No announcement yet.

[FREE] Launchpad - A free, open-source UE4-compatible game launcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm afraid I can't do anything without more information. I really need to see stack traces and exception information from debugging - without those, I can't help or fix anything It works on my end, and I can't reproduce the issue.
    Talk to me on qTox: E8FF4A2B55C2C3A8BC7B60F729E8884BF95CEB4FE8906AE76F5941B08E73066AF562A26C280B
    Stalk me on the IRC: jarl or jargon
    Need a launcher for your games? Check out Launchpad

Comment

Originally posted by MegaChill View Post
      Had the same issue as Dark583. Log is empty nothing shows up but files get built just fine. No idea tbh. Probably the GTK doing something weird causing it to fail on us. This was Win10 Pro x64 latest.

Writing my own custom solution with WPF since I do not need this to work on Linux machines. The title will be Windows Only, so no bother
      One thing to make sure is that you're not compiling it as a 64-bit application - GTK# on Windows cannot handle 64-bit builds at the moment.
      Also, why no Linux release? We need more games over here
      Talk to me on qTox: E8FF4A2B55C2C3A8BC7B60F729E8884BF95CEB4FE8906AE76F5941B08E73066AF562A26C280B

Comment

Originally posted by Jargon View Post
        One thing to make sure is that you're not compiling it as a 64-bit application - GTK# on Windows cannot handle 64-bit builds at the moment.
        Also, why no Linux release? We need more games over here
        Even compiling at x86 didnt work. But like I said no problem not going to bother. The reason there will be no Linux is simple, DX11 / DX12 optimisations etc. we are focusing on PC and DirectX for this title. The drawbacks of having to multi dev against OpenGL and DX at the same time is just too big right now for our small dev team. So while I share your sentiment on using Linux ( I myself run all serverside code on Linux exclusively) as a backend developer we won't be bringing it to Gnome or the like for the reason above and additionally the player base who would play on linux is just too tiny.

Anyways this isn't a "we hate linux" decision but rather a we need to focus on delivering the best experience we can before we delve into the world of cross platform gaming etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaChill View Post
          Even compiling at x86 didnt work. But like I said no problem not going to bother. The reason there will be no Linux is simple, DX11 / DX12 optimisations etc. we are focusing on PC and DirectX for this title. The drawbacks of having to multi dev against OpenGL and DX at the same time is just too big right now for our small dev team. So while I share your sentiment on using Linux ( I myself run all serverside code on Linux exclusively) as a backend developer we won't be bringing it to Gnome or the like for the reason above and additionally the player base who would play on linux is just too tiny.

Anyways this isn't a "we hate linux" decision but rather a we need to focus on delivering the best experience we can before we delve into the world of cross platform gaming etc.
          Ah, too bad. Good luck with your game anyway OpenGL and Vulkan is where it's at, drop DX is what I say

Comment

Hi Jargon,

We're developing an application for architectural visualization that will work on a project, essentially as a leasing tool to communicate available lots to prospective clients.

We're currently trying to figure out if there is a way to allow the leasing department to make changes on their versions of the app, that can then automatically update the version on the FTP server that other users can then download.

Is this something that the launchpad has the potential of doing?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie_Benoy View Post
              Hi Jargon,

We're developing an application for architectural visualization that will work on a project, essentially as a leasing tool to communicate available lots to prospective clients.

We're currently trying to figure out if there is a way to allow the leasing department to make changes on their versions of the app, that can then automatically update the version on the FTP server that other users can then download.

Is this something that the launchpad has the potential of doing?

Thanks
              Hi Jamie,

This is certainly something that Launchpad has the capability of doing. What I'd imagine you'd have to do is set up one separately configured version of Launchpad for each lot, and then let the leasing department have upload access to the related directories on the server. You'd be maintaining multiple instances of Launchpad on one or more servers.

Depending on your setup, it may be more or less difficult to do this. Why don't you hop onto the Launchpad Discord server, and we'll have a chat about it

Comment

Launchpad version 0.3.0 has been released! This release has been a long time coming, and finally drops WinForms in favor of GTK. All platforms now have a unified UI, and they will all receive the same updates. Furthermore, I've fixed a number of bugs that were floating around, so the patching process should be more reliable than ever. I've also made the download buffer size a configurable value, so you can tweak it to your hearts content and maybe squeeze a few more extra bits per second out of the downloads.

This release absolutely requires that both you (the developer) and the user has the GTK libraries installed. This should already have been the case for a long while, but just in case, if the launcher ever crashes due to these missing libraries, it will now automatically direct you to the "Common Problems" page on the GitHub wiki, which can be found [URL="https://github.com/Nihlus/Launchpad/wiki/Common-problems"]here/URL]. This page collects all the common issues you might run into when using or setting up Launchpad, and I plan to expand it further. If you have anything you'd like to see brought up in it, give me a shout and I'll add it.

Have a good one, people

Comment

We where having a bit of a problem compiling the utility tool. At first it was having some trouble matching because they where compiled with different ,net framewords. (common was build with .Net 4.5 and Utilities was built with 4.0) After converting both of the target frameworks to 4.0 (not the client version). Then we got another error:

Error CS0246 The type or namespace name 'EManifestType' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

That required us to add in Using Launchpad.Common.Enums; into Program.cs, MainWindow.cs, ManifestGenerationHandler.cs

After adding in that, the tool compiled.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin.Dooley View Post
                    We where having a bit of a problem compiling the utility tool. At first it was having some trouble matching because they where compiled with different ,net framewords. (common was build with .Net 4.5 and Utilities was built with 4.0) After converting both of the target frameworks to 4.0 (not the client version). Then we got another error:

Error CS0246 The type or namespace name 'EManifestType' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

That required us to add in Using Launchpad.Common.Enums; into Program.cs, MainWindow.cs, ManifestGenerationHandler.cs

After adding in that, the tool compiled.
                    Hi Justin,

Thanks for the catch! My hard drive recently crapped out and I lost some transient changes. The issues you encountered were a result of some uncommitted source code on my drive. I've implemented the fixes and pushed them to github.

Comment

hey

is there any Tutorial on Youtube or other Forums how to install this Launchpad programm. Because the Tutorial from GitHub i dont understand.

Comment

Hi, This looks incredible, thanks for releasing this to the community.
                        I've been looking at the wiki for an answer but can't see anything about the UE4 package structure.
                        Is it better if I assign chunks to assets so that multiple .pak files are created, so that the updated files are smaller in size?
                        At the moment, my packaged build creates one 2.5gb pak file, so I assume that even minor changes will result in the user having to download 2.5gb every time?

Thanks,

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by maffew View Post
                          Hi, This looks incredible, thanks for releasing this to the community.
                          I've been looking at the wiki for an answer but can't see anything about the UE4 package structure.
                          Is it better if I assign chunks to assets so that multiple .pak files are created, so that the updated files are smaller in size?
                          At the moment, my packaged build creates one 2.5gb pak file, so I assume that even minor changes will result in the user having to download 2.5gb every time?

Thanks,

Matt
                          Hi Matt,

Yes, that' would be preferrable. Launchpad updates each changed file individually, so if you only have one large pak file, it will redownload the whole thing. I have not implemented anything specific for UE4 in terms of their chunking system - rather, the UE4 support is the ability for the launcher to discover the executable file on its own.

Comment

Hey mate.

thus still got your attention and will be updated much in the future? Also not sure if you added this but being able to change the speed at which the launcher downloads. I players can decide what speed so that they can still do other things while it downloads because not everyone has good net. If it's already in then ignore this. I will be trying it out soon

thanks mate
                            Nomad

Comment

Hi Jargon, thanks for this work its really cool to see a tool like this as open source for the community.

I've been working with the launcher on a Win64 platform , it appears that the Launchpad.Launcher is not generating a GameManifest.txt.old file thus preventing further installation of the game files.

It could be that my build settings in visual studio are off, is there anything specific that needs to be done when building the project or have you seen an issue like this before?

Thanks again for contributing your work.

Comment

can not be compiled in VS2015
                                Error:
                                Some of the properties associated with the solution could not be read. ___\Launchpad\Launchpad.Common\Launchpad.Common.csproj : error : The default XML namespace of the project must be the MSBuild XML namespace. If the project is authored in the MSBuild 2003 format, please add xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003" to the <Project> element. If the project has been authored in the old 1.0 or 1.2 format, please convert it to MSBuild 2003 format. ...\Launchpad\Launchpad.Common\Launchpad.Common.csproj

...\Launchpad\Launchpad.Launcher\Launchpad.Launcher.csproj : error : The default XML namespace of the project must be the MSBuild XML namespace. If the project is authored in the MSBuild 2003 format, please add xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003" to the <Project> element. If the project has been authored in the old 1.0 or 1.2 format, please convert it to MSBuild 2003 format. ...\Launchpad\Launchpad.Launcher\Launchpad.Launcher.csproj

...\Launchpad\Launchpad.Utilities\Launchpad.Utilities.csproj : error : The default XML namespace of the project must be the MSBuild XML namespace. If the project is authored in the MSBuild 2003 format, please add xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003" to the <Project> element. If the project has been authored in the old 1.0 or 1.2 format, please convert it to MSBuild 2003 format. ...\Launchpad\Launchpad.Utilities\Launchpad.Utilities.csproj

...\Launchpad\Launchpad.Tests\Launchpad.Tests.csproj : error : The default XML namespace of the project must be the MSBuild XML namespace. If the project is authored in the MSBuild 2003 format, please add xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003" to the <Project> element. If the project has been authored in the old 1.0 or 1.2 format, please convert it to MSBuild 2003 format. ...\Launchpad\Launchpad.Tests\Launchpad.Tests.csproj

Comment

Working...
                                X