Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[FREE] Radar Blueprint - Track enemies, friends, pickups and more!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ASSETS] [FREE] Radar Blueprint - Track enemies, friends, pickups and more!

UPDATE - I just released a new version of the radar template that uses UMG Widgets instead of a custom HUD class! See below for download link!

Hi everyone,

I'd like to share my Radar BP with the community. This is the same system I'm using on my Arcade Space Shooter Template.

This is based on the Shooter Game Tutorial found >Here< (Please check out this page and support the dev if you can!).

UMG Widget:

Custom HUD Class

Features:
    • Track any item by simply adding the component BP to your actor / object
    • 4 Built-in categories to choose from:
    • Flying Enemy
    • Ground Enemy
    • Boss
    • Pickup
    • Easy to customize radar range and scale

[NEW] UMG Widget - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD (Unreal Engine version 4.17)

HUD Class - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD (Unreal Engine version 4.15)
    Last edited by CoquiGames; 11-28-2017, 11:01 AM.
    [WIP] Procedural City Generator | RPG AI
    [MARKETPLACE] Animal Behavior Kit | Space Shooter Template | Procedural Foliage Tool | Procedural Park
    [FREE] Modular Road Tool | Action Platformer Template | Radar BP | Free Birds
    Join our Discord

you are the man !

Comment

Originally posted by issam1975 View Post
      you are the man !
      Thanks [MENTION=349175]issam1975[/MENTION]! Hope you found it useful!
      [MARKETPLACE] Animal Behavior Kit | Space Shooter Template | Procedural Foliage Tool | Procedural Park
      Join our Discord

Comment

Sweet and simple. Thank you for sharing this!

Comment

Massive thanks for this, I hit a serious wall when I wanted to have a radar system for my cockpit sim.
          now I only need a targeting lock on system ,trying to emulate something like elites.
          Artstation

Comment

Originally posted by Rallii View Post
            Sweet and simple. Thank you for sharing this!
            Originally posted by AlphaWolF View Post
            Massive thanks for this, I hit a serious wall when I wanted to have a radar system for my cockpit sim.
            now I only need a targeting lock on system ,trying to emulate something like elites.

Glad you guys found it useful I also struggled to figure this out for a while, so I wanted to share this in case others had the same issues.
            Join our Discord

Comment

Quick question: Is this the same camera with rendertarget on plane technique which has been out for quite some time - or a different approach?

Comment

Originally posted by Tymax View Post
                Quick question: Is this the same camera with rendertarget on plane technique which has been out for quite some time - or a different approach?
                Hi Tymax,

No, this is not using RenderTarget. This is using DrawTexture directly to the HUD class. This means is not as flexible as a widget (unfortunately), but allows you to draw directly to the screen.
                Join our Discord

Comment

Originally posted by CoquiGames View Post
                  Hi Tymax,

No, this is not using RenderTarget. This is using DrawTexture directly to the HUD class. This means is not as flexible as a widget (unfortunately), but allows you to draw directly to the screen.
                  Amazing, thats exactly what i was hoping for!
                  Thanks alot for sharing your work with the community, cant wait to look into it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tymax View Post
                    Amazing, thats exactly what i was hoping for!
                    Thanks alot for sharing your work with the community, cant wait to look into it!
                    You're welcome
                    Join our Discord

Comment

Radar Cheat Sheet / Quick Changes

Cheers for helping keep Community Tools alive: [MENTION=49600]CoquiGames[/MENTION]!
                      Radar works well, in fact code works as far back as UE4 ver 4.10.
                      Cheat sheet / quick changes (in purple) to make Radar support:

1. Local Split-Screen (Avoiding Player-0 hardcoding)

Spoiler

2. 'Large-worlds' Settings

Spoiler

3. Above / Below visual indicators for all Radar Actors (Texture-Variable cleans up duplicated code)

Spoiler

4. Pawn-Respawns / New-Players / Way to delete Radar-Actors w/o needing to wait for actor death (Ragdoll)

Spoiler

5. Actor-Tags for Adding / Deleting Radar actors in Gamemode etc. (Comp_TrackInRadar now optional)

Spoiler

Known Bugs:

Spoiler
                      Last edited by ClavosTech; 05-12-2017, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the improvements [MENTION=11397]franktech[/MENTION]!

I'd like to include some of your updates but when I click on the attachment link it gives me an "Invalid album specified" error. Can you double check and see if there is an issue with the attachments?

Thanks again for the improvements!
                        Join our Discord

Comment

Originally posted by CoquiGames View Post
                          Thanks for the improvements [MENTION=11397]franktech[/MENTION]!

I'd like to include some of your updates but when I click on the attachment link it gives me an "Invalid album specified" error. Can you double check and see if there is an issue with the attachments?

Thanks again for the improvements!
                          Cheers! Fixed now! Was using Photo-Album: Public - Album will be viewable by all visitors....
                          But if Public-Albums are blocked it may be a forum bug. [MENTION=8]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION] might check it??
                          Last edited by ClavosTech; 05-13-2017, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by franktech View Post
                            Cheers! Fixed now! Was using Photo-Album: Public - Album will be viewable by all visitors....
                            But if Public-Albums are blocked it may be a forum bug. [MENTION=8]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION] might instigate??
                            I can see the images now - thanks
                            Join our Discord

Comment

Attitude Indicator

This tweak adds a basic Attitude Indicator. Its helpful if you're using Jetfighter / Full-6DOF-Ship mechanics.
                              As right now when the Player's Craft is inverted target enemies above or below don't update to reflect that.
                              So this adds a color update to the center player icon as a spatial awareness warning (red upside-down etc).

Note: This isn't anywhere near as cool as the approach Elite-D takes, with its fully immersive 3D Radar HUD.
                              But if you're not used to space combat shooters it can be disorienting to begin with, so this is a fix for now...

Spoiler

Comment

Working...
                              X