Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [TOOL] Designer Editor Mode Plugin v0.2.0 Released

Hi everyone,

I just release my first beta version of the Designer plugin. With this plugin, you will be able to spawn, rotate, and scale an actor in a single click!

Download the latest packaged version here:
    https://www.unrealengineer.com/designer

The source is available on GitHub under the MIT license:
    https://github.com/RoelBartstra/Designer

The manual with more info:
    https://www.unrealengineer.com/designer-manual

Release 0.2.0 video:

Release 0.1.1 video:

Enjoy!
    Download the latest version of the Designer Editor Mode plugin for Unreal Engine 4.
    Last edited by Roel; 01-23-2018, 04:12 PM.

Interesting I'll give it a go when I've got some time. I like things that speed up repeated tasks. Many thanks.
    John

Comment

Just a bit of feedback I have been hearing from other people. Support for Instanced Static meshes would be a great addition

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
        Just a bit of feedback I have been hearing from other people. Support for Instanced Static meshes would be a great addition
        I'm thinking about a solution for this which fits this tool, I will put it near the top of my list. I'm first gonna get some small things, after which I will look into a proper solution for this.

Comment

Any chance for a 4.17 version? Thanks,

Comment

hey. nice tool. I have downloaded it and i can see it in my editors, but when i drag an object with ctrl+left mouse button in the scene nothing will happen. i tried different settings in the designer tab, but still objects spawn in the normal way. any suggestion?
            Level Designer and Game Designer, Working with UE4 and World Machine

Comment

Originally posted by HoseinMohamady View Post
              hey. nice tool. I have downloaded it and i can see it in my editors, but when i drag an object with ctrl+left mouse button in the scene nothing will happen. i tried different settings in the designer tab, but still objects spawn in the normal way. any suggestion?
              Hi Hosein, You need to select a placeable asset in the content browser (static mesh, blueprint etc...) and make sure the designer editor mode is selected in the modes window. Use ctrl + hold left mouse button down + drag in a direction to spawn + rotate + scale.

Please check the manual for more info: https://www.unrealengineer.com/designer-manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristof Dely View Post
                Any chance for a 4.17 version? Thanks,
                No plans for supporting older versions of the engine at this point. What is your reason for not updating to 4.18?

Comment

Originally posted by Roel View Post

No plans for supporting older versions of the engine at this point. What is your reason for not updating to 4.18?
                  I'm using NVIDIA's custom UE4 build: VXGI, HBAO+ edition.
                  This is still not updated to the 4.18 branch, so need to use 4.17.x.

Comment

I'm using NVIDIA's custom UE4 build: VXGI, HBAO+ edition.
                    This is still not updated to the 4.18 branch, so need to use 4.17.x.
                    The plugin is still under heavy development which is why I do not want to focus on supporting all engine versions. While it is in beta I will make it work with the latest stable release available in the launcher.

The NVIDIA branch will probably be updated. In case you want to try it now you could get the plugin from GitHub, fork it and compile it with your custom engine. Make the required changes if it complains about anything. There shouldn't be too many differences. Let me know how it goes!

Comment

The plugin is still under heavy development which is why I do not want to focus on supporting all engine versions. While it is in beta I will make it work with the latest stable release available in the launcher.

The NVIDIA branch will probably be updated. In case you want to try it now you could get the plugin from GitHub, fork it and compile it with your custom engine. Make the required changes if it complains about anything. There shouldn't be too many differences. Let me know how it goes!
                      I have compiled it succesfully with some changes in the code (about 5 minutes work). But trying enabling the plugin UE displayed error message and couldn't load the plugin. So I gave up, because I didn't find what is the problem.
                      I have chacked NVIDIA's branch and VXGI for 4.18.2 is available 3 days ago, so now I'm upgrading my project to 4.18.2 VXGI branch and will try your plugin. Your compiled plugin is not working with it, so need to build it.

Comment

I have compiled it succesfully with some changes in the code (about 5 minutes work). But trying enabling the plugin UE displayed error message and couldn't load the plugin. So I gave up, because I didn't find what is the problem.
                        I have chacked NVIDIA's branch and VXGI for 4.18.2 is available 3 days ago, so now I'm upgrading my project to 4.18.2 VXGI branch and will try your plugin. Your compiled plugin is not working with it, so need to build it.
                        Which platform are you on?

Comment

Which platform are you on?
                          Used MaximeDup's branch:
                          https://github.com/MaximeDup/UnrealE...17.X-GameWorks

But now I'm using the official 4.18.3 VXGI branch:
                          https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI-4.18

The Designer plugin working fine with this branch.

Comment

Awesome idea, I'll run this past our level design folk, see what they think of it.

Comment

Heyyy, I just tried the tool, and it's really cool and super fast for populating a scene with random props. But it's seems like the tool does not work when placing object on BSP Geometry.

Comment

Working...
                              X