No announcement yet.

[UPDATED 5/16] A.I. Templates - Bot, Car, & +Flying AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been following up on the car AI template since 4.6, got it to work on 4.8, and now 4.9! But one thing I should mention is that I still see the same issue requiring me to override the function in the decorator even with the 4.9.1 version...and yeah as tafkatfos mentioned above the compiler error in the waypoint BP which doesn't appear in your template but it still works nicely in the end. I really hope to see more updates in the future and hopefully someday a complete AI system will be built directly into UE. Great great great work here Peter!

Comment

Hope someone can help me out but after my 23rd waypoint, my AI vehicle won't go further. It just circles around the 23rd. I tried reducing it down to 6, and it only circles at the 4th waypoint then so I think it must have bugged out or something. Anything I should know about? Like the path between waypoints shouldn't cross, or something like that? I did it in my own project not in the template by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by FZBK View Post
        Hope someone can help me out but after my 23rd waypoint, my AI vehicle won't go further. It just circles around the 23rd. I tried reducing it down to 6, and it only circles at the 4th waypoint then so I think it must have bugged out or something. Anything I should know about? Like the path between waypoints shouldn't cross, or something like that? I did it in my own project not in the template by the way.
        Quickly tested this in my project, didn't run into it. Have you tried deleting them all and redoing it?

Also for vehicle avoidance, like overtaking, I saw this short clip which is done in blueprints, so is this possible with the PerceptionAI or is another way better? Any tips or pointers are welcome. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterLNewton View Post
          One thing I worked on was Car AI that would follow spline and race against each other. They would have unique personality which translated to how they performed on the track. Another component of the Car AI allow them avoid each other, staying relatively grouped to create more activity while they raced. The resulted in over 8 cars being able to race against each other, take lead, cause wipe outs, and finish multiple laps with exciting racing opponent behavior. I plan to re-approach the project, but I'm liking going to start over and learn from this previous project.
          This is something that should sell very well on marketspace =)
          Hope you are still planning to do this.
          pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

I just hope Lord Peter doesn´t loose enthusiasm and forgets about us, less fortunate ones on Car AI dealings

Comment

I hope also that. I am making now first person shooter game, but next target is minicar game and i hope that lord peter get some ai packet to unreal marketplace

Comment

I Hope that Peter Newton or some other guy get good Car AI to Unreal marketplace next year. I have get my first person minishooter game almost ready so early 2016 publishing and then i have some 2d project and after that maybe car project

Comment

I´d like to take the time to whish Master Jedi Peter L Newton and everyone who has contributed to this Thread + all others that have taken an interest in this thread, a merry/happy xmas along with a great new year full of positive energy which includes both personal and professional success!!

Comment

I am allready making tracks and it is very "difficult", but I have time. I also tried to learn Car AI basics

Comment

Originally posted by Alexarg View Post
                      This is something that should sell very well on marketspace =)
                      Hope you are still planning to do this.
                      Originally posted by tero83 View Post
                      I Hope that Peter Newton or some other guy get good Car AI to Unreal marketplace next year. I have get my first person minishooter game almost ready so early 2016 publishing and then i have some 2d project and after that maybe car project
                      Originally posted by Marco JAG Costa View Post
                      I´d like to take the time to whish Master Jedi Peter L Newton and everyone who has contributed to this Thread + all others that have taken an interest in this thread, a merry/happy xmas along with a great new year full of positive energy which includes both personal and professional success!!
                      Thanks for the support guys! It really means a lot, so much that I have started working on something.

Comment

Oh lá lá, Peter is up to something ....

Comment

so happy that you are working on this! looking forward for updates! thanks!!
                          pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

Hi, how I can duplicate the Car AI? I mean if I duplicate the sedan AIcar on the map the duplicated car stand still!
                            I'd like to create a spawning AI: when I spawn it it will automatically follow the points. is it possibile?

Comment

Originally posted by FcGrreat View Post
                              Hi, how I can duplicate the Car AI? I mean if I duplicate the sedan AIcar on the map the duplicated car stand still!
                              I'd like to create a spawning AI: when I spawn it it will automatically follow the points. is it possibile?
                              Theres some Code in the event graph of the sample map which you must add a ref of the 2nd car to

EDIT::
                              what might be better is to the code in the AiSedan like

that way if you Ctrl+c then Ctrl+v an Aisedan the code updates for each car and where its made public you can change which waypoint they should drive to 1st
                              Last edited by taz0; 01-04-2016, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Hello everyone, I´d like to ask if anyone could shed some light on how to stop the AiSedan in the CarAi whenever we want. I can see the AiSedan blueprint runs through all the targetpoints (array)placed in the level so it knows where to go next. I can also see there´s a state for the car (Idle, stopping, moving) and its called in the AiSedan BP after the Steering and Speed (throttle) are calculated, HOWEVER if I try to use/call that state (stopping) like after overlapping a trigger box placed in the level nothing happens....what Am I missing here, help please
                                Last edited by Marco JAG Costa; 01-05-2016, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X