Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[UPDATED 5/16] A.I. Templates - Bot, Car, & +Flying AI

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    that could be the problem ,, what version ue4 did u use I tried loading ur project in 4.9.2 and it crashes

    Comment


      im using 4.10.2, it is a large file so does take some time to load.

      Comment


        Originally posted by ahmiah17 View Post
        im using 4.10.2, it is a large file so does take some time to load.
        kk i'm just dl'ing it now

        Comment


          Hi Everyone,

          I want some feedback. I'm making a car package at this time, but I would like any suggestions for AI Car packs you wish existed on the marketplace. So tell me features you wish it had, and suggestions of how it would integrate into your existing levels / art. I've already come up with a solution but I'm waiting to release details in one official release. So any details here may affect what I add to that marketplace item.

          Thanks!

          Peace

          Comment


            I think the big big one for cars on the marketplace is a system that lets you do multi-crew over the network, e.g., a tank with a driver and gunner, or a regular car with a driver and passengers.

            I would buy that straight off just for the use of the example.
            Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

            Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

            Comment


              Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
              I think the big big one for cars on the marketplace is a system that lets you do multi-crew over the network, e.g., a tank with a driver and gunner, or a regular car with a driver and passengers.

              I would buy that straight off just for the use of the example.
              Well my current system has support for any type of vehicle, as long as it can take input. Your tank, car, or it can drive to the destination with just an component - its not limited to wheels. I've taken a hybrid approach to navigation in order to encompass both my navigation and the traditional nav mesh approach. This allows us to have benefits of utilizing the existing proven path system when necessary, but it also introduced the issue with multi-sized agents. Which Unreal currently has no support for. My system can handle multi-sized agents, with its own limitations but works perfectly for most vehicle types.

              So I'm going to take this into consideration, and ensure that this feature shines in the final release.

              Let me know if you have any other suggestions n00854180t!
              Last edited by PeterLNewton; 02-23-2016, 10:05 PM.

              Comment


                I think we need a proper racing car AI.
                The difficult part of this is make it competitive, intelligent enough to change the car path in order to block other car if its needed or for make a car overtake, however the car should try to stay on track.
                The the AI logic when a turn is near, and decide if it should overtake a car when a turn is near, taking into account the it could be danger.
                I could continue with a lot of features. I really don't have idea how to do this and there is not a lot of ideas around this forums.
                Last edited by Alexarg; 02-23-2016, 08:44 PM.
                pd: Excuse my English.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Alexarg View Post
                  I think we need a proper racing car AI.
                  The difficult part of this is make it competitive, intelligent enough to change the car path in order to block other car if its needed or for make a car overtake, however the car should try to stay on track.
                  The the AI logic when a turn is near, and decide if it should overtake a car when a turn is near, taking into account the it could be danger.
                  I could continue with a lot of features. I really don't have idea how to do this and there is not a lot of ideas around this forums.
                  My first intent was to have a huge focus on general traffic. I may create another marketplace item specifically for racing. My concern is that racing AI in a game like GTA vs Burnout/NFS can vary because the use cases can drastically different considering the pedestrians and other necessary city elements. What is promising is that Need For Speed : Underground was hugely successful at creating an open world racing game with normal traffic as well. So I'm going to do some research on what they did in their game and try to apply it here. Hopefully removing the need to make a racing marketplace item.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by PeterLNewton View Post
                    Well my current system has support for any type of vehicle, as long as it can take input. Your tank, car, or it can drive to the destination with just an component - its not limited to wheels. I've taken a hybrid approach to navigation in order to encompass both my navigation and the traditional nav mesh approach. This allows us to have benefits of utilizing the existing proven path system when necessary, but it also introduced the issue with multi-sized agents. Which Unreal currently has no support for. My system can handle multi-sized agents, with its own limitations but works perfectly for most vehicle types.

                    So I'm going to take this into consideration, and ensure that this feature shines in the final release.

                    Let me know if you have any other suggestions n00854180t!
                    Ah I may not have been clear - I was asking for support for network client passengers on vehicles, basically (sometimes called multi-crew), e.g., Halo's Warthog with separate seats for a driving player and a gunner, so you can have a friend gun or be a passenger in co-op multiplayer.
                    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

                    Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                      Ah I may not have been clear - I was asking for support for network client passengers on vehicles, basically (sometimes called multi-crew), e.g., Halo's Warthog with separate seats for a driving player and a gunner, so you can have a friend gun or be a passenger in co-op multiplayer.
                      Oh okay, yes I'll have to make some additions to have client network support for multi-crew! Its the hope to have AI drive the vehicle for a player, and the player could shoot out the window or off the warthog as they reach a destination.

                      Comment


                        Peter I just finished your AI videos and I got the bot going through the waypoints but not attacking.

                        There was an error on one of the branches in the Detect Service:

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	branch.png
Views:	2
Size:	341.4 KB
ID:	1101818

                        Switching the results fixed it.

                        In other words, switch the true node to false and the false node to true, making sure that when the bot finds the player the state activated is Attack.
                        ProBoon, Old-School FPS, Open Source & Tutorials
                        Support Project Boon on Patreon

                        On Steam Soon, Click Below

                        Comment


                          Hey Peter I ´m glad you´re considering a CAR AI solution for UE4!!
                          My personal take on this would be, as you mentioned, a solution for general traffic management with:

                          - Habillity to have vehicles go from point A to point B and loop on that circuit;
                          - The option for vehicles to randomly choose diferent directions based on a array of options;
                          - The option to manage how many vehicles we want to have on the level via UMG buttons/slider;
                          - The solution should consider killing/ destroying the vehicles+AI as soon as ther´re not needed or visible anymore, thus keeping frame rates/memory civilized;
                          - Stop/go on traffic lights;
                          - Give way to pedestrians on crossings;
                          - Blinking when changing direction/lanes;
                          - Turn on head/tail lights (not too AI related I know...)
                          - Avoid obstacles such as other vehicles and have the hability to wait the a car in front of them is turning/ changing directions;
                          - And like Alexarg pointed out: The the AI logic when a turn is near, and decide if it should overtake a car when a turn is near, taking into account the it could be danger.

                          A lot of the above I had going in UDK using the AI nodes in kismet right out of the box. IN UE4 since Epic hasn´t done anything with vehicles since 4.2 and with zero AI support for cars....I crawl into my little corner and cry....
                          So if You decide to take it into your own hands, Peter l Newton...I´ll be your 1st customer Yehhaawww

                          Comment


                            Still slightly confused

                            I may have missed something in the many pages of this thread. The car ai project works great. I migrated the map and blueprints to another project. The example map works, but I can't get the car to work on my own map. I have set up the waypoints(Previous and Next). Am I missing something.
                            If you could give a basic how to set up the AI on a new level.

                            Comment


                              I need car AI to my car/racing game. I have studied in 2d car game that how AI is basically working.But I need help that how to drive against good AI opponents. I need also help to make main menu where to choose which car you drive, which colour and also that how to make 2 different modes. One where you drive single race or career mode where you race all 5 tracks which I have made and player get points about every race and in the end of game total results. Like almost hole racing package which to modify.
                              I have tracks ready and cars ready

                              Comment


                                Hope that in near future someone will publish Car AI or some racing package where is customizable car game systems like menus, car selection etc

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X