Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal 4 Lighting Academy....or something like that ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daedalus51 View Post
    And here it is

Cheers!
    is it possible to provide us with the shader of the skydome in a text file from which we can copy and paste it into the matrial editor in our own scenes? Would be really helpful
    Thank you very much in advance for doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by cgArchitekt View Post

is it possible to provide us with the shader of the skydome in a text file from which we can copy and paste it into the matrial editor in our own scenes? Would be really helpful
      Thank you very much in advance for doing that.
      Sorry man, I don't do such things as this would defy my approach of making tutorials in the first place!

I want you to dig an learn, no copy paste here!

Cheers!
      Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
      https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

Thanks for the great videos! Keep up the good work!
        Last edited by Aatux; 09-07-2018, 07:32 AM.

Comment

First of all thank you for your tutorials, they are really super useful! I'm experimenting with skydome shader you showed us in last tutorial and I have some question -
          Is there way to fix seam on sky? I debug my .exr and sphere UV. They perfectly fine. Then I started debug shader but my knowledge is not good enough so I can't solve this problem. It would be cool if you have any solution

Comment

Thank you for the videos! I've learned so much, and I've been watching from about the start! I wanted to ask in this thread if anyone else has encountered a host of issues when trying to replicate the physical lighting set up outlined in your video. It seems as though most of the view modes break completely, many aspects of the UI vanish (such as the foliage painter, even the rotate gizmo) and as noted by another poster, metallic surfaces and reflections seem totally broken. Is this just me or is everyone experiencing this?

Comment

Hey,

I am not sure if some of the issues you mentioned are problems for everyone, but some of the broken viewmodes can be fixed by turning on pre-exposure.

Personally, I dont really recommend using the physically based settings for now as they are usually more confusing than helpful for most people...so there is that as well.
              There is a thread in the rendering section about the issues with physical values, but I am sad to say that it has neither received some long overdue love nor attention from Epic. Although Tim Hobson just recently picked up on it again and we might be able to get more clarification and more importantly, fixes in the new future

Something entirely different:

I was on vacation and shortly after that parental leave....so I took quite a long time off and didnt really do anything for the Lighting Academy! I am sorry for the long silence, but I had to take some time off and recharge the batteries^^

There will be more Lighting Academy in the coming weeks, I am just not yet sure when exactly I am going to record again, but its definitely NOT over

Cheers everyone!

Daedalus

Comment

Thank you for this amazing series of tutorials. I am relatively new to UE4 and just starting to dig into these lessons!

Comment

Hi Daedalus,

I'm really into your Sky sphere. You know what you should really do is build this into a asset you could sell on the marketplace. All of the dynamic sky spheres out there leave you with clouds that at best are Cirrus looking, but are just kind of bad. Your cloud system with a day/night cycle would be killer. Think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by PsixoIIon View Post
                    First of all thank you for your tutorials, they are really super useful! I'm experimenting with skydome shader you showed us in last tutorial and I have some question -
                    Is there way to fix seam on sky? I debug my .exr and sphere UV. They perfectly fine. Then I started debug shader but my knowledge is not good enough so I can't solve this problem. It would be cool if you have any solution
                    Another mask, just gradients and some multply

Comment

Originally posted by marcatzeri View Post

Another mask, just gradients and some multply
                      It would be super cool if u can show how to do it! if u need I can provide u with shader

Comment

Originally posted by GameMaster79 View Post
                        Hi Daedalus,

I'm really into your Sky sphere. You know what you should really do is build this into a asset you could sell on the marketplace. All of the dynamic sky spheres out there leave you with clouds that at best are Cirrus looking, but are just kind of bad. Your cloud system with a day/night cycle would be killer. Think about it.
                        Sorry man, probably not gonna happen

I haven't altered/improved the shader enough to feel comfortable selling it, and although it sounds a bit like EPIC, I am probably not gonna develop the feature any further until I have a proper use for it myself :P

Cheers!

PS: Dig a bit into that stuff yourself! Its not as frightening as it sometimes seems and actually super fun and rewarding

Comment

Hi Daedlus,

Watched pretty much all of you're tutorial!! Learned a ton of great tips on correcting my shading and different lighting approach.

With the recent new Physical which you do not suggest us to use it since it is not very reliable and more confusing I would like to know of all you're video you made which workflow would you suggest us to use?. It would be nice to get a sort of a video like the Physical Lighting video but with you're current workflow, to get a good baisc starting setup for lightning.. I know lighting is about problem solving alot sometime but I feel a good basic start will help me out a ton ( I feel im moving the intensity of my light without knowing if it is the proper intensity comparing to the real world and I don't really know how to properly use the Sunny 16 rule with you're current workflow either.)

Don't know if you understand what I mean I can clarify in case.

Thanks and I love you're work!

Comment

Hey guys, so I debug shaider a bit more and it seems I found what cause this wier seam bug. So basicaly it's wind vector set up, here is example -
                            So any idea how to fix it? Mb use some other method to set up wind effect? ​​​​​​​
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Daedalus51
                              I love your videos, a lot of usefull infos. If you have time, can you make one about full dynamic lighting for open worlds and how to make things looking nice with night/day cycle, outdoor/indoor lighting transition, etc? I can't find any info on this

Comment

Originally posted by Haoris View Post
                                Hi Daedalus51
                                I love your videos, a lot of usefull infos. If you have time, can you make one about full dynamic lighting for open worlds and how to make things looking nice with night/day cycle, outdoor/indoor lighting transition, etc? I can't find any info on this
                                That's a bit complex to cover in one video. Try looking at marketplace items like Orbit: Weather & Seasons: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-and-seasons

Comment

Working...
                                X