset might not allow it. If anyone using a lot of store assets in their project and is thinking of migrating from one engine to another maybe should probably check how they are allowed to use the assets.

Edit: ps if you happen to need to scale up assets that were too small because of unity scale it would be better to scale them on import as that way the scale in the world will stay consistent between different assets.
    Last edited by Enjobg; 01-24-2018, 03:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Converting Assets from Unity to UE4

Converting Assets from Unity to UE4

I am in the process of converting my project from Unity to UE4 and I have made a very basic video oriented toward the people who are facing the same situation to show how easy it is to import assets from Unity to UE4. In this video I also show the process of creating a basic Unity PBR compatible material that can be re-used for any other conversion.

The video is here: https://youtu.be/AKSYYArZXAY, there is also a project in the description of the video with the assets used and the materials for the newbies who are starting and never used the material editor.

I hope it will help the ones who are afraid of moving from one engine to another, it is easier than you think.
Working...
X