Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal 4 Lighting Academy....or something like that ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Deathray,

thanks a lot for the feedback and great ideas! Will definitely work on improving this!

So here is the last part of this first session! I will do at least one more session on finalizing what I have set up so far as well as another one about grading this scene, so stay tuned

And sorry for delivering such a short part delayed from the last one!

Cheers
    Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

really loving the stuff going on just 3 videos and i lerned alot
      thank you for taking time and efforts thats what we need a real "Tutorial" not some basic stuff , really exsited for the upcomming vids

Comment

Man, Didn't even know about this thread! Really cool stuff and excited to follow it.

Are you on Twitter as well?
        Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
        UE4 Documentation

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post
          Man, Didn't even know about this thread! Really cool stuff and excited to follow it.

Are you on Twitter as well?
          Thanks Tim, this means a lot coming from an official source! Well...I actually tried to avoid Twitter since it first came up, but oh well...guess I have to start this thing rather sooner than later
          Lets see what I can do over the weekend since I totally think having a Twitter account would help for those kinda things^^

Thanks a lot for your appreciation and feedback so far to all of you guys! Glad its informative and helpful for you as this is the intention^^

Cheers!

Comment

I know what I am going to watch today
            Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
            Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
            Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

[MENTION=1624]Daedalus51[/MENTION]

I was the same way at first so I don't blame you for avoiding it! I've actually found it to be a really good resource to get information from other awesome sources and it's a nice way to share quickly with a lot of people what you're working on. I definitely find it as a good resource at this point.

I can't wait to get time to watch through this all because, as I've said a number of times, I'm not a lighting artist but I know a lot about lighting so I think this will be really awesome to help me personally grow in this area.
              Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
              UE4 Documentation

Comment

What excites me the most, besides the insane amount of information in these videos, is learning how other techniques will be applied in other kinds of situations. For instance and indoor setting. Right now this is my favorite tutorial series for me.

Comment

Hey!

Thanks for the series, I'm really enjoying it so far.
                  Usually tutorials are either technical "How to achieve this particular thing" or artistic theory, but this video is a great combo! Looking forward for next series

Also, you can change Sphere Reflection Capture quality via console(r.ReflectionCaptureResolution) or in Project settings-Rendering-Reflection.
                  It's kiiinda weird you can't do it per instance, but we have what we have!
                  SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
                  Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
                    Hey!

Thanks for the series, I'm really enjoying it so far.
                    Usually tutorials are either technical "How to achieve this particular thing" or artistic theory, but this video is a great combo! Looking forward for next series

Also, you can change Sphere Reflection Capture quality via console(r.ReflectionCaptureResolution) or in Project settings-Rendering-Reflection.
                    It's kiiinda weird you can't do it per instance, but we have what we have!
                    Hey man, great that you like it!
                    Yeah, I was a bit confused about the capture Resolution tbh since I kinda Mixed it up with the skylight rez when I read the release notes of the Version that added it. I know about the global tweak, but its tricky and quite Performance/Memory Heavy if you Set it globally, so yeah...Depends a lot on the project if I would use it or not^^

But thanks again! Really Happy about how Well this is being Received so far

Cheers!

Comment

I just watched it and I actually like longer videos. Great "tutorial", I hope you do more of those.
                      Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
                      Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
                      Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Hi,

just discovered this thread by chance and spent the last hours and half on that! Wow, amazing, and a lot of things to learn. Thanks for doing this, and please keep up with more examples!

p.s. if I might suggest something to Epic, this definitively deserves more visibility than just a forum thread
                        Last edited by rranon; 01-29-2017, 10:28 AM.

Comment

HI
                          I just wanted to know if there is any news for the upcoming videos

Comment

Originally posted by Amiot View Post
                            HI
                            I just wanted to know if there is any news for the upcoming videos
                            Hey,

there might be soon! I am really busy this week but hopefully I can upload something new this weekend

Cheers

Comment

Oh, cruel updates.
                              I just learned about different Tonemappers from your video and tried to use them in 4.15 preview, only to discover that everything except TonemapperFilm was removed :C And it's enabled by default now
                              SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
                              Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
                                Oh, cruel updates.
                                I just learned about different Tonemappers from your video and tried to use them in 4.15 preview, only to discover that everything except TonemapperFilm was removed :C And it's enabled by default now
                                Oh boy! I read that ACES is now the default, but I wasnt aware of the fact that the others have been removed. Thats a bit of a bummer Luckily though the ACES Tonemapper still provides a lot of options and flexibility, but I really liked 709^^

Comment

Working...
                                X