No announcement yet.

CinemaGrass - Free Extreme Grass for Cinematic Projects or Small Areas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ASSETS] CinemaGrass - Free Extreme Grass for Cinematic Projects or Small Areas

This is a patch of grass I made with 4 LODs. It would be very suitable for arch vis, or for any scenes/cinematics that you want to pre-render. It makes for very beautiful and lush plains and forests. But, it would be unsuitable for real-time use, as the average poly-count for a large field of grass can be between 60,000,000 and 350,000,000 polygons.

I had originally used this asset for a small pre-rendered sequence used in an opening for a 2D video game that's being developed in a different engine. But, I thought that others would find this model useful for a similar purpose. It's got some basic wind deformation in the grass material.

Each blade of grass is roughly 50 polygons on the highest LOD.

LOD0 = 115,200 Triangles
    LOD1 = 23,040 Triangles
    LOD2 = 11,520 Triangles
    LOD3 = 7,776 Triangles

Now, why is the lowest poly count for a piece of foliage so high? Well... LOD3 appears so small on the screen so you may want to have the cull distance set soon after that last LOD transition.

If I get time in the future, I'll post some alternate versions of this, including mowed grass, smaller chunks etc. Took me about 1hr 30mins to upload this one xD

DOWNLOAD HERE:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...GI5OGZDek1CcXM

Here's some screenshots:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PV1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	622.4 KB
ID:	1226214

Name:	PV3.jpg
Size:	753.7 KB
ID:	1226223

Name:	PV2.jpg
Size:	696.1 KB
ID:	1226228

Name:	PV4.jpg
Size:	399.9 KB
ID:	1226229
    Last edited by Zetaneko; 08-03-2017, 07:09 AM.

Neat! Thanks for sharing.

*murders framerate*

Comment

Thanks guy

Comment

Thank alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Zetaneko View Post
          This is a patch of grass I made with 4 LODs. It would be very suitable for arch vis, or for any scenes/cinematics that you want to pre-render. It makes for very beautiful and lush plains and forests. But, it would be unsuitable for real-time use, as the average poly-count for a large field of grass can be between 60,000,000 and 350,000,000 polygons.

I had originally used this asset for a small pre-rendered sequence used in an opening for a 2D video game that's being developed in a different engine. But, I thought that others would find this model useful for a similar purpose. It's got some basic wind deformation in the grass material.

Each blade of grass is roughly 50 polygons on the highest LOD.

LOD0 = 115,200 Triangles
          LOD1 = 23,040 Triangles
          LOD2 = 11,520 Triangles
          LOD3 = 7,776 Triangles

Now, why is the lowest poly count for a piece of foliage so high? Well... LOD3 appears so small on the screen so you may want to have the cull distance set soon after that last LOD transition.

If I get time in the future, I'll post some alternate versions of this, including mowed grass, smaller chunks etc. Took me about 1hr 30mins to upload this one xD

DOWNLOAD HERE:
          https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...GI5OGZDek1CcXM

Here's some screenshots:
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]150692[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]150702[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]150707[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]150708[/ATTACH]
          When is the mowed grass coming?

Comment

Working...
          X