Entire Mixamo in-place Animation Library Retargeted to Default UE4 Skeleton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entire Mixamo in-place Animation Library Retargeted to Default UE4 Skeleton

I wanted to share this archive I made using a script. Hopefully it will help some aspiring devs in saving precious time. It contains the entire in-place Mixamo animation library (1775 in-place animations). All the animations have already been batch re-targeted to the default UE4 skeleton without use of root motion(in-place). The bone hierarchy/nomenclature was perfectly matched using the default mannequin on Mixamo's site so no manually matching up bones in re-target manager. You can try adding root motion -- just check to use from first anim frame, but it doesnt look correct. These are in-place only.

The .fbx animations are without mesh, it's just the animation data. All you have to do is select all .fbx in folder and batch import the entire library into UE4 -----> Choose the default UE4 mannequin skeleton on animation import, hit import all, and everything is ready to go. Hope this saves anyone some time and have a good day!

Here is the link to the .zip on my google drive:

Sorry had to remove the link due to I guess copyright issues....
    Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.
    Last edited by Cytokinetik; 09-26-2017, 04:13 PM.

wow thx very much for this ! this will prove itself very handy for my game project i guess.
    many kudos to you !!
    stucki
    www.ofpawnsandkings.de

Comment

hey, thanks a lot!
      Edge of Chaos RTS
      "Age of Total Heroes" - RTS Pathfinding and Movement System for UE4
      RTS Camera C++ Tutorial

Comment

Thanks for this.
        It will save a lot of time for prototype and more!

Comment

wow, thank you, much appreciated

Comment

Cool.
            What did you use to rename the bones? Python?
            Check out my itch.io page, I'm really excited about it.
            https://kinos141.itch.io/

Please check out my AI package: Action AI System Feat. Stealth
            https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...m-feat-stealth
            or get it from itch
            https://kinos141.itch.io/action-ai-system-feat-stealth

Comment

The .py script I came across just downloaded all of the animations automatically. It was a few months ago before Mixamo changed their site structure. No bone renaming was required because I just used the default mannequin, uploaded to the site. If you just upload the default mannequin it skips mixamo's auto-rig stuff and preserves the ue4 skeleton/skin weights. I think it still works on the new Mixamo site too,

Comment

Amazing resource @karma4jake! Thank you so much for sharing
                [WIP] Procedural City Generator | RPG AI
                [MARKETPLACE] Animal Behavior Kit | Space Shooter Template | Procedural Foliage Tool | Procedural Park
                [FREE] Modular Road Tool | Action Platformer Template | Radar BP | Free Birds | Procedural Buildings
                Join our Discord

Comment

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2118613
                  Originally posted by JeanetteMathews
                  It is against the EULA/TOS for Adobe/Mixamo to redistribute the assets, so this would not be allowed. You can only share them in 'embedded' formats (such as within a published game, movie, illustration) or other format where the 3D data is no longer editable.
                  You cannot distribute these like this. I'd take it down and anyone who's downloaded them I'd delete them too.
                  Youtube
                  Machine Learning C++ Plugin
                  Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Oops looks like I have to take this down now. Hope it didn't damage Mixamo's stuff at all. I just figured it would save some one time because of the new way Mixamo did the ue4 fbx export. Well my mistake for sure on this....

Comment

Originally posted by karma4jake View Post
                        Oops looks like I have to take this down now. Hope it didn't damage Mixamo's stuff at all. I just figured it would save some one time because of the new way Mixamo did the ue4 fbx export. Well my mistake for sure on this....
                        http://mocap.cs.cmu.edu/
                        There is a gigantic library of mocaps free to use, and free to distribute. If you wanted to go about the trouble of retargeting your script of them to epic skeleton.
                        I'm sure the community would appreciate any types of mocap animations.
                        Someone converted the library from old mocap c3d to bvh. I found some of them a bit jittery, but havent touched the site in years.
                        https://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed.c...bvh-conversion

Comment

Awesome I will look into this

Comment

As for the Mixamo animations, I'll dust off my download script that I posted here a while ago and see if anything got broken by changes on the site... This way everybody interested in the anim library could populate their account with those anims and download everything much more conveniently (and as far as I can think this does not violate any TOS).
                            [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)
                            [Free][Script] Automate Download of Mixamo Animations
                            [VłĐɆØ] Performance: BP vs C++ vs Blueprint Nativization

Comment

Sweet, yes that is the script that I had found before. Thanks so much for creating that script and making it available, you are truly a genius. I needed that script again to use it with a regular mixamo character instead of uploading the mannequin to mixamo. This way it would be a regular mixamo skeleton involved and root bone/root motion could be batch added into the entire library for proper use in ue4.

Comment

Working...
                              X