Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Censored - Visual Censoring Volume Blueprint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [TOOL] Censored - Visual Censoring Volume Blueprint



    [ GitHub Page ]

    What is it?



    Simple blueprint to give you a chance to apply a visual censorship to any area in your map. Censored blueprint acts as a world space volume and it can be resized or rotated. It can be placed anywhere in your map just like any other object.
    You can also set mosaic tiling amount and multiplying color by your choice.


    Why GitHub?


    I've tried to submit it to the marketplace for free but it has been rejected, so here we are : )


    Which engine versions supported?


    Current Unreal Engine version: 4.17
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SumFX; 08-14-2017, 09:54 AM.
    Chameleon Post Process (Forum) ► LOOK! Color Grading Pack (Forum) ► SciFi UI Sounds (Forum) ► Censored (Forum) ► Animated Crosshairs (Forum) ► Minimalist Lower ThirdsHitPoint (Forum)

  • #2
    Converted project to Unreal Engine 4.16 and updated on GitHub.
    Last edited by SumFX; 09-25-2017, 10:15 AM. Reason: typo
    Chameleon Post Process (Forum) ► LOOK! Color Grading Pack (Forum) ► SciFi UI Sounds (Forum) ► Censored (Forum) ► Animated Crosshairs (Forum) ► Minimalist Lower ThirdsHitPoint (Forum)

    Comment


    • #3
      Nice material, thanks!
      Rocketeer

      my portfolio
      my youtube

      Simple Portals
      Water Flow For UDK
      Setup Swarm

      Comment


      • #4
        Hey mate, I am checking out this material as It seems really useful for my game and it has an awesome look.
        I have encountered an unwanted behavior tho. The default tiling is 130 which seems to be tied to screen resolution. So that when I zoom in the object being censored becomes more and more clear as the 130 resolution starts to fill the screen.
        I tried adding a little extra to the master material that reduces the tiling number based off the distance from camera to the object:


        It works when really near and really far, it does exactly what I need, but when you are somehwere inbetween the 20 - 200 distance, it does this:

        https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ToolResult.PNG

        Any Idea why? I tried setting the tiling param on the unmodified material and there it doesnt produce these results, even if I set it to some odd number like 79.213, am I implementing that wrong?

        Cheers mate,

        -S

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Adeptus View Post
          Hey mate, I am checking out this material as It seems really useful for my game and it has an awesome look.
          I have encountered an unwanted behavior tho. The default tiling is 130 which seems to be tied to screen resolution. So that when I zoom in the object being censored becomes more and more clear as the 130 resolution starts to fill the screen.
          I tried adding a little extra to the master material that reduces the tiling number based off the distance from camera to the object:


          It works when really near and really far, it does exactly what I need, but when you are somehwere inbetween the 20 - 200 distance, it does this:

          https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ToolResult.PNG

          Any Idea why? I tried setting the tiling param on the unmodified material and there it doesnt produce these results, even if I set it to some odd number like 79.213, am I implementing that wrong?

          Cheers mate,

          -S
          Hi [MENTION=211732]Adeptus[/MENTION];

          Since we are working on pixel shader here, the "Absolute WP" node takes every pixel of an object into an account. This behaviour is called "Perspective Distortion" ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspe..._(photography) ) Outer pixels in screen space means a longer distance value than the center ones. You need to take object's pivot point for referance instead of the all pixels one by one and there's a node for that called "ObjectPivotPoint".



          Change Absolute Word Position node with an ObjectPivotPoint node and i think it'll be ok. Can't test it right now though. Please let me know if it works!



          Best.
          Attached Files
          Chameleon Post Process (Forum) ► LOOK! Color Grading Pack (Forum) ► SciFi UI Sounds (Forum) ► Censored (Forum) ► Animated Crosshairs (Forum) ► Minimalist Lower ThirdsHitPoint (Forum)

          Comment


          • #6
            Haaa yes, that did it, makes actually a lot of sense, I didnt quite realize that operation worked on a per-pixel basis.
            Works like a dream now. Thanks so much dude Now I can censor my game!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Adeptus View Post
              Haaa yes, that did it, makes actually a lot of sense, I didnt quite realize that operation worked on a per-pixel basis.
              Works like a dream now. Thanks so much dude Now I can censor my game!
              Happy to help
              Chameleon Post Process (Forum) ► LOOK! Color Grading Pack (Forum) ► SciFi UI Sounds (Forum) ► Censored (Forum) ► Animated Crosshairs (Forum) ► Minimalist Lower ThirdsHitPoint (Forum)

              Comment


              • #8
                This is hilarious xD

                Comment


                • #9
                  4.17 compatible now.
                  Chameleon Post Process (Forum) ► LOOK! Color Grading Pack (Forum) ► SciFi UI Sounds (Forum) ► Censored (Forum) ► Animated Crosshairs (Forum) ► Minimalist Lower ThirdsHitPoint (Forum)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SumFX View Post

                    Simple blueprint to give you a chance to apply a visual censorship to any area in your map.
                    It's not clear to me how this works in overview. Your image shows it censoring an area of a character. Can it be attached to a character? If it's just a world volume, I don't actually see any practical use for it, character wise.
                    Last edited by Rhynedahll; 08-12-2017, 08:25 AM. Reason: Spelling

                    WIP Thread

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It's a blueprint actor and yes you can insert it as a child to other blueprints as usual.
                      Chameleon Post Process (Forum) ► LOOK! Color Grading Pack (Forum) ► SciFi UI Sounds (Forum) ► Censored (Forum) ► Animated Crosshairs (Forum) ► Minimalist Lower ThirdsHitPoint (Forum)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
                        It's not clear to me how this works in overview. Your image shows it censoring an area of a character. Can it be attached to a character? If it's just a world volume, I don't actually see any practical use for it, character wise.
                        Yes it works extremely well for characters. Im deevloping a game with adult content and needed a censoring feature like this for presentation purposes and such. This has been really good in that regards (censoring breasts and genitals of characters).

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X