No announcement yet.

[Free][Windows only] UE4Duino 2 - Arduino (COM port) communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RVillani Thanks for this plugin - it's incredible. Do you plan on ever making it compatible with Mac?

Comment

Originally posted by jessekirbs View Post
      RVillani Thanks for this plugin - it's incredible. Do you plan on ever making it compatible with Mac?
      Thanks! I can't take all the credit. I can't take most of it actually haha. I just improved an existing plugin.
      No plans for Mac. I'm not a fan of Apple, I don't own one and don't plan on doing so. It's too expensive compared to building a PC of same power and not cool for gaming.
      Sorry for the rant, but I don't wanna create false hope xD
      Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
      Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

Hello,

I finally did it (USB HID communication on Unreal Engine), but I don't think you will be able to implement it in your plugin since it's a little special plugin I did.

I splitted the plugin into two parts, one is to use my program with a little modification applied: https://www.codeproject.com/Articles...ices-using-HID

And I used a short code C++ plugin that will communicate with the previous tool in order to have the USB data inside unreal engine.

So, how do you want that, a tutorial or I give you a template + the USB tool.

I tried to implement the USB tool inside a C++ plugin, but it crashed and slowed the game since I need an infinite loop in my USB tool.

Comment

Hey folks,
          I came across some weird behaviour regarding keyframes in recorded Takes.
          I have a simple cube that I constantly rotate by a fixed value around itself using the "AddRelativeRotation" node. Recording that using the Take Recorder I get an animation curve that looks like this.

stepped animation curve

I rather assumed a straight linear curve. Also I can't explain myself why there a always 2 keyframes "inside" the same frame. I thought I would get 1 keyframe per frame.
          In the Take Recorder I set "Remove redundant tracks" to false as well as "Reduce Keys". However, enabling "Reduce Keys" shows the same behaviour.
          BTW: this behaviour is also shown when recording data received via Arduino or from a Vive tracker.

Hopefully someone can help me out on this one.
          cheers!

Comment

Hello everyone,
            I have been working with this library it is really good.
            I started a project in which I am making a graphic user interface using the unreal engine for a Scara Robot.
            I am using this library for serial communication.
            the problem I have is that :
            I want to make the serial port variable "Arduino " in your case general, in other meaning, I have different widget display in which I want to interact with them all.
            since I am new to blueprints. i tried to create the "Arduino" variable in my character and then use it's reference in widgets .
            the question is that :
            IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE THE SERIAL PORT VARIABLE "arduino" a reference or should i create a new variable and open the port and close it whenever i open a new widget .
            or it is possible to create a global "arduino variable " and use the method get player character to get it the other widgets.
            thank you , i hope that i have explained my problem well .

Comment

Hi guys. Also new here regarding Arduino UE4 communication. The UE4Duino plugin is installed. I need the simplest sketch and blueprint to start with. A push button with Arduino that will turn on/off a light in Unreal. Any help?

Comment

hi thank you for this excellent plugin, can i make this able to support 4.25 or 4.26?

Comment

Hi all.

Not sure if what I am experiencing is a bug or intended functionality, but I am trying to read sensor data from an arduino nano 33 ble in unreal engine, but it can't read in any data unless the arduino serial monitor has been ran prior to running unreal engine.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a way to avoid this?

Cheers.

Comment

Updates for 4.26.1?
                    Last edited by MAKSIM; 02-17-2021, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephy Muspellheim View Post
                      Hi all.

Not sure if what I am experiencing is a bug or intended functionality, but I am trying to read sensor data from an arduino nano 33 ble in unreal engine, but it can't read in any data unless the arduino serial monitor has been ran prior to running unreal engine.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a way to avoid this?

Cheers.
                      Make sure your blueprint/code is closing the serial connection when you close the game/exit the level. And also flush when connecting to it to avoid getting old data accumulated in the serial.

Comment

Originally posted by MAKSIM View Post
                        Updates for 4.26.1?
                        Done. https://github.com/RVillani/UE4Duino/releases/tag/2.2.5

Comment

Working...
                        X