Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Tutorial] 6-DOF Flying Pawn (Like Descent)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustinSA View Post
    To get the reflections are you attaching a reflection sphere to the pawn?
    You talkin' to me? There's sphere reflection actors throughout the content example level I'm using. However, Reflection actors only work with static lighting and can't be attached to an actor as they aren't dynamically updated.

Comment

Hi and thanks for this epic tutorial!

I made a small modification and added Rotation at buttons Q and E instead of LookUp and Turn (In the following screenshot i name it "Strafe").

Click image for larger version

Name:	6dof-blueprint.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	1087613

Controls work fine but in this part I have 3 issues:
      1. When i touch a wall my pawn spins chaoticly. How can totaly reduce this?
      2. Pawn's Forward and Right direactions are different that World's Forward and Right. I mean, I can turn 180 degrees and by pressing W the pawn will be moving backwards like a car on reverse.

Name:	pawn-movement.bmp
Size:	338.6 KB
ID:	1087615
      3. How can I make the pawn to turn Up/Down , Left/Right with mouse? (I have axis mapping "LookUp" and "Turn" as in the tutorial). I just want to be able to dive or rise based on mouse directions.

Thanks!

Comment

Hmmm. Everything there looks good. the tutorial is wildly out of doubt, so I rebuilt the pawn in 4.9 and here's the new graph:

Pay close attention to how I had to build the pawn. I replaced the "Default Scene Node" component with the static mesh, and that seems to make everything work well.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Tom!
          I can now move around with mouse

If I touch a wall I still spin chaoticly (this happens only in flying pawn cases).
          Does this has to do with Linear and Angular velocity that we set 1.0 in the first steps?

I try to delete "Default Root Scene" and make my pawn exactly like in your example.
          But when I remove "Default Root Scene" the pawn is totaly broken.

Thank you for your time sir!

Name:	attribs.jpg
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1087683

Comment

Hi guys,
            I have small problem with this tutorial because in newest UE is not possible to connect Actor Rotation with Up Vector like on screenshot and now i can't move my character (apart from turning using "Q" or "E" and looking around using the mouse). How it can be resolve?

Comment

Originally posted by VoguslavGamer View Post
              Hi guys,
              I have small problem with this tutorial because in newest UE is not possible to connect Actor Rotation with Up Vector like on screenshot
              I've just tried it and it is?

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                I've just tried it and it is?
                What do you mean?

Comment

There's nothing stopping you from getting the up vector from a rotator.

Comment

Working...
                  X