Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRO/MMO Foundation. Free, open source, multiplayer tools built to scale.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been working on a crafting system, and I'd like to get some feedback from you all on it.

Should I include it in the PRO/MMO code base?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Sorry that the game music is so loud.
    Last edited by UETOPIA; 03-19-2018, 04:48 PM.

Comment

I do not think you should include that in the Pro MMO code base. As an optional plugin sure

Comment

Hi, is it possible to do steam login to authorize players into the matchmaking system or should I reject them based on steam auth once they try to reach my game server? This has some issues, as for example, people without the game in their library (pirate versions, for instance) being matched against other players and then not being able to connect leaving the session with fewer players than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Bliz556 View Post
          Hi, is it possible to do steam login to authorize players into the matchmaking system or should I reject them based on steam auth once they try to reach my game server? This has some issues, as for example, people without the game in their library (pirate versions, for instance) being matched against other players and then not being able to connect leaving the session with fewer players than expected.
          Steam authentication is not supported at this time.

Comment

Overview of the multiplayer scaling options available using the UETOPIA backend:

Comment

New walk-through for 4.19. It is much faster and easier. Find the link in the original post.

Comment

What link download you asset / project ?

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by NessimSAYOUD View Post
                  What link download you asset / project ?

Thx
                  Hi NessimSAYOUD

Full instructions can be found in the walk-through video.

Here is a quick summary:

Sign in at uetopia.com
                  Enable developer in your profile
                  Click the developer link in the nav
                  Expand the developer tools panel
                  Find all of the links and documentation

Comment

thank you,
                    by cons I do not understand your site? why pay? your system is not open source? I see NEW GAME; GROUP etc what's on your site?

Comment

Your system is not independent .. It's like Photon unity ... your project depends on your BACK END, so if I want to make my own games on my dedicated server I can do it? or must I pay?

In either case, you should not say that your PROJECT IS FREE if you ask to pay for the server rental.

Comment

Your system is not independent .. It's like Photon unity ... your project depends on your BACK END, so if I want to make my own games on my dedicated server I can do it? or must I pay?

In either case, you should not say that your PROJECT IS FREE if you ask to pay for the server rental.
                        Yes, the Pro/MMO project depends on the backend. The project is an example of how you can use the backend.

The project is open source, however. So if you want to do something else with it, please do.

Yes. Someone has to pay for dedicated server up-time. When I speak about this, I say "with proper configuration the backend is free for developers to use". Proper configuration means that the game is collecting enough revenue from the players to cover the dedicated server uptime.

Comment

so if I want to make my own games on my dedicated server I can do it?
                          Additionally, you can host the basic Pro/MMO dedicated servers if you want to, but you miss out on a lot of UEtopia's features - like spinning down servers with no players, instancing, and sharding.

Sharded servers, and Instanced servers do require backend control to function.
                          Last edited by UETOPIA; 04-30-2018, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I am wondering how many players one of these severs should be able to handle? Will these numbers change with 4.20 changes to networking?

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzy306 View Post
                              I am wondering how many players one of these severs should be able to handle? Will these numbers change with 4.20 changes to networking?
                              The only limitation to the number of players is the engine itself. Take a look at the "Multiplayer Scaling" video I linked above. I talk about strategies for scaling using the stock ue4 netcode.

Yes, 4.20 will be bringing some changes that will allow more players. =)

Comment

New devlog up on itch and the UETOPIA blog documenting monetization strategies, and how they are used within UETOPIA. Did I miss any?

Comment

Working...
                                X