Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRO/MMO Foundation. Free, open source, multiplayer tools built to scale.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for clarifying.

Originally posted by Fantasifall View Post

It seems like an opportunity for block chain style ledgers
    Yes. I won't say too much on this... But you've got the right idea.

Comment

Looks great!

Im confused a little bit.

Am i understod right?
      Uetopia is full backend management for mmos, but ingame still using unreal engine networking to replicate entities, actors etc. ?

Because as we know ue's networking is limited and not reallly suitable for massive scaled population

Comment

That's right. Per-server engine limitations still apply.

The strategy here is not to get big populations on a single server, but to distribute a big population across multiple servers.

Comment

Have you been able to do any large scale tests? What was your concurrent player count on one server? If not, could we possibly try to organize a scheduled event to stress test a server and get some netprofiling data?

Comment

Quick update.

New version 00007 deployed and committed to github.

Includes a working gameplay damage ability (gameplayCue, gameplayTag, gameplayEffect, cooldown). Added a simple player overhead widget to show name and health. Also death and respawn are implemented using the standard engine conventions.

I left some inventory items scattered around, and I put a couple vendors up for sale on my vendor.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasifall View Post
              Have you been able to do any large scale tests? What was your concurrent player count on one server? If not, could we possibly try to organize a scheduled event to stress test a server and get some netprofiling data?
              I have not done any kind of stress testing on the game servers themselves, but I'd love to. <3

The actual hardware is defined by the developer on a per server basis, and can range from (1 CPU 3.5GB ram) up to (64 CPU 240GB ram).

Comment

Quick update.

New version 00008 deployed and committed.

Multiple character support added. Players are now presented with a character select screen after login. Create delete, and select the character you want to use. Characters have their own persistent data: inventory, abilities, etc.

This is optional - you can use a single character per player setup if you want. It's such a standard MMO feature that I felt it should be included.

Click image for larger version

Name:	character_select_ui.png
Views:	1
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	1420453

Comment

New Version 00009 committed and deployed.

Bugfixes:
                  Post process volume and material not present on some maps
                  Dropping an item and picking it up again made the item unusable
                  Ability bar keymap inconsistent.

Thanks for the bug reports everyone. I really appreciate that!

Comment

Originally posted by UETOPIA View Post
                    New Version 00009 committed and deployed.

Bugfixes:
                    Post process volume and material not present on some maps
                    Dropping an item and picking it up again made the item unusable
                    Ability bar keymap inconsistent.

Thanks for the bug reports everyone. I really appreciate that!
                    Hi I'm confused. Why are there only 3 files in the github repo , please? https://github.com/uetopia/ProMMO
                    Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/jamesmoore
                    Sketchfab: https://sketchfab.com/James.Moore

Comment

Originally posted by jazz75 View Post

Hi I'm confused. Why are there only 3 files in the github repo , please? https://github.com/uetopia/ProMMO
                      Hi Jazz

I am currently maintaining two branches. One for the stock 4.18 engine, and one for the patched 4.18 engine. I strongly recommend using the patched engine until Epic approves my pull request.

Please use the branch that matches the engine build that you are using.

Comment

Thanks to all of the developers that have been signing up and trying out the demos. It has helped immensely with identifying some UI/UX issues on the site and in game. THANK YOU!

This information, along with conversations I've been having with some of you has inspired some core level changes to the platform.

In game user registration
                        New user registration can happen in-game. Some people were launching the game and attempting to login for the first time, only to see an error, or have nothing happen at all. Now, users can launch the exe, and a user account is created for them.

Removed "authorize to play" requirement
                        Game authorization has been completely removed. Some users were getting stuck trying to join a match, or server without "authorize to play" being clicked first. They would end up seeing an error, or waiting while nothing happens. Now, a user's first play of the game automatically authorizes the game for play.

Removed server currency transfer
                        Server currency transfer has been completely removed. Some users were getting stuck with "auto-authorization" settings being either too low, too high, or more than they could afford. It was also confusing to have a different balance in-game, and have it transfer back after logout. Now, users have access to their entire CRED wallet when they join a server.

New api endpoint domain
                        All api requests should point to the new api endpoint domain. This helps to isolate user requests from backend server requests. Update your .ini config files to point to the new domain. Details are in the developer walkthrough documentation.

These are low level changes, and will impact current projects. Just grab the latest plugin, and example code, and make 2 .ini changes, and you'll be up and running again.

Again, it has been really helpful to chat with you all… Hearing your comments and concerns really motivates me to fine tune the platform to meet your needs.

If you haven't already gotten in touch with me, please do! The best way is to find me on the unreal slackers discord. I am "Element". I'd love to hear what you're doing!

Comment

You should consider starting your own discord server for answering support question and letting users chat. I see a lot of marketplace sellers doing that now. I'm in quite a few of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Oul View Post
                            You should consider starting your own discord server for answering support question and letting users chat. I see a lot of marketplace sellers doing that now. I'm in quite a few of them.
                            Yes, we have a discord. I am keeping it private until we get though beta. PM me or find me on Unreal slackers if you'd like to request an invite.

Comment

Looks really great, thanks for uploading it!

Comment

The UETOPIA plugin has been approved and is live on the marketplace.

It is recommended to use the version from github, and the patched engine for serious projects.

Comment

Working...
                                X