Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal 4 Lighting Academy....or something like that ;)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Daedalus51 The company I work for does large scale event production and we are exploring Unreal as a tool to preset our ideas to our clients. I was wondering if you would be interested in doing a paid mentorship/coaching session with me hourly and at your convince of course. We are exploring a FPS and a VR setup. If this is something you would be interested in please let me know.

    Comment


      Thank you for starting this community Daedalus and sharing your knowledge with us. I've been watching your youtube videos and am finding them very helpful! Are you still looking for scenes to critique? I am building an indoor scene of a 1920's studio. Its a very cramped space, and I'm having trouble getting all the lighting and shadows to look good.

      Comment


        Awesome videos and tutorials, i will start re-working the light of my project (hue defense) in this week and this academy help a lot for a north to improve my lights.
        Again, thanks a lot

        Comment


          When are the new videos coming out??

          Comment


            Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
            When are the new videos coming out??
            Next week
            Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
            https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

            Comment


              Hi dear and awesome Daedalus51 I recently watched all of your videos and I can say only one thing. AMAZING!!! Such a useful information. And actually what is interesting your videos are not well structured and even I can call it mess of information. BUT! I learned so much things which I could't learn from some well designed videos. Anyway. I have a question actually

              I know that subsurface profile shader is new and now it is there for use. But there are subsurface and preintecraded skin shader which are old. But they have backscattering which subsurface profile is missing and you used in your second tutorial for ice material and it no way looked any bad. So is it bad idea to use old subsurface shaders on ear and everywhere else to use subsurface profile. I am asking because we really want backscattering on our characters but I have not seen anybody using this yet.

              And last thing. I know you do not have enough time but I am really looking forward to your next tutorial.

              Comment


                Hello there.
                Can you please send me an email regarding what we discussed via message? school starts February and want to see what we can do. I am impatiently waiting for your next tutorial.
                Best wishes
                Happy Holidays

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Daedalus51 View Post

                  Next week
                  Still waiting on that video mate

                  Comment


                    Argh...Iam sorry for always being late! Life etc you know^^

                    There you go!



                    Cheers!
                    Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
                    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

                    Comment


                      Hi @Daedalus51 and thanks for amazing content. I want to ask, is it possible to make ue4 sun disk same as the sun which you imported as sky texture. I really love that effect which sun glows from the edge of the wall and it becomes yellowish and when you look to sun without anything blocking it it becomes white bloom again. The sun disk in UE4 is soo boring and not beautiful and if even I enable bloom and light shaft it still doesnt look as good as the texture you downloaded. So what is the solution for to make sun same as the texture and keep it dynamic. For example the sun in AC: origins is amazing.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Tural View Post
                        Hi @Daedalus51 and thanks for amazing content. I want to ask, is it possible to make ue4 sun disk same as the sun which you imported as sky texture. I really love that effect which sun glows from the edge of the wall and it becomes yellowish and when you look to sun without anything blocking it it becomes white bloom again. The sun disk in UE4 is soo boring and not beautiful and if even I enable bloom and light shaft it still doesnt look as good as the texture you downloaded. So what is the solution for to make sun same as the texture and keep it dynamic. For example the sun in AC: origins is amazing.
                        You mean the star bloom/glare effect? Well...the thing is, Unreal doesnt really have a lot of options here. UE3 had the lens flare editor which was used for making cool sun discs together with flares as well but again, Unreal 4 doesnt support that editor yet.

                        I will make the sun look better in the future by using the FFT bloom (probably in the next video) but for a proper effect, you would need to build a custom sun flare particle system (something that I actually have done in the past) but thats waaaay too technical and complex for a regular lighting academy session

                        I hope I answered your question

                        Cheers!
                        Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
                        https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Daedalus51 View Post

                          You mean the star bloom/glare effect? Well...the thing is, Unreal doesnt really have a lot of options here. UE3 had the lens flare editor which was used for making cool sun discs together with flares as well but again, Unreal 4 doesnt support that editor yet.

                          I will make the sun look better in the future by using the FFT bloom (probably in the next video) but for a proper effect, you would need to build a custom sun flare particle system (something that I actually have done in the past) but thats waaaay too technical and complex for a regular lighting academy session

                          I hope I answered your question

                          Cheers!
                          Thanks man. I am looking forward to your next video. It is sad for now there is no easy way for this effect. But I already learned a ton of information from your videos. Can't wait to see what you will do with sun disc.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Daedalus51 View Post
                            Argh...Iam sorry for always being late! Life etc you know^^

                            There you go!



                            Cheers!
                            Very good tutorial, shows some nice tips!

                            One question thought, would you thing it's possible to have that scene looking as awesome as it does after you tweaked it with real-time lighting (with DFAO)? Or you think that going baked is the only way to get lighting at that quality!

                            Thanks a lot! Looking forward for the next part.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by AssemblerJohn View Post

                              Very good tutorial, shows some nice tips!

                              One question thought, would you thing it's possible to have that scene looking as awesome as it does after you tweaked it with real-time lighting (with DFAO)? Or you think that going baked is the only way to get lighting at that quality!

                              Thanks a lot! Looking forward for the next part.
                              I actually had the scene running with DF AO and fully dynamic lighting but yeah...while it does look good, it doesnt stand a chance against the Lightmass version, which is why I am going for that one

                              Cheers!
                              Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
                              https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

                              Comment


                                @Daedalus51 I really hope you will cover dynamic setup of lighting with GI too. I know there is no fully supported dynamic GI but LPV, heightfield, DFGI(looks like it is completely broken for now) even unfinished AHR addon and VXGI are still there. I do not mean do it with this scene. But when you feel it is time, I really looking forward for this lessons too, to see what kind of tips/tricks we can learn.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X