[UPDATED 5/16] A.I. Templates - Bot, Car, & +Flying AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeterLNewton View Post
    Oh okay, yes I'll have to make some additions to have client network support for multi-crew! Its the hope to have AI drive the vehicle for a player, and the player could shoot out the window or off the warthog as they reach a destination.
    I am making racing game where are 5-6 tracks, and 3-5 cars. Tracks are almost ready, cars I have with damage. I am making so basic racing game with or without damage. And need package which helps with car ai and making racing game. Game will be single player and I also consider "career-mode" where palyer for eg get points from each race and after all races total points etc. Also think that how car selection widget are making. but everything which include these properties will help me. And hope something is coming later this year. Car game is my end year project after summer

And I would easily pay for this kind of "full" racing package everything between 150-300€:s, it would be worth of it
    Last edited by tero83; 04-16-2016, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Concerning the Car AI;
      As I see here it is for Racing Games (which is not my interest) and do not know if it may work for Archviz projects (as in my case) where I use matinee to create a video (used for Architectural Presentation)...
      the video may contain an animated vehicle(s) along a path (linear OR curved); moreover the vehicle may stop completely at the endpoint of that path (just like parking)...
      OR something like what I found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUqH7Dyy3GA

BTW; does your CAR AI in this thread can achieve this case (I mean the ability to stop the car at the end of its animation..!!?)

Best Regards
      Forgive me; for poor English language

Comment

Tried myself learn car ai. It is very difficult to learn. It is simple to get car drive lap and time, but AI. But hope in end of the year somene will publish some AI package or racing game package

Comment

Originally posted by masterneme View Post
          Peter I just finished your AI videos and I got the bot going through the waypoints but not attacking.

There was an error on one of the branches in the Detect Service:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82015[/ATTACH]

Switching the results fixed it.

In other words, switch the true node to false and the false node to true, making sure that when the bot finds the player the state activated is Attack.
          Cheers, that worked for me. However, the AI can shoot me through walls. :/ Any ideas for a fix?

Comment

Hey Peter, nice AI

here a few things that would be nice:
            - possibillity to set up the waypoints/track at the car itselfes.
            - a barrier detection.
            - a few racing opitions

Comment

I think same than LxxL that AI and also few racing options would be great

Comment

Hey Newton, regarding the attack, search and patrol AI, how is the logic selecting the "MyCharactor" actor as a target to move to and attack? I want target a new character and I think it has something to do with the casting however everything I have tried so far doesn't seem to work. I also can't find the specific part in the tutorials that sets up the bot vs mycharacter mechanics.
                Atoms4D - Indie VR Game atoms4d.com *site needs updating(soon)*
                XAXISvr - A Marketplace for VR Dev's: xaxisvr.com
                Owen Prescott - Official Concept Art & Design: owenprescott.com

Comment

Hi ... a little advice from me for all who wants to have a little bit more dynamic: add a random vector to the waypoint Location

Comment

hi i would like to ask how to set this up(car ai). i made new map set few waypoints and placed bot ai but bot wont move, how do i tell bot what kind of waypoints to follow?

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyHorrorOnlyHardcore View Post
                      hi i would like to ask how to set this up(car ai). i made new map set few waypoints and placed bot ai but bot wont move, how do i tell bot what kind of waypoints to follow?
                      hello? anyone there?

Comment

[MENTION=14691]OnlyHorrorOnlyHardcore[/MENTION] there was an anwer a few posts ago ^^ look at the post at 01-04-2016, 05:44 PM from taz0 (sry I have no idea how to link a post :/ )

[MENTION=136108]Peter[/MENTION] how can I change a destination (waypoint) for the CarAI dynamicaly?
                        - I would like to check if a Ai passed a waypoint in y-direction.
                        - and how can I slow down a car?

Maybe its usefull to have a speed limit for a waypoint. I added this feature myself
                        Last edited by LxxL; 06-27-2016, 04:30 AM.

Comment

hi, how can i add more cars to follow the same waypoints? i tried with an array but only moves one of them, so it might be no properly assigned
                          thanks for you help
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	array.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	1108395

Comment

I have also started to learn Car AI basics, it is difficult, and for personal I think that maybe Peter doesn't get it ready this year.

Comment

Wonder that is Peter Newton still making car ai stuff. Nothing heard from long times. My expectation was very high, but maybe not coming have to start learn basic.

Comment

Could we possibly get a new link for the 4.9 car AI? The existing link isn't working anymore.
                                Logitech Wheel Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X