No announcement yet.

[FREE] Launchpad - A free, open-source UE4-compatible game launcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Success!! Config file created now and I can move forward. Will let you know if I come across anything else.

Can you update your instructions to include that as a necessary download here in particular.
    https://github.com/Nihlus/Launchpad/...per-Quickstart

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by OSIAS View Post
      Success!! Config file created now and I can move forward. Will let you know if I come across anything else.

Can you update your instructions to include that as a necessary download here in particular.
      https://github.com/Nihlus/Launchpad/...per-Quickstart

Cheers
      It was in the packaging wiki page, but I've made it more clear. Glad you got it working!
      Talk to me on qTox: E8FF4A2B55C2C3A8BC7B60F729E8884BF95CEB4FE8906AE76F5941B08E73066AF562A26C280B
      Stalk me on the IRC: jarl or jargon
      Need a launcher for your games? Check out Launchpad

Comment

Seems every time I pass a hurdle another one is placed in front of me.

I am 99% certain I have followed the Directions to a T in settings everything up. The file structure, making sure case sensitive and tested that I can login to the expected directory with the expected files in the right locations and manifests generated, .provides etc.

All I can guess is that The FTP host I am using is not allowing me to setup anonymous connections, However the config file allows for a FTP Username & Password. I have tested and confirmed the FTP Path - Username - Password and expected Path is all there and working. If I change the credentials and run it the launchpad opens and says can't connect to server. But with all the info in correctly the launchpad never launches. If I run it from cmd prompt nothing happens so no error logs to give you. If I run launchpad blank it creates your game directory and starts downloading your demo files.

To get the FTP account to work in filezilla I must use the ( Only use plain FTP Insecure ) any other TLS type settings will make it time out. I am if bluehost is some how incompatible because it doesn't allow anonymous connections...

Is this the case or can you point me in another direction to start troubleshooting.
        Thanks again in advance

Comment

It should be fine, even with those settings. Would you be comfortable PMing me your config file and letting me have a look?
          Talk to me on qTox: E8FF4A2B55C2C3A8BC7B60F729E8884BF95CEB4FE8906AE76F5941B08E73066AF562A26C280B

Comment

Well Its a good feeling to know at least one bug was not of my lack of knowledge.

FYI if your FTP requires a full email domain with your username it won't take it. Says hes looking into changing that though.

Example = Test@test.com
            Instead of just username = Test

thanks mate

Comment

Well Its a good feeling to know at least one bug was not of my lack of knowledge.

FYI if your FTP requires a full email domain with your username it won't take it. Says hes looking into changing that though.

Example = Test@test.com
              Instead of just username = Test

thanks mate
              I've released version 0.1.2 with this fix, along with some bugfixes. I also realized the launcher updater wasn't actually working, so I fixed that as well. You'll need to redownload the binaries or compile it yourself, but it should work now

Comment

I can't get it to compile again currently getting these errors when I compile

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
                Error CS0246 The type or namespace name 'WebKit' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) Launchpad.Launcher C:\Users\Osias\Downloads\Launchpad-master\Launchpad.Launcher\Unix-UI\MainWindow.cs 25 Active
                Error CS0246 The type or namespace name 'WebView' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) Launchpad.Launcher C:\Users\Osias\Downloads\Launchpad-master\Launchpad.Launcher\Unix-UI\MainWindow.cs 58 Active

Researching them says in the code we are not referencing some sort of DLL or something. No clue what to do, I can't seem to download the already compiled 0.1.2 version only the 0.1.1

Can you make the 1.2 available or tell me how to resolve.

Comment

I can't get it to compile again currently getting these errors when I compile

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
                  Error CS0246 The type or namespace name 'WebKit' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) Launchpad.Launcher C:\Users\Osias\Downloads\Launchpad-master\Launchpad.Launcher\Unix-UI\MainWindow.cs 25 Active
                  Error CS0246 The type or namespace name 'WebView' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) Launchpad.Launcher C:\Users\Osias\Downloads\Launchpad-master\Launchpad.Launcher\Unix-UI\MainWindow.cs 58 Active

Researching them says in the code we are not referencing some sort of DLL or something. No clue what to do, I can't seem to download the already compiled 0.1.2 version only the 0.1.1

Can you make the 1.2 available or tell me how to resolve.
                  Hm. Webkit should have been included in the GTK# download. Hold on, I'll update the links in the main post, seems I forgot to do that. This is a link to the binaries anyway: http://directorate.asuscomm.com/file...hpad-0.1.2.zip

Comment

I've rolled back the assembly change for the master branch - it should compile in VS again. I'll investigate further in the future.

Comment

FYI I got it all working from the 0.1.2.zip - Hooray Beer!!

However when distributing the launcher I have to have everyone install GTK for the launcher to work, is this intended? Is there a better way? Sorry if I am pain in your ****!

Comment

FYI I got it all working from the 0.1.2.zip - Hooray Beer!!

However when distributing the launcher I have to have everyone install GTK for the launcher to work, is this intended? Is there a better way? Sorry if I am pain in your ****!
                        Yes, that's the way it works right now. Eventually the WinForms UI is going away and it's going to be all GTK - less work for me x) The preferred way right now is to bundle it up as an installer package, you can check out the Inno script in the repo for some pointers.

Comment

I've released a new version of the launcher (0.2.0) with some major improvements for the future. I've torn out a large chunk of the internal workings of the software and redone it, so in the future we'll be able to use just about any download protocol you can think of. FTP is implemented as before and you won't have to do anything serverside, but I'm planning on implementing HTTP/HTTPS and BitTorrent very soon. As a side effect, I managed to optimize the FTP protocol quite a bit, so the launcher should be faster overall.

Apart from that, you can now set a direct HTTP link for the changelog, which will allow it to use CSS theming as well. Woo, cosmetics!

Comment

Originally posted by Jargon View Post
                            I've released a new version of the launcher (0.2.0) with some major improvements for the future. I've torn out a large chunk of the internal workings of the software and redone it, so in the future we'll be able to use just about any download protocol you can think of. FTP is implemented as before and you won't have to do anything serverside, but I'm planning on implementing HTTP/HTTPS and BitTorrent very soon. As a side effect, I managed to optimize the FTP protocol quite a bit, so the launcher should be faster overall.

Apart from that, you can now set a direct HTTP link for the changelog, which will allow it to use CSS theming as well. Woo, cosmetics!
                            Whoa, that's awesome! I'm excited for BitTorrent! Great news! Thanks for your hard work.

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                            Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

HTTP/HTTPS? Does this mean webserver? YES!
                              -Josh Steinhauer ~ HERO ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter

Comment

Alright, so after trying to load this into Visual Studio 2015, it seems that the Translations project is not compatible with my version of vs, and whenever I try to edit the windows-ui, I get this error:
                                Code:
                                The variable 'LocalizationCatalog' is either undeclared or was never assigned.
                                Any ideas?
                                -Josh Steinhauer ~ HERO ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X