No announcement yet.

[Free][Windows only] UE4Duino 2 - Arduino (COM port) communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RVillani Thanks for this plugin - it's incredible. Do you plan on ever making it compatible with Mac?

Comment

Originally posted by jessekirbs View Post
      RVillani Thanks for this plugin - it's incredible. Do you plan on ever making it compatible with Mac?
      Thanks! I can't take all the credit. I can't take most of it actually haha. I just improved an existing plugin.
      No plans for Mac. I'm not a fan of Apple, I don't own one and don't plan on doing so. It's too expensive compared to building a PC of same power and not cool for gaming.
      Sorry for the rant, but I don't wanna create false hope xD
      Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
      Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

Hello,

I finally did it (USB HID communication on Unreal Engine), but I don't think you will be able to implement it in your plugin since it's a little special plugin I did.

I splitted the plugin into two parts, one is to use my program with a little modification applied: https://www.codeproject.com/Articles...ices-using-HID

And I used a short code C++ plugin that will communicate with the previous tool in order to have the USB data inside unreal engine.

So, how do you want that, a tutorial or I give you a template + the USB tool.

I tried to implement the USB tool inside a C++ plugin, but it crashed and slowed the game since I need an infinite loop in my USB tool.

Comment

Hey folks,
          I came across some weird behaviour regarding keyframes in recorded Takes.
          I have a simple cube that I constantly rotate by a fixed value around itself using the "AddRelativeRotation" node. Recording that using the Take Recorder I get an animation curve that looks like this.

stepped animation curve

I rather assumed a straight linear curve. Also I can't explain myself why there a always 2 keyframes "inside" the same frame. I thought I would get 1 keyframe per frame.
          In the Take Recorder I set "Remove redundant tracks" to false as well as "Reduce Keys". However, enabling "Reduce Keys" shows the same behaviour.
          BTW: this behaviour is also shown when recording data received via Arduino or from a Vive tracker.

Hopefully someone can help me out on this one.
          cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X