Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[FREE] Launchpad - A free, open-source UE4-compatible game launcher

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Any services that are free/ cheap? I just need it for friends...
    -Josh Steinhauer ~ HERO ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter

    Comment


      Originally posted by joshcamas View Post
      Any services that are free/ cheap? I just need it for friends...
      You can use your computer. Set up an FTP on your network. Set up port forward rules to that PC for the FTP ports. Utilize dynamic DNS. (https://freedns.afraid.org/ works well and is free)

      If your external IP changes you need to use dynamic DNS. If it's static or rarely changes you can use just your external IP. (Dynamic DNS - Basically a program monitors your external IP and when it changes it tells another system, such as freedns.afraid.org, what it changed to.)

      Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
      Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

      Comment


        Can't Seem to Download Launchpad utilities to generate the manifest VIA the windows instructions

        http://directorate.asuscomm.com/file...dUtilities.exe

        Anyone know were else I can acquire it?
        Last edited by OSIAS; 03-02-2016, 11:52 AM.

        Comment


          Originally posted by OSIAS View Post
          Can't Seem to Download Launchpad utilities to generate the manifest VIA the windows instructions

          http://directorate.asuscomm.com/file...dUtilities.exe

          Anyone know were else I can acquire it?
          Hi OSIAS,

          It seems my file server decided to take the day off. I've put it back to work, and the files should be available again. If you have any issues with this in the future, you can always compile it from source on GitHub.
          Talk to me on qTox: E8FF4A2B55C2C3A8BC7B60F729E8884BF95CEB4FE8906AE76F5941B08E73066AF562A26C280B
          Stalk me on the IRC: jarl or jargon
          Need a launcher for your games? Check out Launchpad

          Comment


            Hey everyone!

            I've elected to alter the license I distribute Launchpad under. MIT was permissive and simple, and while that worked, I have had some changes of heart since I first wrote this program. My interest in software freedom has grown, and I'm more interested in maintaining and preserving those freedoms than I was before.

            As a result of this, I've replaced the MIT license for Launchpad with a GNU GPLv3 license instead.

            This license came into effect for Launchpad on the 3rd of March, 2016, at 12:00 GMT+1. If you downloaded or forked Launchpad before this date, the previous license (Noncommercial MIT) still applies to you. If you rebase to or use code from a commit after this date, the previous license will be revoked and you will be subject to the terms of the GNU GPLv3 license instead.

            It is my hope that this will only improve Launchpad and the games using it. All of you who have used Launchpad have been great, and I want to ensure you keep the same software freedoms I have with this program.

            And hey, you can fork, work on and sell the launcher now, which is a thing! xD

            (If you worry that this will attempt to enforce you to share any source related to your game, worry not - the license only applies to the launcher.)
            Last edited by Jargon; 05-31-2016, 07:06 PM.
            Talk to me on qTox: E8FF4A2B55C2C3A8BC7B60F729E8884BF95CEB4FE8906AE76F5941B08E73066AF562A26C280B
            Stalk me on the IRC: jarl or jargon
            Need a launcher for your games? Check out Launchpad

            Comment


              Thank You that seems to be working now but I hit another wall. The reason I didn't compile myself as I am not very familiar or comfortable with code.

              In the instructions last phase "setting up launchpad" in which I download "launchpad-0.1.1" and run it to generate the config files nothing happens. I see it start in my task manager and then disappear no errors, I try as admin as well no joy.

              I tried then grabbing the "launchpad-master" and using the default UE4 compiler IE Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015 to build it but I encounter the following:

              It says its having a problem migrating it or opening the project and its not support or the necessary applications are not installed or its not compatible. Says to look at the migration report, looking over the report I don't see anything that stands out as the issue it just says for more information please click this link.

              https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/lib...v=vs.120).aspx

              Which that is a wall of no idea where to start.

              You have been a big help thanks and please advise.

              I guess the big question for me is why isn't the launchpad.exe running and doing something? I tried incompatibility settings and run as admin it just starts and disappears in task manager. ( Win X btw )
              Last edited by OSIAS; 03-04-2016, 10:33 AM.

              Comment


                Originally posted by OSIAS View Post
                Thank You that seems to be working now but I hit another wall. The reason I didn't compile myself as I am not very familiar or comfortable with code.

                In the instructions last phase "setting up launchpad" in which I download "launchpad-0.1.1" and run it to generate the config files nothing happens. I see it start in my task manager and then disappear no errors, I try as admin as well no joy.

                I tried then grabbing the "launchpad-master" and using the default UE4 compiler IE Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015 to build it but I encounter the following:

                It says its having a problem migrating it or opening the project and its not support or the necessary applications are not installed or its not compatible. Says to look at the migration report, looking over the report I don't see anything that stands out as the issue it just says for more information please click this link.

                https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/lib...v=vs.120).aspx

                Which that is a wall of no idea where to start.

                You have been a big help thanks and please advise.

                I guess the big question for me is why isn't the launchpad.exe running and doing something? I tried incompatibility settings and run as admin it just starts and disappears in task manager. ( Win X btw )
                I haven't tried running the launcher on Win10 yet, so I can't advise much in terms of anything specific there. Could you try running the launcher from a terminal and seeing if you get any error output?
                Talk to me on qTox: E8FF4A2B55C2C3A8BC7B60F729E8884BF95CEB4FE8906AE76F5941B08E73066AF562A26C280B
                Stalk me on the IRC: jarl or jargon
                Need a launcher for your games? Check out Launchpad

                Comment


                  Originally posted by OSIAS View Post
                  Thank You that seems to be working now but I hit another wall. The reason I didn't compile myself as I am not very familiar or comfortable with code.

                  In the instructions last phase "setting up launchpad" in which I download "launchpad-0.1.1" and run it to generate the config files nothing happens. I see it start in my task manager and then disappear no errors, I try as admin as well no joy.

                  I tried then grabbing the "launchpad-master" and using the default UE4 compiler IE Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015 to build it but I encounter the following:

                  It says its having a problem migrating it or opening the project and its not support or the necessary applications are not installed or its not compatible. Says to look at the migration report, looking over the report I don't see anything that stands out as the issue it just says for more information please click this link.

                  https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/lib...v=vs.120).aspx

                  Which that is a wall of no idea where to start.

                  You have been a big help thanks and please advise.

                  I guess the big question for me is why isn't the launchpad.exe running and doing something? I tried incompatibility settings and run as admin it just starts and disappears in task manager. ( Win X btw )
                  I had the same error but it compiled without issues. I ignored it. Just a stab in the dark: I think it was just something to do with regional preferences. Like languages and stuff.

                  Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                  Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

                  Comment


                    I can't get it to compile with the default compiler I use for UE4. I have covered the issues with that, likely you have some sort of other components installed and don't know it, maybe you work with some other tools I dunno.. This is a fresh Win 10 install Maybe a Month old no extra's minus what was needed to get things working for UE4 defaults. Try that and then tell me if it still compiles..

                    Sorry for the lapse in replies been pretty busy lately.

                    Running a command prompt as admin from the directory and running Launchpad.exe no change

                    It just drops to the next line to enter in another command no output what so ever, in task manager it shows up for a brief second and then disappears.

                    Only A/V I have is Windows Defender which is built into X, I checked the quarantine folder its not being stopped there.

                    I do not know what to do from here.... Help

                    You know I will have a friend dled it on windows 10 he just upgraded last night as see if he can get it to work there. Still I don't think its the answer.... I am trying to think and all the people I could call on to try it on an older platform of windows but everyone I know has already upgraded.
                    Last edited by OSIAS; 03-10-2016, 12:03 PM.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by OSIAS View Post
                      I can't get it to compile with the default compiler I use for UE4. I have covered the issues with that, likely you have some sort of other components installed and don't know it, maybe you work with some other tools I dunno.. This is a fresh Win 10 install Maybe a Month old no extra's minus what was needed to get things working for UE4 defaults. Try that and then tell me if it still compiles..

                      Sorry for the lapse in replies been pretty busy lately.

                      Running a command prompt as admin from the directory and running Launchpad.exe no change

                      It just drops to the next line to enter in another command no output what so ever, in task manager it shows up for a brief second and then disappears.

                      Only A/V I have is Windows Defender which is built into X, I checked the quarantine folder its not being stopped there.

                      I do not know what to do from here.... Help

                      You know I will have a friend dled it on windows 10 he just upgraded last night as see if he can get it to work there. Still I don't think its the answer.... I am trying to think and all the people I could call on to try it on an older platform of windows but everyone I know has already upgraded.
                      Alright - can you gist me the full compilation logs, as well as the terminal output when you run it from the command line?
                      Talk to me on qTox: E8FF4A2B55C2C3A8BC7B60F729E8884BF95CEB4FE8906AE76F5941B08E73066AF562A26C280B
                      Stalk me on the IRC: jarl or jargon
                      Need a launcher for your games? Check out Launchpad

                      Comment


                        Wow fast reply, I just had a friend test it in Win X and its exactly the same no changes. I have the feeling this is purely a Win X compatibility issue, but what do I know...

                        can you gist me the full compilation logs?
                        Not sure what you want here, tell me what to do and I can follow instructions or point me to some tutorial method of capture. As it sits I see nothing being created so I do not see a data dump log that I would expect to see in a sub folder to forward to the developer type thing. Tell me what to do and I will get it for you.

                        Thanks

                        Comment


                          This might mean nothing or something, I had a thought about moving the folder off of the main drive to a drive that Windows X doesn't fully control with permissions per say. Ran it again now all the folders modified date inside the launchpad got updated to today's date and time. Going back to the original location copy if I run the app it does not update the date and time of those folders. I attempted the as admin again too.

                          However even still only the folders got updated and the files inside the folders did not change there time stamp. Also still no "LauncherConfig.ini" file to be found.

                          Feels like a certificate or permissions to do with a compatibility with Win X, But again what do I know. Well I do know everyone is going to upgrade for the most part to it within the next 4 Months for free.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by OSIAS View Post
                            Wow fast reply, I just had a friend test it in Win X and its exactly the same no changes. I have the feeling this is purely a Win X compatibility issue, but what do I know...



                            Not sure what you want here, tell me what to do and I can follow instructions or point me to some tutorial method of capture. As it sits I see nothing being created so I do not see a data dump log that I would expect to see in a sub folder to forward to the developer type thing. Tell me what to do and I will get it for you.

                            Thanks
                            Okay - first, I need you to compile the program from source and use pastebin or gist to send me the full output from that process - visual studio will usually open an output window.
                            Once you have compiled binaries (an .exe), you should open a terminal (cmd.exe) and navigate to the folder where you have the binary. Then, run the program from the terminal by typing its name and hitting enter. Save any output and post that to pastebin or gist as well.
                            Talk to me on qTox: E8FF4A2B55C2C3A8BC7B60F729E8884BF95CEB4FE8906AE76F5941B08E73066AF562A26C280B
                            Stalk me on the IRC: jarl or jargon
                            Need a launcher for your games? Check out Launchpad

                            Comment


                              FYI MSVS 2015 the version linked when we had to upgrade to the latest UE4 Engine.
                              Okay so back to what I initially posted about I can't compile it. If I open the launchpad-master folder and double click Launchpad.sln it launches MSVS and I get the following:

                              Unsupported
                              This version of Visual Studio is unable to open the following projects. The project types may not be installed or this version of Visual Studio may not support them.
                              For more information on enabling these project types or otherwise migrating your assets, please see the details in the "Migration Report" displayed after clicking OK.
                              - Launchpad.Translations, "C:\Users\Osias\Downloads\LauncherTest\Launchpad-master\Launchpad.Translations\Launchpad.Translations.mdproj"

                              No changes required
                              These projects can be opened in Visual Studio 2015, Visual Studio 2013, Visual Studio 2012, and Visual Studio 2010 SP1 without changing them.
                              - Launchpad.Launcher, "C:\Users\Osias\Downloads\LauncherTest\Launchpad-master\Launchpad.Launcher\Launchpad.Launcher.csproj"
                              - Launchpad.Utilities, "C:\Users\Osias\Downloads\LauncherTest\Launchpad-master\Launchpad.Utilities\Launchpad.Utilities.csproj"
                              - Launchpad, "C:\Users\Osias\Downloads\LauncherTest\Launchpad-master\Launchpad.sln"

                              I click copy and pasted the above

                              also it said this would be written to the upgrade log file in the solutions directory and I have uploaded it for availability here:
                              http://www.filedropper.com/upgradelog

                              I then click okay and MSVS finish's loading the solution. I think click "Build Solution" I copied the output and error tabs to pastebin located here
                              http://pastebin.com/PFc8EF2B

                              There was no executable created for me to cmd line launch and gather any output from.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by OSIAS View Post
                                FYI MSVS 2015 the version linked when we had to upgrade to the latest UE4 Engine.
                                Okay so back to what I initially posted about I can't compile it. If I open the launchpad-master folder and double click Launchpad.sln it launches MSVS and I get the following:

                                Unsupported
                                This version of Visual Studio is unable to open the following projects. The project types may not be installed or this version of Visual Studio may not support them.
                                For more information on enabling these project types or otherwise migrating your assets, please see the details in the "Migration Report" displayed after clicking OK.
                                - Launchpad.Translations, "C:\Users\Osias\Downloads\LauncherTest\Launchpad-master\Launchpad.Translations\Launchpad.Translations.mdproj"

                                No changes required
                                These projects can be opened in Visual Studio 2015, Visual Studio 2013, Visual Studio 2012, and Visual Studio 2010 SP1 without changing them.
                                - Launchpad.Launcher, "C:\Users\Osias\Downloads\LauncherTest\Launchpad-master\Launchpad.Launcher\Launchpad.Launcher.csproj"
                                - Launchpad.Utilities, "C:\Users\Osias\Downloads\LauncherTest\Launchpad-master\Launchpad.Utilities\Launchpad.Utilities.csproj"
                                - Launchpad, "C:\Users\Osias\Downloads\LauncherTest\Launchpad-master\Launchpad.sln"

                                I click copy and pasted the above

                                also it said this would be written to the upgrade log file in the solutions directory and I have uploaded it for availability here:
                                http://www.filedropper.com/upgradelog

                                I then click okay and MSVS finish's loading the solution. I think click "Build Solution" I copied the output and error tabs to pastebin located here
                                http://pastebin.com/PFc8EF2B

                                There was no executable created for me to cmd line launch and gather any output from.
                                Ah, now I see the issue! You need to install the GTK SDK to build the launcher, and the GTK libraries to launch it. Without them, it's not going to work Simple fix!
                                Install this (GTK# for .NET) if you want to compile or run the launcher.
                                Talk to me on qTox: E8FF4A2B55C2C3A8BC7B60F729E8884BF95CEB4FE8906AE76F5941B08E73066AF562A26C280B
                                Stalk me on the IRC: jarl or jargon
                                Need a launcher for your games? Check out Launchpad

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X