[FREE] Launchpad - A free, open-source UE4-compatible game launcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jargon View Post
    No ETA - there's some stuff I have to sort out with it first. Maybe one-two weeks, but that's just me guessing. You can check out the GitHub issues for planned protocols and current progress.
    Alright thanks! I will be waiting.
    Check out my game OldSchool Nightmare : http://www.indiedb.com/games/oldschool-nightmare

Comment

It'd be sweet if the launcher could hot load a graphic on the right of the changelog just like the change log is fetched from the server!

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
      Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

Originally posted by Parvan View Post
        It'd be sweet if the launcher could hot load a graphic on the right of the changelog just like the change log is fetched from the server!
        Nice idea. I'll look into it, but it probably won't be implemented until I unify the UI across platforms. Would have done it already, but finding a C#-compatible web browser widget that works everywhere is an utter pain...
        Talk to me on qTox: E8FF4A2B55C2C3A8BC7B60F729E8884BF95CEB4FE8906AE76F5941B08E73066AF562A26C280B
        Stalk me on the IRC: jarl or jargon
        Need a launcher for your games? Check out Launchpad

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2016-05-30 21:25:04.png
Views:	1
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	1107419

I played around with it a bit Nothing that's ready for release, though.

On another note, finally fixed the utilities app. It runs like a champ on Windows now.
          Talk to me on qTox: E8FF4A2B55C2C3A8BC7B60F729E8884BF95CEB4FE8906AE76F5941B08E73066AF562A26C280B

Comment

Hi. I'm using a slightly older version of Launchpad - my somewhat excitable friend submitted the FTP/HTTP patch, if you remember that, so that's when we split.
            We've discovered an interesting glitch when running under High Contrast modes - one of our artists has vision troubles.
            He's got an inverted theme, it looks like this.
            http://pyewackit.net/glumm/Clipboard01.jpg
            I think this might be the solution, but I'm not sure.
            https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...=vs.85%29.aspx

Oh, hey, you're on IRC. Which IRC?

Comment

I have still not yet been able to even correctly open the launcher in visual studio, which shows a bit of a problem.
              It cannot understand the Translations Project, and you told me to delete that but I'm not sure what that pertains.
              -Josh Steinhauer ~ HERO ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Warcabbit View Post
                Hi. I'm using a slightly older version of Launchpad - my somewhat excitable friend submitted the FTP/HTTP patch, if you remember that, so that's when we split.
                We've discovered an interesting glitch when running under High Contrast modes - one of our artists has vision troubles.
                He's got an inverted theme, it looks like this.
                http://pyewackit.net/glumm/Clipboard01.jpg
                I think this might be the solution, but I'm not sure.
                https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...=vs.85%29.aspx

Oh, hey, you're on IRC. Which IRC?
                I've moved away from the IRC mostly - I'm always on Discord right now

Unfortunately, I'm unable to help with or support older versions of the launcher. Doing so would increase my workload something fierce, and I'm unable to handle that right now. I have implemented the suggested fix on the master branch, but I'm unable to test it. I don't own a Windows computer, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by joshcamas View Post
                  I have still not yet been able to even correctly open the launcher in visual studio, which shows a bit of a problem.
                  It cannot understand the Translations Project, and you told me to delete that but I'm not sure what that pertains.
                  Open the project in VS and delete the translations project. It should be no worse than just selecting it and hitting delete.
                  EDIT: If that doesn't work, pull the latest master branch and try it again. I restructured some bits of the Windows UI that may fix the issue altogether.
                  Last edited by Jargon; 05-31-2016, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Oh, I wasn't hoping you could fix the problem, I was just telling you of something we ran into in case you hadn't run into it yet. I wasn't sure someone running High Contrast was a common situation.

Comment

Oh, I wasn't hoping you could fix the problem, I was just telling you of something we ran into in case you hadn't run into it yet. I wasn't sure someone running High Contrast was a common situation.
                      Well, have them try the latest version on the master branch and see if that works. Accessibility is important to me, don't want to exclude anyone

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95501[/ATTACH]

I played around with it a bit Nothing that's ready for release, though.

On another note, finally fixed the utilities app. It runs like a champ on Windows now.
                        Nice job on the hot loading of a graphic. I'm sure making it cross platform is quite the challenge. I don't have much experience with that.

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                        Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

Nice job on the hot loading of a graphic. I'm sure making it cross platform is quite the challenge. I don't have much experience with that.
                          Yeah, it's a bit of a hassle since I'm currently maintaining two GUIs in one application - one WinForms, which runs on Windows, and one GTK which runs on Linux (the one you see above). I don't have any Windows computers, so I can't make any changes to the Forms UI beyond code alterations. This makes it kind of difficult to fix issues with it.

I would move to GTK on Windows as well (and I'm hoping to do that in the future), but I haven't been able to find any web browser widgets that work across all platforms. If it works on Windows it doesn't under Mac and Linux, and if it works on Linux it doesn't work on Windows... it's a pain.

Comment

Well, have them try the latest version on the master branch and see if that works. Accessibility is important to me, don't want to exclude anyone
                            Can't, but I'll tell you if it works on our branch. Can't touch the GPL'd stuff. Don't ask, mostly it involves how we're tying it into our auth system.

Comment

Can't, but I'll tell you if it works on our branch. Can't touch the GPL'd stuff. Don't ask, mostly it involves how we're tying it into our auth system.
                              Yeech, sorry to hear that. Not to be harsh, but if your auth security depends on code opacity, anything built with a CIL language really isn't they way to go. Run the binaries through a decompiler and you'll have most of the source code back in readable form, obfuscation notwithstanding.
                              Last edited by Jargon; 05-31-2016, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Wasn't code opacity, it was someone with GPL V2 avoidance syndrome. Long story, but I'm okay with erring on the side of respect, you know?

Comment

Working...
                                X