Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[UPDATED 5/16] A.I. Templates - Bot, Car, & +Flying AI

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by Fen View Post
    Hello,
    you would go check again now : this trouble has been solved and projects are now ready for download again.
    I'm afraid I'm still getting the same error

    Comment


      #32
      :-( maybe a cache trouble. now when you go at the start of this thread you no more have link "download from dropbox baby ^^" but "download" which point to mediafire files.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by LHutz View Post
        Hi Peter, I've been watching some of your videos and I'm learning a lot from them. I think that there are some problems with your dropbox, as I get an "Error (509) This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!" whenever I try to download the PDF Breakdown.

        Would you be able to upload it somewhere else?

        Thanks a lot!
        Thanks LHutz, and Fen is right. The post has been updated with new links to mediafire. Try Ctrl+F5!

        Comment


          #34
          Hello,
          at first i thought i did something wrong somewhere but it seems that there have been some changes with blutility from 4.3 to 4.4, because other people reports no more having function button appearing.

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Fen View Post
            Hello,
            at first i thought i did something wrong somewhere but it seems that there have been some changes with blutility from 4.3 to 4.4, because other people reports no more having function button appearing.
            I'm checking it out now. I'll let you know if I have any issues.

            Update

            I'm working on discovering what changed.

            #2

            The source is unchanged. Interesting.
            Last edited by PeterLNewton; 08-22-2014, 01:33 PM.

            Comment


              #36
              I tried checking out the: "Attack/Search/Patrol TPP A.I." and on my macbook pro it will not load. It hangs at the loading screen. Any ideas what might cause this?
              Mike "Z"
              UI / Game Designer
              LinkedIn

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by mikezteh69 View Post
                I tried checking out the: "Attack/Search/Patrol TPP A.I." and on my macbook pro it will not load. It hangs at the loading screen. Any ideas what might cause this?
                Currently handling some issues with transfer to 4.4. The project is rejecting some old assets which is causing problems for me. Its possible the same thing is happening for you.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Ok thank you for the update. I am having the strangest problems understanding AI so I would love to dig through this Thanks for all your hard work!!
                  Mike "Z"
                  UI / Game Designer
                  LinkedIn

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Hey Everyone,

                    I'm currently working on a Market Place item. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free! Thanks again for participating in this community project.

                    Peace
                    Peter

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Hello Peter!
                      I really like your tutorials and the effort you put into them.
                      I've followed your AI + Navmesh tutorials and it works quite well, but I'm interested in a different way of AI and I was hoping you could help me with that.

                      My goal is to recreate the monster AI from Doom. Not sure if you're familiar with the game, but it's one of my favourite games of all time!
                      Now the patrol-search-destroy AI doesn't work for this formula. In Doom, enemies roam around and don't follow straight paths. They don't follow waypoints, but instead 'search' for the player after they spotted or heard him. Also they only attack the player periodically instead of continuously.
                      Also I would like to know if AI Trees are working in multiplayer or if you know some tricks to get them to work properly in multiplayer on server+client.

                      Thanks and keep it up!

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by Blue669 View Post
                        Hello Peter!
                        I really like your tutorials and the effort you put into them.
                        I've followed your AI + Navmesh tutorials and it works quite well, but I'm interested in a different way of AI and I was hoping you could help me with that.

                        My goal is to recreate the monster AI from Doom. Not sure if you're familiar with the game, but it's one of my favourite games of all time!
                        Now the patrol-search-destroy AI doesn't work for this formula. In Doom, enemies roam around and don't follow straight paths. They don't follow waypoints, but instead 'search' for the player after they spotted or heard him. Also they only attack the player periodically instead of continuously.
                        Also I would like to know if AI Trees are working in multiplayer or if you know some tricks to get them to work properly in multiplayer on server+client.

                        Thanks and keep it up!
                        Hey Blue669,

                        Thanks for that Blue! I'm glad I could help.

                        There is many different ways to do this. First off, yes BT and everything works online. What you have to do get the Pawn Sensing Component which allows your AI to see other pawns, hear other pawns with emitters, and from there you can expand on your sensory system. I assume they would loosely follow paths but priority is the player. I've been really everywhere sorry but message me if you need any help!

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Hey peter I love your tutorial on the attack/search/patrol ai, and I've gotten it to work flawlessly before, with shooting included. I've started a new project, and imported the blueprints, and had to rebuild a few portions of them. As far as my scrutiny can tell, it's exactly like the one I had before, just context sensitive, but when the bot sees me he just sits there. I checked his AI tree during runtime, and He sees me, has me listed as the enemyactor, but the tree is stuck on BTT_MoveToEnemy. What do you think could be happening?Click image for larger version

Name:	bot problem.png
Views:	1
Size:	298.4 KB
ID:	1056659



                          EDIT: It is also interesting to note that the bot only sees me when I have the BTS_BotDetectEnemy line trace set to camera and not visibility, What's up with that?
                          Last edited by Ascendancy; 09-13-2014, 02:11 PM.
                          Website: http://www.NonLocalitySoftware.com
                          Facebook: www.facebook.com/NonLocalitySoftware
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/NonLocality_Dev
                          Instagram: @nonlocalitysoftware
                          Discord: ASCII#1124

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Hi Peter ! First of all thank you for this awesome suite of tutorials, this is just awesome !

                            I did your tutorial using UE 4.4 and it seems that the behavior tree isn't working fine.

                            This issue is the following, on your tutorial I only use the "Move to point" part, I only need for my project to have a pawn walk to different point ( so I only use the left part of the tree ).

                            Thing is after the first way point, when my pawn arrives, he doesn't update the route and he seems stuck on the first one, switching to an idle position.

                            Would you have any idea about it ? I do have the Decoration to update the route.

                            Thank you again and when this bug is resolved I'll translate all of this in C++

                            Comment


                              #44
                              @SilentX`: plz reupload images in i.imgur.com(with https) or attached it here. all images are down. plz dont use dropbox link

                              Error (509)
                              This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Hi Peter.
                                I am trying to replicate your CAR AI project in UE version 4.4.3. First I tried to copy the structure of the project but it did not work (I think I have missed something there) . When I try to open your project in v 4.3.1 it runs smoothly. But Can not open it in v 4.4.3 nor can I replicate the project in 4.4.3. Is there a guide line for CAR AI project so I can use in 4.4.3 and future releases.
                                Thank you.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X