Designer Editor Mode Plugin v1.0.0 Released with 4.25 support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Roel What would be the best approach to convert those assets after placing into foliage? Is there any?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I love you man ! Thanks for this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, can these actions be changed to match the gameplay ? To make it look like in sims

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Roel, if you have any thoughts on where I may look within the plugin, or things to try out, I am happy to do so.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Institute Games View Post
    For those who want this on macOS, here are the steps:
    For everyone who needs to compile plugins on a Mac you need:

1. Mac with Unreal Engine 4 installed.
    2. Blank C++ project ( or your current one ).
    3. Create a folder named "Plugins" inside your project.
    4. Inside "Plugins" folder create your actual plugin folder with the Source folder and .uplugin file.
    5. Delete Intermediate and Build folder from your actual plugin folder.
    6. Generate XCode Project by right-clicking your .uproject file, the option will be all the way at the bottom under Services.
    7. Double click the .uproject file to open UE4.
    8. Compile.

Sadly there seems to be some issue running the designer plugin under macOS.
    When in the Designer mode, I can select an object in the Content Browser, and I can press crtl, and the left mouse button in the viewport, but I get my object in a blue shade shrinking and growing, but if I pretty the left button it acts like nothing happened, when I move my mouse with crtl held down, my mouse starts to act funny, moving in extreme ways like it has been taken over. I have included a video to show the behavior.

Unfortunately I don't have a mac so can't debug this .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NickKochman View Post
    Hey, fantastic plugin, I was wondering if you'd be able to add Uniform Scaling to the random scaling option, would be perfect. Thanks!
    Can be achieved by putting the same value into every axis, but would be great as an additional option indeed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Maus2 View Post
    that looks fantastic!! is there a way to keep the scale locked, and just do the place and rotate? there are some items that shouldn't be scaled, like chairs for a big round table.. thanks
    Yes, it is called "Scale Bounds Towards Cursor", it is under the scale settings. If you turn it off it won't scale towards your cursor anymore.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, fantastic plugin, I was wondering if you'd be able to add Uniform Scaling to the random scaling option, would be perfect. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For those who want this on macOS, here are the steps:
    For everyone who needs to compile plugins on a Mac you need:

1. Mac with Unreal Engine 4 installed.
    2. Blank C++ project ( or your current one ).
    3. Create a folder named "Plugins" inside your project.
    4. Inside "Plugins" folder create your actual plugin folder with the Source folder and .uplugin file.
    5. Delete Intermediate and Build folder from your actual plugin folder.
    6. Generate XCode Project by right-clicking your .uproject file, the option will be all the way at the bottom under Services.
    7. Double click the .uproject file to open UE4.
    8. Compile.

Sadly there seems to be some issue running the designer plugin under macOS.
    When in the Designer mode, I can select an object in the Content Browser, and I can press crtl, and the left mouse button in the viewport, but I get my object in a blue shade shrinking and growing, but if I pretty the left button it acts like nothing happened, when I move my mouse with crtl held down, my mouse starts to act funny, moving in extreme ways like it has been taken over. I have included a video to show the behavior.

Last edited by Institute Games; 06-14-2020, 10:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    that looks fantastic!! is there a way to keep the scale locked, and just do the place and rotate? there are some items that shouldn't be scaled, like chairs for a big round table.. thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    why not post it free on the marketplace?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you so much! This was the only reason why I hadn't shifted my project over to 4.25.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sweetness! You're the man! :-)
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ronald Soelkner View Post
    Hey! Love this plugin!
    Any chance to bump it to 4.25 anytime soon?
    4.25 version is now live, including some new features, like a preview of the actor being shown before you spawn it!
    http://unrealengineer.com/designer

Originally posted by Angius View Post
    Turns out the plugin compiles just fine for 4.22 and 4.23, so I took the liberty bestowed upon me by the MIT license to fork the project and release plugin compiled for 4.23:
    Thanks for keeping the plugin up to date

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey! Love this plugin!
    Any chance to bump it to 4.25 anytime soon?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X