Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ASSETS] Darren's Commercially Free Music

Hello Everyone,

My name is Darren Curtis and I've been pursuing my path as a composer for the last few years. While mostly doing freelance commission work, I've also been producing free to use music along the way and am roughly up to around 80 free tracks thus far. Every single one of my pieces can be downloaded via My Website: https://www.darrencurtismusic.com

When you download a track from my website you'll receive a .zip folder that contains the .MP3, looped .OGG and uncompressed .WAV files. You'll also get a simplistic Materials Release signed by me in case you feel you might need it to prove you have my permission. If you end up needing something more in depth or you require something I haven't provided feel free to send the info to me at desperatemeasurez@yahoo.com and I'll get it back to you as soon as possible.

All I ask is to be credited for the music. If for some reason you're working on a production that can not credit, like an ad or trailer, feel free to write and let me know. I try to be flexible when it comes to most needs and I'm sure we can work it out.

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys and has a great day. If you have any questions, concerns or troubles, please feel free to contact me and I'll get back to you as soon as I'm able!

Many thanks and best wishes!
    Darren

I'm surprised nobody has commented yet. The forums have been slow since the forum theme upgrade.

These are pretty good. Thanks for sharing this with the community and good luck with your endeavors!

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
    Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

I (and probably most others) wouldnt want to download a track just to "check it out", specially not with 80 tracks in single downloads. Get them on your website to 1-click stream them

Thats not really complicated, but if you wanna be lazy about it, embedded youtube videos would work as well.

Comment

Thanks for sharing those free music, I might use some of them in near future

have a nice day to you

Folio and Others: - Portfolio - Youtube - Facebook

Comment

Wow thanks for the share. They sound excellent will have to look into this,

Comment

Parvan Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed them and I hope they are able to help in some way!

Tymax You actually don't have to download them to check them out. I apologize for being "lazy" but I do have them linked to Youtube. The site clearly reads at the top that all you have to do is click on the picture and it will take you to Youtube to preview it before you download. I spend most of my free time making music and occasionally it's free music for people to use. Sadly I'm not much on web design and I'll readily admit that. All I wanted to do was create a simple landing page to host all the stuff I made in one place. Click on the picture for a preview of the music. Click on "download" to get the track. Shouldn't be too hard to get free resources which I've spent hours and hours making for those who aren't too lazy to read and click a mouse. Considering the amount of time and money I've invested in making these tracks, I don't know if I'd call myself lazy. But who knows? Maybe I'm wrong. Best wishes!

raventhebird Thanks so much! I hope they can help! Best wishes!

karma4jake Thank you! I hope you find something useful! Have a great day!

Comment

If anyone prefers browsing through youtube, just go directly to the Playlist

@DarrenCurtis: In today's social media age kudos for even investing in a website.
              Page might not be much to look at, but the music is what counts, right? And it is pretty great.

Are all tracks in the channel made by you? (I understand that not all are free / royalty free).
              [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)
              [Free][Script] Automate Download of Mixamo Animations
              [VłĐɆØ] Performance: BP vs C++ vs Blueprint Nativization

Comment

Cpt.Trips Thanks for linking the playlist for others. Much appreciated!

Yes, I do everything on my own. Even the mixing and mastering of all the pieces. It's been a learning process over the last few years, but it's been fun (mostly!).

Yeah, to me the music is what matters most because it's what I love to do. The site was just so I could feel like I had my own space to host my stuff and to make it easy for people to find everything in one place instead of having to search through Youtube or Soundcloud. I just wanted something simple like Tabletop Audio has. His site looks a lot more professional than mine, but it's basically the same concept. It's just there to showcase the sounds. I have plans to do some changes in the near future to try to spruce it up, but for now it's doing its job.

Thanks so much!

Comment

Just curious, do you offer licensing for music in the other playlists?
                  [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)
                  [Free][Script] Automate Download of Mixamo Animations
                  [VłĐɆØ] Performance: BP vs C++ vs Blueprint Nativization

Comment

thanks, there are a couple of songs among your tracks that I can imagine in a trailer or as background music in a game.
                    "Age of Total Heroes" - RTS Pathfinding and Movement System for UE4
                    RTS Camera C++ Tutorial

Comment

Sorry for the delayed response everyone. The last half of October wasn't particularly kind to me and I had to take care of a lot of things.

Cpt.Trips Yes, I most certainly do. I'll have to organize a page on the site addressing this soon. Mostly I sell licenses at about $15 apiece which grants the developer/director up to 10,000 downloads or sales of their game/film, etc. If you are interested, send me a message at desperatemeasurez@yahoo.com and I'll get back to you!

sivan Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed them!

I have a couple new tracks uploaded. The first is a track that fuses soundscape elements interspersed with melodic phrases played by a guitar, cello and piano. It's called "Temporal Desolation."

The second is an epic dark track featuring booming percussion, choirs, an organ and lots of evolving, hybrid elements in the background. It's entitled "The Brotherhood."

Both pieces have been added to my website with their respective materials releases in the .zip files.
                      I hope everyone enjoys!
                      Best wishes!

Comment

Just stopping by to update this with a few new free tracks I've completed. The first is an intense, dark piece called "The Invasion."

Then we have an atmospheric, dystopian type outing led by guitar and piano called "The Cold Settles."

And finally a lighter track with some bittersweet vibes called "Searching, Waiting, Longing."

They're all uploaded to the website and ready to download/use.

I hope everyone had a great holiday!

Comment

Hello Everyone,

It's been awhile since I updated this but I have a few new pieces available for download. Also, due to getting the request from several people, I did some work on the site to incorporate on-board streaming. Each track can now be played in its entirety right from the site so you can decide if you want it or not.

Here are a couple of the newer tracks I've finished.

"Brace For The Storm"

"The Old Pumpkin Patch"

I hope everyone is well and enjoys!

Comment

It's been quite awhile since I've updated this, but I've come out with several new tracks which are all up on the site. I'll post just a couple of the most recent pieces I've completed.

First, a dark, apocalyptic sort of music called "Dystopian Nightmare"

And secondly, we have a Sci-Fi mixed with orchestral elements track with an epic feeling to it. It's called "Faraway Star"

I hope everyone is well and enjoys!

Comment

These are pretty good!
                              Sanctity Lost

Sanctity Lost UDK

Comment

Working...
                              X