No announcement yet.

Open RTS Plugin for Unreal Engine 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey npruehs, I'm attempting to install your plugin on 4.20.2 but when I try to build I'm getting a build error on : UE4Editor-RTS.dll

When rebuilding through the unreal project launcher I'm getting RTS could no be compiled. Try rebuilidng from source manually.
    Perhaps engine version?

The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:
    RTSPlugin

Would you like to rebuild them now?

Thanks!

Comment

SyNxEr Hi, you can do it simply by yourself. Download the Visual Studio Community 2017 Edition from Microsoft.
      Then follow these Instructions: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...ualStudioSetup
      After that right-click on the Open RTS Plugin project file and create the Visual studio svn files and then open it in Visual Studio and recompile it.
      Hope this Helps.

Comment

Originally posted by npruehs View Post
        Hey TriNityGER! Sure, this shouldn't be much of an issue, will take a look at that soon. Also, there's https://github.com/npruehs/ue4-rts/issues/63 for this (don't know whether you've started that one?)
        Haha sorry for never getting back on you! Nope that wasn't me^^ Maybe I can try compiling it for 4.20 and soon 4.21. May I fork the repo and provide a download for it then?

Comment

Ohh ok my mistake, thought it would be compatible. Yes a fork would be nice.;-)

Comment

Originally posted by MesherKnesher View Post
            SyNxEr Hi, you can do it simply by yourself. Download the Visual Studio Community 2017 Edition from Microsoft.
            Then follow these Instructions: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...ualStudioSetup
            After that right-click on the Open RTS Plugin project file and create the Visual studio svn files and then open it in Visual Studio and recompile it.
            Hope this Helps.
            MesherKnesher thanks for the reply, I browsed to the RTS.uproject file, right clicked > Generate Visual Studio Project Files > Selected 4.20 Engine > Opened up the RTS.SLN (solution file) in VS2017 Community > Hit F5 to Build\Debug

Here is the output log:

1>------ Build started: Project: RTS, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
            1>Creating makefile for hot reloading RTSEditor (no existing makefile)
            1>Compiling game modules for hot reload
            1>Performing full C++ include scan (no include cache file)
            1>Using Visual Studio 2017 14.15.26726 toolchain (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.15.26726) and Windows 10.0.16299.0 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10).
            1>Parsing headers for RTSEditor
            1> Running UnrealHeaderTool "D:\UE4-RTS-Plugin\ue4-rts-develop\Source\RTS\RTS.uproject" "D:\UE4-RTS-Plugin\ue4-rts-develop\Source\RTS\Intermediate\Build\Win64\RTSEditor\Development\RTSEditor.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
            1>Reflection code generated for RTSEditor in 7.1477167 seconds
            1>Building 13 actions with 12 processes...
            1> [1/13] PCLaunch.rc
            1> [2/13] PCLaunch.rc
            1> [3/13] SharedPCH.Engine.cpp
            1> [4/13] Module.RTSPlugin.gen.3_of_3.cpp
            1> [5/13] Module.RTSPlugin.gen.2_of_3.cpp
            1>D:\UE4-RTS-Plugin\ue4-rts-develop\Source\RTS\Plugins\RTSPlugin\Source\RTSPlugin/Classes/RTSMinimapWidget.h(90): error C2143: syntax error: missing ';' before '*'
            1>D:\UE4-RTS-Plugin\ue4-rts-develop\Source\RTS\Plugins\RTSPlugin\Source\RTSPlugin/Classes/RTSMinimapWidget.h(90): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
            1>D:\UE4-RTS-Plugin\ue4-rts-develop\Source\RTS\Plugins\RTSPlugin\Source\RTSPlugin/Classes/RTSMinimapWidget.h(90): error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'
            1>D:\UE4-RTS-Plugin\ue4-rts-develop\Source\RTS\Plugins\RTSPlugin\Source\RTSPlugin/Classes/RTSMinimapWidget.h(83): warning C4996: 'UUserWidget::NativePaint': Please override the other version of NativePaint that accepts all the parameters, not just the paint context. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
            1> Runtime\UMG\Public\Blueprint/UserWidget.h(1040): note: see declaration of 'UUserWidget::NativePaint'
            1> [6/13] Module.RTSPlugin.gen.1_of_3.cpp
            1> [7/13] PCH.RTS.cpp
            1> [8/13] Module.RTSPlugin.cpp
            1>D:\UE4-RTS-Plugin\ue4-rts-develop\Source\RTS\Plugins\RTSPlugin\Source\RTSPlugin\Classes\RTSMinimapWidget.h(83): warning C4996: 'UUserWidget::NativePaint': Please override the other version of NativePaint that accepts all the parameters, not just the paint context. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
            1> D:\Unreal Engine\UE_4.20\Engine\Source\Runtime\UMG\Public\Blueprint/UserWidget.h(1040): note: see declaration of 'UUserWidget::NativePaint'
            1>D:\UE4-RTS-Plugin\ue4-rts-develop\Source\RTS\Plugins\RTSPlugin\Source\RTSPlugin\Private\RTSMinimapWidget.cpp(133): warning C4996: 'UUserWidget::NativePaint': Please override the other version of NativePaint that accepts all the parameters, not just the paint context. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
            1> D:\Unreal Engine\UE_4.20\Engine\Source\Runtime\UMG\Public\Blueprint/UserWidget.h(1040): note: see declaration of 'UUserWidget::NativePaint'
            1> [9/13] RTS.cpp
            1> [10/13] UE4Editor-RTS-6951.lib
            1> Creating library D:\UE4-RTS-Plugin\ue4-rts-develop\Source\RTS\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\RTS\UE4Editor-RTS-6951.lib and object D:\UE4-RTS-Plugin\ue4-rts-develop\Source\RTS\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\RTS\UE4Editor-RTS-6951.exp
            1> [11/13] UE4Editor-RTS-6951.dll
            1> Creating library D:\UE4-RTS-Plugin\ue4-rts-develop\Source\RTS\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\RTS\UE4Editor-RTS-6951.suppressed.lib and object D:\UE4-RTS-Plugin\ue4-rts-develop\Source\RTS\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\RTS\UE4Editor-RTS-6951.suppressed.exp
            1>UnrealBuildTool : error : UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: D:\UE4-RTS-Plugin\ue4-rts-develop\Source\RTS\Plugins\RTSPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-RTSPlugin-5923.dll
            1> (see ../Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Log.txt for full exception trace)
            1>Total build time: 62.93 seconds (Parallel executor: 0.00 seconds)
            1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3075: The command ""D:\Unreal Engine\UE_4.20\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" RTSEditor Win64 Development "D:\UE4-RTS-Plugin\ue4-rts-develop\Source\RTS\RTS.uproject" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
            1>Done building project "RTS.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
            ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Comment

SyNxEr that has overlapped, the plugin is no longer in active development, as TriNityGER already said that he could provide a working fork for us.

Comment

SyNxEr , i have looked at the error and get it compile succesfully by using.

instaed of:

ARTSFogOfWarActor* FogOfWarActor;

use:

class ARTSFogOfWarActor* FogOfWarActor;

Tested on UE4 20.3.

Hope this helps at this moment.

Comment

Thanks MesherKnesher

Comment

I think my message will help the new ones who will read this. Download and install Visual Studio 17. Download plugin from Github. Download Unreal Engine 4 via Epic Launcher. Extract downloaded plugin. In source there will be .uproject file, click RMB on it and click Regenerate project files. Open .sln file via Visual Studio. Wait some time until everything loaded and find RTSMinimapWidget.h Click on it and look for ARTSFogOfWarActor* FogOfWarActor; Add class word in the beggining so it will look like - class ARTSFogOfWarActor* FogOfWarActor; save file. Now click F5 and wait until it compile. Close everything ad open uproject via LMB. That's all.

Comment

Hey everyone,

just a quick update on this one - the plugin should now run fine up to Unreal Engine 4.21

I'm planning to put in a little more activity here again, but an upcoming release could demand much of my time. Stay tuned!

Best regards,
                      Nick

Comment

I have been waiting for 4.21 support for the RTS plugin.

Checking it out now

Comment

This is amazing! Great job!

Comment

Will 4.22 be also supported ?

Comment

New attack has been added. How to make medical units? And the damage of the selected unit under the cursor
                              Last edited by Odin_Ivan; 05-21-2019, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Can anyone help me try to install the plugin to my editor? I’m having issues and have never added one before. So may need a step by step guide lmfao.
                                also does this plugin help with pathfinding AI by chance?

Comment

Working...
                                X