X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Tool][Tut]Autodesk - Character Generator

area.autodesk.com - About Character Generator

Originally posted by Autodesk
    Drastically reduce the time needed to create customized, rigged and ready-to-animate 3D characters with Autodesk® Character Generator; a new, easy-to-use, web-based service. With Character Generator, users have control over a character’s body, face, clothes and hair, and can then generate their customized character for use in popular animation packages: Autodesk® Maya®, Autodesk® Maya LT™, and Autodesk® 3ds Max® software as well as in game engines like Unity. Generated characters can be used in hobbyist, student, and commercial projects such as games, architectural visualizations as well as film and TV projects.
    • Blend between two source characters
    • Fine-tune individual features with targeted blending
    • Skin, Eye and Hair control
    • A range of customizable clothing and shoe styles
    • Use Artistic Styles to add flair to your characters
    • Save your character?s ?DNA?
    • Generate characters ready for animation
    • Choose your Level of Detail (LOD)
    • Generate your character as a FBX or Maya file

charactergenerator.autodesk.com - The Web Based Character Generator
    Youtube
    Machine Learning C++ Plugin
    Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Export options
    Originally posted by Step 1
    Originally posted by Step 2

Import to 3dsmax
    Originally posted by Step 1
    Import the downloaded fbx like normal
    Originally posted by Step 2
    export the entire file using the export options on the udn for skeletal meshes
    Profit

Enjoy the awesome tool!
    Youtube
    Machine Learning C++ Plugin
    Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

I used the BETA project of this" Pinocchio" for a year or so and thought it was great, but very limited in clothing and character design.
      Hopefully they'll improve it over the years, but Autodesk will dump it if it doesn't take off, (they have a habit of doing that)
      UE4 high res character modelling, rigging for facial and full body animation - HERE
      Dave Saxon/AKA Lex Luthor Channel
      Seek And Destroy Games Channel
      Our Website here.
      Download free animations here

Comment

Now THIS looks interesting, and could certainly save indies working alone (like myself) LOTS of time, throw in the Mixamo online animation system, and it'd be even faster.

I really hope AD don't drop this.

Comment

Question is, what's the license? :|
          Rule#21: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Comment

there's a free version, you get everything except the ability to do medium/high poly meshes and blendshape exporting/facial bone rigging, and access to example files (I think)

Comment

Trying to use the exported fbx with the ue4 starter animation pack but seems the skeleton targeting is very wrong:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture90.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	312.9 KB
ID:	1072344

Any tips for where I could be going wrong with export settings or the best way to go about fixing this sort of problem? (as you can tell I'm pretty new to all this sort of thing)

Comment

Working...
              X