gFur, free shell based fur plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi, I have a question about subsurface scattering. I tried to add it, but when it comes to the shader material on the animal, it appears completely white when I switch from default Lit to Subsurface.

The effect seems to work very well on the fur strands, just lacking the actual color. Any idea what could cause this? Thx

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yo, GiM s.r.o. I can't help but notice that the plugin is now V3.

But I can't see a changelog or anything anywhere. But I did see a review reply from you where you mention.
    "
    Thanks, btw we have submited update for 4.25, 24 and 23.
    for 23, 24 and 25 it fixes motion blur issues
    24 and 25 are actually upgrades to v3
    this adds alembic spline importer
    and adds gFur groom export to Epic's hair system (including generating dense strands)
    updated shaders will follow"

So is that correct? Did you add the 'grooming for epic's hair system' feature I suggested? If that's the case, then awesome!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TrygonLudo View Post

Hi, I had same issue. I found a way to get it right but I don't know if it's the most efficient way.

In the texture of the FurPattern itself, there is a parameters unter "Level of Dertail" and you can choose different options. When you select "NoMipaps" , the fur remains nice from any disdtance in the active LOD.

Mabye there is a better option but I don't know.
    oh, nice, at least some solution
    i'll try this, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wolh View Post
    Hello
    I cant find where i can adjust this, but am a beginner and might be misunderstood something
    I need my furry pillow to look like this

But from the distance it looks like this:

Click image for larger version Name:	photo_20200330_201436.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.2 KB ID:	1739028

How can i change that?
    Hi, I had same issue. I found a way to get it right but I don't know if it's the most efficient way.

In the texture of the FurPattern itself, there is a parameters unter "Level of Detail" and you can choose different options. When you select "NoMipmaps" , the fur remains nice from any distance in the active LOD.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Fur_detail.PNG Views:	1 Size:	411.8 KB ID:	1739049

Mabye there is a better option but I don't know.
    Last edited by TrygonLudo; 03-30-2020, 02:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello
    I cant find where i can adjust this, but am a beginner and might be misunderstood something
    I need my furry pillow to look like this
    Click image for larger version  Name:	photo_20200330_201432.jpg Views:	0 Size:	178.2 KB ID:	1739027

But from the distance it looks like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	photo_20200330_201436.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.2 KB ID:	1739028

How can i change that?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, trying to launch the project on the Switch with gFur enabled just crashes the whole thing outright when trying to serialize some material.

The problem is that the GFur skin vertex factory cannot be found at run-time. The reason it cannot be found is because the plug-in isn't being loaded. The plug-in isn't loaded, because it is not whitelisted in the plug-in descriptor file. Therefor, to fix this issue, simply add "Switch" to the list of whitelisted platforms in GFur.uplugin:

Code:
    "WhitelistPlatforms": [
        "Win64",
        "Win32",
        "PS4", 
    "Switch",
    "XboxOne" ]
    Last edited by gmpreussner; 02-07-2020, 01:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by g0_Vi View Post
    Hi,

Experiencing an issue where the fur will disappear randomly, and sometimes just by adjusting the camera angle. What could the issue be?

Here is a reference

https://imgur.com/a/E7xMjag
    What engine version are you using and which gFur, free or PRO?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We got email from KaiYueh, so we are checking the issue.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by g0_Vi View Post
    Hi,

Experiencing an issue where the fur will disappear randomly, and sometimes just by adjusting the camera angle. What could the issue be?

Here is a reference

i got the same problem.
    do you have any solution to fix it yet?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

Here is a reference

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome, good luck.
    And who knows, maybe you can tap into the whole niagara x splines setup they're using for hair physics, and can use that for gFur as well, down the line.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's an interesting idea. Should be doable, but probably there will be some limitations. We will investigate this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey GiM s.r.o. , now that Unreal is working on it's internal hair rendering system, would it be possible to tweak your grooming tools so that they can alter/generate splines for the hair system?
    You're already generating splines from each vertex and manipulating them, right? If there was just a way to either:
    A: Export/Save gFur groom as splines unreal can use for the hair rendering.
    or even
    B: The ability to use gFur grooming tools on the new Hair splines in-editor would be very useful.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ing/index.html
    If you can just export the groomed splines as an abc with the splines in, you could just have unreal reimport it as hair splines.
    I imagine a lot of people would be willing to fork over some money to be able to groom characters in-editor, and Epic hasn't mentioned any plans to add those tools themselves, as far as I'm aware.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi sorry but is there a gfur for dummies tutorial?
    I am just a dumb DAZ and iClone user and I am totally lost cannot do advanced stuff

I basically want to just grow some hair on a skullcap but it seems to select the entire mesh and importing and adding the skull cap as a component to my player loses my player animation BP even if I use the same rigging, I never had any luck parenting stuff to third person players only "animated NPC's" I drop in the scene

I render animated videos either retargeting a figure and then capturing it running through a scene from the editor in a standalone screen or by dropping FBX animated figures in the scene. I can attach a hair cap to the latter and if it is a skeletal mesh can in theory grow hairs on it, except I see no hairs only the orange highlight and cannot find that painting mode to grow it.

I tried growing hair on animated animals in scene too, no luck, don't know where to find the tools shown in the video.
    Last edited by Wendyluvscatz; 12-15-2019, 09:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    GiM s.r.o.
    Unreal Engine 4.24.0(source code) + GFur Pro 2.1.5 + "Xbox One or PS4"
    GenerateProjectFiles.bat

Setting up Unreal Engine 4 project files...
    Binding IntelliSense data...
    WARNING: Library '\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\GFurPRO\Fbxsdk\lib\x64\libfbxsdk-md.lib' was not resolvable to a file when used in Module 'GFurEditor', assuming it is a filename and will search library paths for it.
    This is slow and dependency checking will not work for it.
    Please update reference to be fully qualified alternatively use PublicSystemLibraryPaths if you do intended to use this slow path to suppress this warning.
    \Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\GFurPRO\Source\GFurEditor\GFurEditor.Build.cs: warning: Referenced directory '\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\GFurPRO\Fbxsdk\include' does not exist.

Binding IntelliSense data... 100%
    Writing project files... 100%
    Last edited by Aabs Inc.; 12-12-2019, 12:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X