No announcement yet.

[FREE] Launchpad - A free, open-source UE4-compatible game launcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would players need gtk installed to use the launcher?

Comment

Originally posted by thejhNZ View Post
      Would players need gtk installed to use the launcher?
      Yes. You can easily bundle the dependencies with your installer.
      Talk to me on qTox: E8FF4A2B55C2C3A8BC7B60F729E8884BF95CEB4FE8906AE76F5941B08E73066AF562A26C280B
      Stalk me on the IRC: jarl or jargon
      Need a launcher for your games? Check out Launchpad

Comment

Originally posted by Ninjacoder View Post
        Forgive me if this is a simple question, but how exactly is this built cross platform? I am using Monodevelop (via Xamarin on my Mac) and it always outputs an exe. Can't seem to find where to change it to a mac/linux output. Am I missing something simple?

Edit: I think I figured out how the mono stuff works, but I am running into errors. First I had a dbus-sharp issue, so I built the dll and included it and now I am getting a webkit dll error. Has anyone had success building on Mac?

My specific error is:

Code:
        [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'WebKit.WebView' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: webkit-1.0
        Thanks!
        I'm real sorry for the late reply - I haven't been getting alerts for the thread You will need to include the dllmap file that's included in the Extras folder - without it, the main executable can't find the webkit dll and will not load.
        Talk to me on qTox: E8FF4A2B55C2C3A8BC7B60F729E8884BF95CEB4FE8906AE76F5941B08E73066AF562A26C280B

Comment

Originally posted by dbolack View Post
          Hello.

Building with VS2015 Community I had a little bit of trouble building this initially. Can you confirm the dependencies for this? I am afraid my efforts were not quite scientific and I need to make certain coworkers can duplicate the build.

Thanks.
          Certainly - you need Gtk-sharp2 and webkitgtk-cil. Both of these should be available by downloading the Gtk development package or through nuget.

Comment

Hello, thanks for Launchpad, it really helped me! But, i have few questions
            1) How does updating work? I mean, i tryed to make an update, deleted one file from game, made new manifest and so on -> launcher redownloaded whole (maybe not whole, but a big part) of the game, but file, i deleted in new patch, still exists on pc, where launcher is launched. So, launchpad dont delete files, that not exists in manifest?
            2) Downloading is really long, it took much time to download 1.25 gb client, i dont understand why?
            3) Launchpad has some UI bugs when resizing

Comment

Originally posted by stunder View Post
              Hello, thanks for Launchpad, it really helped me! But, i have few questions
              1) How does updating work? I mean, i tryed to make an update, deleted one file from game, made new manifest and so on -> launcher redownloaded whole (maybe not whole, but a big part) of the game, but file, i deleted in new patch, still exists on pc, where launcher is launched. So, launchpad dont delete files, that not exists in manifest?
              2) Downloading is really long, it took much time to download 1.25 gb client, i dont understand why?
              3) Launchpad has some UI bugs when resizing
              Hey stunder! I'm glad that Launchpad works for you.

1) The update process simply downloads new files or files that have changed. It does not delete any files - if it did, user settings or local modifications may be lost when a game updates which would be disastrous.
              2) This may be due to upload speed limits on your server. Launchpad itself is quite performant (at least in my tests).
              3) If you've found a bug, I would very much appreciate it if you made an issue on Github describing it in detail It'll help me a ton when fixing it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jargon View Post
                Hm. I'm uncertain why it would fail like that - could you try debugging it from the install location and seeing if it's failing some sort of security check? Writing to Program Files or something - I suspect that the Inno installer has set the folder permissions incorrectly and that the normal user isn't owning the launcher folder as it should. Check those and get back to me

Estimated time to completion should be doable, but I'll leave it until I drop the WinForms UI in favor of a full GTK+ UI.
                I figured it out.

Add the following between your registry and run section in Inno Setup!

[Dirs]
                Name: "{app}\"; Permissions: everyone-modify

It gives all users write permissions to the directory and fixes the crash on launch issue! Thanks for the launcher. It works great.

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

I did notice the updater crashes if I close the LaunchPad while it is downloading the game. It's not a real big issue. I imagine you're probably aware of it.

Comment

Is it possible to use Launchpad without purchasing a fileserver or using one's own computer as one? I'm wanting to make a beta test without letting my computer onto the net

(I do own a website, would that help?)
                    -Josh Steinhauer ~ HERO ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter

Comment

Download an ftp server on your computer and tell it to use localhost (ftp://127.0.0.1)

Comment

FileZilla would work... https://filezilla-project.org/

Comment

Oh, sorry I meant not using localhost as well, but using a webserver (not fileserver) or even dropbox I guess
                          -Josh Steinhauer ~ HERO ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by joshcamas View Post
                            Oh, sorry I meant not using localhost as well, but using a webserver (not fileserver) or even dropbox I guess
                            You would need the ability to install an FTP server as this program requests the files over FTP. Also, it requires anonymous read access on the FTP. Dreamhost, for example, makes you pay for anonymous read FTP access.

Comment

Originally posted by Parvan View Post
                              I figured it out.

Add the following between your registry and run section in Inno Setup!

[Dirs]
                              Name: "{app}\"; Permissions: everyone-modify

It gives all users write permissions to the directory and fixes the crash on launch issue! Thanks for the launcher. It works great.
                              Thanks! I've pushed the fix to github.

Comment

Originally posted by Parvan View Post
                                You would need the ability to install an FTP server as this program requests the files over FTP. Also, it requires anonymous read access on the FTP. Dreamhost, for example, makes you pay for anonymous read FTP access.
                                Anonymous login is not strictly neccesary - Launchpad can be configured to log in with a username and a password.

Comment

Working...
                                X