Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Free][Windows only] UE4Duino 2 - Arduino (COM port) communication

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Point View Post
    Здраствуйте. Будет ли релиз под версию 4.22.3?
    You can use the 4.22.0 version. Unreal doesn't require recompilation of the plugins for minor version updates.
    https://github.com/RVillani/UE4Duino...ses/tag/v2.2.4
    Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
    Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

    Comment


      i've question, is it possible to link multiple arduino on unreal?, if it possible then how ?. by using this plugin, thanks in advance

      Comment


        Originally posted by RVillani View Post

        You can use the 4.22.0 version. Unreal doesn't require recompilation of the plugins for minor version updates.
        https://github.com/RVillani/UE4Duino...ses/tag/v2.2.4
        Had to recompile to get 4.22.3 to open :-\
        Last edited by reedandrader; 08-05-2019, 01:58 PM.

        Comment


          Anyone have slow down issues?

          I have a 3 potentionmeter color RGB color mixer setup in UE4 and after a few minutes things seem to slow to a crawl. I just started using flush port after a delay of a few seconds and that seems to keep things fast but there is a pretty ugly couple frame drop for a split second while the flush propagates and UE4 reobtains the values from the arduino.

          Any tips?

          Comment


            Hi thank you for this awesome plugin. Everything works fine in the editor (4.21). But in the packaged game, the game crashes when the RFID Reader, reads the line. Have you any idea how can i fix this?

            Comment


              Originally posted by acttogreen View Post
              i've question, is it possible to link multiple arduino on unreal?, if it possible then how ?. by using this plugin, thanks in advance
              It's possible by instantiating two Serial variables and using each one for a different Arduino connection.
              Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
              Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

              Comment


                Originally posted by reedandrader View Post
                Anyone have slow down issues?

                I have a 3 potentionmeter color RGB color mixer setup in UE4 and after a few minutes things seem to slow to a crawl. I just started using flush port after a delay of a few seconds and that seems to keep things fast but there is a pretty ugly couple frame drop for a split second while the flush propagates and UE4 reobtains the values from the arduino.

                Any tips?
                Perhaps Arduino is spitting information so fast that when you flush there's too much info to clear the comms. I'd flush every frame. That way each flush is faster and you never get too behind with the data from Arduino.
                Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Raumgleiter View Post
                  Hi thank you for this awesome plugin. Everything works fine in the editor (4.21). But in the packaged game, the game crashes when the RFID Reader, reads the line. Have you any idea how can i fix this?
                  It'll be really tough to find out what the problem is without seeing your code/blueprints. Does it crash if just send and receive some data from Arduino too? I mean, when you do simple comms, without using the RFID sensor.
                  Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                  Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by RVillani View Post

                    It'll be really tough to find out what the problem is without seeing your code/blueprints. Does it crash if just send and receive some data from Arduino too? I mean, when you do simple comms, without using the RFID sensor.
                    Hello, thanks for your super fast response. After a few hours digging, I do not think the plugin causes the crash. It's probably a structure call. Thank you anyway

                    Comment


                      Any guy can tell me how to convert the ReadBytes function's output to hex?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by WiHilliman丶 View Post
                        Any guy can tell me how to convert the ReadBytes function's output to hex?
                        If you're using C++, there's this function: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...Hex/index.html
                        In Blueprints, I think you'll have to write your own.

                        Left digit will be byte / 16. Right digit will be byte % 16.
                        Then you'll need a function to convert values higher than 9 to letters from A to F, for both digits.
                        Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                        Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

                        Comment


                          Hello,
                          I'm on unreal engine 4.22.3 and am not seeing the close port blueprint.
                          I've tried simply moving the folder like the read me says and also have tried having only the source folder placed in the plugins folder and letting the engine rebuild it but i still only see the open serial port, int to bytes and bytes to stuff.

                          I've also tried installing unreal engine 4.21.2 and using the 4.21 binaries with the same result. (also tried rebuilding with the source folder here and same results)

                          am i doing something wrong?
                          I'm trying to find a way to output values through a serial port to a python code to then run the arduino.

                          Comment


                            Thank you for building this plugin, it looks great! Quick question: Is there a built-in method of transferring data from UE4 to the Arduino IDE? For example, I want to get the vector location of an object in-game in the Arduino code.
                            Thank you!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by ShannonKoh View Post
                              Hello, I'm on unreal engine 4.22.3 and am not seeing the close port blueprint.
                              It's part of the functions for a Serial variable. So you can only call this function when you drag a line from one.
                              Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                              Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by meuliano View Post
                                Thank you for building this plugin, it looks great! Quick question: Is there a built-in method of transferring data from UE4 to the Arduino IDE? For example, I want to get the vector location of an object in-game in the Arduino code.
                                Thank you!
                                I think your terminology is wrong because you can't send stuff to the IDE, but if I understood you correctly, you can send floats to Arduino and read them using the example code in the .ino file that comes with the plugin. It's commented, so you'll know what I mean. But you might have problems to read 3 floats in sequence, like in a Vector. 3 floats will be sent as 12 bytes, but if you do that each frame, there's no guarantee that Arduino and UE are in sync and you might read a float (4 bytes) that's actually 2 bytes from one float and 2 from another (and problems like that). So you'd need to somehow make sure you're reading the right bytes. I've written on some post on this thread about a protocol scheme I do in UE to sync data with Arduino. You'd need to do that in the Arduino code. Do a search for protocol. It's one of the biggest posts that pop up in the results.
                                Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                                Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X