No announcement yet.

[FREE] Logitech Wheel Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried the example and everything wokrs fine.But after packaged ,the game crashed immediately when start.I'm using 4.15

Comment

New to the site, so hiya. Not being ofay with installing this kinda stuff can someone please help and give me a little help getting Logitech Wheel Plugin installed on my iMAC. I have the G920, peddles and gear shifter and i would really like to use it on my mac, i have the Logitech software installed. My iMAC is running 10.13.5 High Sierra. Any help or advice is more than appreciated.

Comment

will work if compile binaries for 4.20?

Comment

Originally posted by cifulicitico View Post
          will work if compile binaries for 4.20?
          Want to know the same thing, was anyone able to compile the plugin for 4.20 ?

Comment

Can you give a brief explaination of where to add the plugin and how to initialize it with unreal? Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by SHAINPAIN View Post
              Can you give a brief explaination of where to add the plugin and how to initialize it with unreal? Much appreciated.
              The example project I linked shows you how to setup the basics of the plugin.

Originally posted by 3piczzor View Post

Want to know the same thing, was anyone able to compile the plugin for 4.20 ?
              I haven't done it myself, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Originally posted by Laurie.Driver View Post
              New to the site, so hiya. Not being ofay with installing this kinda stuff can someone please help and give me a little help getting Logitech Wheel Plugin installed on my iMAC. I have the G920, peddles and gear shifter and i would really like to use it on my mac, i have the Logitech software installed. My iMAC is running 10.13.5 High Sierra. Any help or advice is more than appreciated.
              Sorry for the late response. Apparently my email notifications were disabled. I don't have any experience with Unreal on Mac, so unfortunately I'm unable to help you.
              Logitech Wheel Plugin

Comment

drb1992 hey man nice plugin. i got a small issue. my steering wheel is off a bit. going strait has my steering wheel to the left. anyway i can get the source so i can adjust that myself?
                Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

plugin does not compile for 4.20. says an error
                  Error CS1729 'UnrealBuildTool.ModuleRules' does not contain a constructor that takes 0 arguments MyProject2 e:\WLS_HELIX\MyProject2\Plugins\LogitechWheelPlugin\Source\LogitechWheelPlugin\LogitechWheelPlugin.Build.cs

ill donate some $$$ to you if you can fix this plugin for 4.20...

Code:

// Copyright 1998-2016 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

using UnrealBuildTool;
                  using System.IO;

public class LogitechWheelPlugin : ModuleRules
                  {
                      public LogitechWheelPlugin(TargetInfo Target)
                      {

PublicIncludePaths.AddRange(
                              new string[] {
                                  "LogitechWheelPlugin/Public"
                                  // ... add public include paths required here ...
                              }
                              );

PrivateIncludePaths.AddRange(
                              new string[] {
                                  "LogitechWheelPlugin/Private",
                                  // ... add other private include paths required here ...
                              }
                              );

PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(
                              new string[]
                              {
                                  "Core",
                                  "InputCore",
                                  "InputDevice",

// ... add other public dependencies that you statically link with here ...
                              }
                              );

PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(
                              new string[]
                              {
                                  "CoreUObject",
                                  "Engine",
                                  "Slate",
                                  "SlateCore",
                                  // ... add private dependencies that you statically link with here ...    
                              }
                              );

DynamicallyLoadedModuleNames.AddRange(
                              new string[]
                              {
                                  // ... add any modules that your module loads dynamically here ...
                              }
                              );

string BaseDirectory = Path.GetFullPath(Path.Combine(ModuleDirectory, "..", ".."));
                          string LogitechDirectory = Path.Combine(BaseDirectory, "Logitech", "lib", Target.Platform.ToString());
                          string[] LibraryNames = { "LogitechSteeringWheelLib" };

PublicLibraryPaths.Add(LogitechDirectory);
                          foreach (string LibraryName in LibraryNames)
                          {
                              PublicAdditionalLibraries.Add(LibraryName + ".lib");
                          }
                      }
                  }
                  Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

Originally posted by frostic View Post
                    plugin does not compile for 4.20. says an error
                    Error CS1729 'UnrealBuildTool.ModuleRules' does not contain a constructor that takes 0 arguments MyProject2 e:\WLS_HELIX\MyProject2\Plugins\LogitechWheelPlugin\Source\LogitechWheelPlugin\LogitechWheelPlugin.Build.cs

ill donate some $$$ to you if you can fix this plugin for 4.20...

Code:
                    public LogitechWheelPlugin(TargetInfo Target)

Change this line to:

Code:
                    public LogitechWheelPlugin(ReadOnlyTargetRules Target) : base(Target)

Can I have some $$$ now

Comment

Originally posted by jeffries7 View Post

Change this line to:

Code:
                      public LogitechWheelPlugin(ReadOnlyTargetRules Target) : base(Target)

Can I have some $$$ now
                      There's a few more required changes due to UE moving away from monolithic headers. I've made a pull request (https://github.com/drb1992/LogitechWheelPlugin/pull/1) with those on the original repo, that should take care of it (I've tested it on 4.21, but it should work just fine for 4.20)

Comment

For me compiling fails on 4.21. I've used your patch
                        https://github.com/drb1992/LogitechWheelPlugin/pull/1

Comment

Originally posted by OnkelEdeltraut View Post
                          For me compiling fails on 4.21. I've used your patch
                          https://github.com/drb1992/LogitechWheelPlugin/pull/1
                          Can you post the error message?

My local branch had some extra changes for some stuff I'm fiddling around with, but after double checking it I'm pretty sure that I've pushed all the required changes for it to compile

Also, are you compiling using the runuat batch file or putting it on the plugins dir? I've used the former, though I'm not sure whether that should make any difference.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I've tried to use the plugin with my G27 and everything seems to work fine but :
                            • GetStatesENGINE() returns only Wheel rotation, throttle and brakes are on the same axis
                            • SetOperatingRange has no effet (and still returns true)
                            • GenerateNonLinearValues has no effect (also returns true)
                            • LogiSetPreferredControllerProperties always returns false (and it's needed to separate pedals)
                            • Same for GetCurrentProperties (is there a change in LogiControllerPropertiesData ?)
                            • LogiPlayLeds always returns false
                            • And the most important : I can’t access clutch and shifter current position

Did anyone had the same problem ?

Best regards,

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandre_Marie View Post
                              Hi everyone,

I've tried to use the plugin with my G27 and everything seems to work fine but :
                              • GetStatesENGINE() returns only Wheel rotation, throttle and brakes are on the same axis
                              • SetOperatingRange has no effet (and still returns true)
                              • GenerateNonLinearValues has no effect (also returns true)
                              • LogiSetPreferredControllerProperties always returns false (and it's needed to separate pedals)
                              • Same for GetCurrentProperties (is there a change in LogiControllerPropertiesData ?)
                              • LogiPlayLeds always returns false
                              • And the most important : I can’t access clutch and shifter current position

Did anyone had the same problem ?

Best regards,

Alex
                              Are you using the official plugin from Logitech instead of the one on this thread? If yes, I can't help you with that. If not, I can try and check whether these are all working the next time I can use a G27 (which should be next weekend, I think).

From memory, I do believe that the functions that wrap the calls to the LED and the Controller properties were working (I'm not entirely sure what you mean by separating pedals, though), but I can't guarantee that with 100% of certainty before testing it again.

Comment

Working...
                              X